Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
The Vanishing Chapter 1 Path of Flight

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The three investigators had followed information to an odd scene at Rocky's. Helen had examined the crime scene and found some objects, including a knife. Questions were asked of two of the witnesses. Now the Kindred had a path pointed out to them where a mortal witness saw two muscle cars, under the power of the leather clad 'big guys' who had caused this scene. Yet Helen has turned up a troubling fact that a witness took a recording of the car being flipped by one man, who may be Kindred. Connor has noticed and pointed out the signs that it could be Kindred to Alessandra.

The mortals are anxious and upset by what they have witnessed. The man conversing with Alessandra and Connor now walks away to join his boyfriend at the car. The man with Helen had been watching her reaction. Now he appears fatigued, a bit slumped in his shoulders as he turns. Preparing to walk away and likely melt into the night.

Time seems to press in on you. You have had a path pointed out where Twist has gone, pursuing more of these unknown, violent Kindred into Folsom. Where do you go? What do you do? Should you call in others to help contain this situation, or can you three handle this together?

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The cattle were of little help in the Savages mind. They saw what they saw and that was about it.

Reaching out to more of the Domain was on her mind, this was something she preferred to handle with as many Kindred as possible. But they were a small Domain, and only Helen and Connor had shown interest in the first place. Not ideal, but she’d have to make it work.

She had a direction to head, and looks to the two Haunts, “We ready to move out?” head nodding in the direction. “If either can think of anyone who could prove useful, give ‘em a call, sounds like we have some cranky visitors to deal with.” Unless Twist, if it was indeed Twist, had already handled them. Which, if it was her, was very possible, though Ale would be sad she missed their demise at the delicate Daeva’s hands.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

"Lets hope it's not some new bath tub street drug that makes more or less harmless druggies into psychos who think they're the damn Hulk..."

Whats more to say ? Maybe the street drug route catches, perhaps it doesn't. Yet, Helen doesn't really think this is the right place to kick up a fuss by going for the guy's phone. Also the others are apparently getting ready to leave, so time's a factor. It doesn't really sit right with her, but again, too many people around, especially if there may be others watching like the guy she just heard about...

So she makes her way over to the others again.

"Depends how much we're on the clock. That guy I talked to over there recorded the car-flipping contest and also said someone might have seen the whole thing, including us, might be up there in that place over the pizza joint, with the metal gate and the staircase." Helen takes great caution to not point out the specifics or look in their general direction. "Didn't really feel too comfortable with trying to snag his phone with that much people around, but he's mentioned he's made a statement to Police already and is pondering dropping the recording off there as well. Might be something worth keeping in mind for some after-the-fact-clean-up." She shows the other two the knife she found. "I also found this knife, look familiar ?"

Helen can't think of too many who'd be really great in a scrap that are easily available.

"Bobby's out of town and Mable Wood, fuck knows where she's been going, they'd been pretty helpful, apart from that...?" Well, there IS Conner Wells, but she can't drag him into everything, also, she likes to think she can handle some cranky visitors.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Jennifer Hazelton

Are you ready to move out? What shall you be doing? Helen KingsleyAlessandra

The man fiddles with his phone a moment, thoughtful. Perhaps thinking over the bath salts. Perhaps googling it? As Helen walks away, he turns and walks out of the area.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor assess the situation silently. They're definitely going to need a cover-up before anything hits the news, but that's a future problem. When Ale asks if they're ready to go, Connor simply nods. "There were too many witnesses." The haunt says under his breath. "We're definitely going to need some intervention in the area, but we probably have some time to put thought into it." He remembers being controlled by a Ventrue once before, but how deep does that control go?
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a frown, Fanculo.” Mutters the Savage under her breath. That video could be a problem down the road. But they also had to find the Twist look alike. They could pause their search and physically take the phone, which would solve one problem, but might create another. Could she get her men to come and get the phone, or would calling in someone from the Domain be easier?

“I agree, we need to get the phone.” But being charming was not a tool she had.

The Italian knew there was no calling Mable. Well, you could...but it would go unanswered.

It was just one fucking thing after another.

To Connor, “Maybe Alex could help with it, he can be very, well, charming.” Did Connor know Jacque’s mundane name? She had no clue. “I might also be able to get some of my men over here and see if they can take control of the situation.” Those were the only options she had for now.

But she was holding back, looking to see if the other two would step up. Sure, she could make all the calls, but when you want other Kindred to step forward, you step back slightly.

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Helen shrugs.

"I've mentioned to the guy those car-folks might have been on some sort of homemade bathtub drugs. Might help rationalize the whole thing."

Provided it sticks and it still doesn't solve the mess with the video.

"Connor here can also be pretty convincing, or so I heard. Again, I'm not that good with talking to folks when stuff's on the line. I mean, I could get the thing I guess, but that'd mean putting the guy through the wringer and let's be honest, the more obviously relatd trouble we make for this guy now, the easier it'll b for him to think there might be something to the stuff he filmed."

Because there is, of course, but then, right now, he doesn't necessarily realize the full extent.

"Sounds about right." She concedes to the options, even if she has to ponder for a while who this Alex might be.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor shakes his head at Helen's suggestion. "I have some sway with others like us, but not on them." He says under his breath. "Perhaps this Alex will be helpful? If you're suggesting them, Sofia, they must be quite competent. In the time being though, I think getting some of your men to control the situation might be the better option. I don't have any more immediate options."

He looks in the direction that the men pointed out. "I seem to recall a member of a more lordly family being able to stop me in my tracks. I'm not sure just how strong their charm is, but if we can have the guy brought in, another member of said family might be able to help with the clean up. We should get moving though and make our calls on the way. Not to rush everyone, but the longer we sit here the colder the trail gets."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Jennifer Hazelton

As the trio speak, Helen and Alessandra's phones chirp with a notification.

Woman on CBD radio is calling that an ambulance is being too slow to pick up her friend in Folsom. Address unknown. Giving details to pull off Ridge onramp, turn left and drive to where you see a van pulled to the side of the road.
    Injured friend claims to have been bitten on the neck, and has lost blood. Claims to have $300 cash to give to anyone who will drive her friend to the hospital.
    Related to the earlier ambulance situation? Unknown.

Connor's phone chirps with a notification a moment later.
    Dispatch received a call for an ambulance in Folsom - caller found their friend on the ground, weak from blood loss and bleeding from the neck.
    Caller drove the victim towards closest hospital, yet the tire on the vehicle blew near Ridge offramp. EMT swamped, may take a few minutes to respond

You can hear the dim sound of helicopter in the sky. Somewhere close, an ambulance screams away from your location.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

An absent nod to Helen. The Haunt wasn’t completely wrong, it could help explain things. But it wasn’t a certainty. And she needed a certainty.

This situation was quickly spiraling. It was supposed to be a quick find the Twist look alike and figure out what was going on.

But now there was some rogue Kindred kicking shit up and making this a whole fucking mess.

As much as she hated it, her first priority was to secure the First, make sure there was no Breach and contain one if there was.

Her men were a good option, but that could get complicated.

Wait, did Connor not know who Alex was? It was starting to seem that way. But that was of little concern.

Cell was dug out of her pocket and glanced at,

Per l'amor del cazzo.” Frustration and anger in her voice.

Time for shit to get in gear.

Looking to Connor, “I’m going to need you to get that phone. I think you can be a pretty charming guy when you want to be. I also don’t care how you do it, but there are factors to remember here and things we need to protect.” That was that.

“You and I are going to continue to follow the trail.” to Helen, then back to Connor, “We will stay in contact via our cells. Once you’ve gotten what is needed, you can rejoin us and we can figure out what the fuck is going on."

Looking at her cell once again, “I’m going to have Alex fix this situation.” And with that, she will forward the notification to Jacque , with the text, “Needs to be handled asap, working too much shit to handle it personally.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread