Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 18
DISPLAYED
Forten's Illusion Ch 1 The City Garage

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

Edward notes that the parking garage is laid out like every other garage- they turn in a circle to the upper level. There is not much to observe in the driving lane.
    As Edward and Conner look around their level, Edward notes that there are only two other cars on this level. One is parked in the corner, an unassuming brown sedan that is ten years old. The second is a black sedan, parked in the parking spot closest to the elevator. There is a camera pointed at the waiting area in front of the elevators. There is a second camera pointed over the overall parking area, yet there are likely many blind spots.

Describe what Conner and Edward do. Where are they looking? What are they looking for? What is their goal here?
    If you want to determine what sort of video camera is being used, make another perception check.

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"Seems about par for the course." Edward commented, "anything you're particularly concerned about? I ask since I'm late to the party and all."

Even as he asked, Edward thought about angles of approach. If he could get access to the cameras, it was possible there would be footage of this Mathew Forten. That could make matters simpler. Edward examined the cameras from afar, hoping they wouldn't be closed circuit.

3 successes

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Arcane Sight)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

"Mostly that whoever this 'Forten' has abilities we haven't planned on. If I'm right about the worst possibility, we could be looking at someone unlike anyone we've faced before."

4 successes

And with that Conner closes his his to briefly focus his Auspex and then opens them to the flow of the supernatural around him. Where most Auspex users would see patterns of emotion or being, Conner can see how what most would call 'magic' permeates the fabric of reality and leaves its grape-like stain on the world. Perhaps Forten or one of his students would have left some trail behind.

As Conner notices the brown and black sedans he stops to pull out his phone and text something to Edward's phone...

Juggling lots of plates. Good memory.

One thing Conner couldn't escape besides the nature of his Kindred curse was his ironclad memory. If he got information worth remembering, it would be remembered. It's how he passed his Lancea studies so quickly. He looks at the license plate numbers of each vehicle and burns them into his mind to be recalled later.

Equipment

BP 5/8
    HP 7/7
    WP 5/5

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Jennifer Hazelton

Edward notes that the video cameras are closed circuit. One of the cameras is moving slightly, focussing on Edward and Conner. Edward noted that these cars appear average. One has a 'My student was student of the month at Elementary school'. There is no one around. There is a staircase leading down and an elevator.

BoxingUnicorn , I am going to need you to use Arcane Sight correctly. You can attempt the devotion one more time and I can respond if you do so properly.

6. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward felt his phone buzz, but waited a moment. He winked at the camera following them, wondering if it was on manual control. Conner was doing… something? So Edward leaned against his car and pulled out his phone.

he frowned, unsure what Conners text meant.
    WDYM? Edward texted back.

and then, also, careful with the name drop. Walls might have ears. He texted in a new message.

He kept his phone out and commented aloud:
    “Quite the spread of surveillance dead zones. Lucky we parked in view, if something were stolen, I’m sure we could inquire with the good security professionals and take a peek at the tapes.”

OOC: sorry for the formatting, I’m on my phone.

8. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner looks at the text and gives a nonchalant smile. He jots out a quick text in reply...

Memorizing #s.

After Conner's had a good chance to memorize the plate numbers on this level he starts heading towards the stairs, searching for anything that stands out. "Membership must be pretty exclusive. Normally you'd think a garage like this would be packed."
    2 successes

He heads toward the stairwell to the next level down. Conner's looking for the tell-tale signs that folks tend to leave in places like this: discarded receipts; flyers or business cards that slip out of the pocket; traces of lost clothing or other personal articles forgotten out of haste or neglect.

Equipment

BP 6/8
    HP 7/7
    WP 5/5

Jennifer Hazelton

Conner spots three cars on the next level. Two trucks, one white and one black. A black sedan. There does not appear to be anything special about these cars. They appear to belong. Connor does note the same camera set up as above. Closed circuit cameras observing the elevator and overlooking the stored cars.

What do you do?

I assume you are moving downwards as I already described the level Edward and Conner were on.
    This scene closes in 2 days. Finish up what you need to do

Jennifer Hazelton

The two finish looking over the two levels and realize that it was time to leave. What conclusions have you drawn from this evening?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread