Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Confidants Baker's Rendezvous

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

Early the next evening, Baker thought upon the task at hand. Did Albert Baker do anything before the rendezvous? Did he make any preparations?

Baker looked over the address that Mr. Jake supplied. It was an address downtown. Any internet research showed that it was a small house in a residential area, too rundown for many patrols by law enforcement, yet clean enough that one may attract notice from the neighbors.

Once Albert arrived at the address, he found a squat rectangular house. There was an empty driveway. Rosebushes were neatly arranged under two windows beside the front door. Glancing about, Albert could see two houses of similiar design to either side of his destination. A two story house across the street was quiet. Somewhere, he heard the sound of tires driving contantly in this part of town.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Indeed it had been a bit of a busy night until then, as Al had used the night so far for getting a city map and some clothes he normally weren't his style to wear but with someone on the other side who might be payed by or worse be one of the Hamleighs themselves style was a lesser concern this night.

Having finished dressing in the apparel he just had bought he looked in the mirror and the only thing that escaped his lips was sarcasm.

"Joy to the world."

Leaving his haven behind in a purple tracksuit and a baseball cap with the logo of the Sacramento Kings, he hoped that and the attempt at jogging he made would at least help a little bit to get him where he needed to be without getting found by the wrong people. That was also the reason for taking a longer way to his destination as they might be expecting him taking the direct one. At times he stopped to compare the address with the notes he had made to find it.

Upon seeing the houseand surroundings he remembered now that he originally had planned on trying to get the phone number to that place to announce himself but mentally shrugged, as it was too late for that now... After a short pause to think and check the address again he went to the door and rang the doorbell.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

expenditure

Jennifer Hazelton

A curtain twitched as someone within the house checked who stood on the doorstep. After a brief pause, the door was opened. The one within held themselves out of view of the door, stating.
    "Come in. I'm trying not to advertise that I am here."

A look past the door reveals two lamps were on a dim setting within the living room. The rest of the small space consisted of a neat kitchen, an open door in a short hallway that showed a small bathroom and a closed door at the end of the hall. Presumably a bedroom. A small rolling suitcase was set in a corner of the living room.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded and entered the house.

"I figured that much, that's why I wear... this."

Looking for something to sit on he shuffled through the living room.

"I do have some questions, but I think you expected that and this visit since you arrived here..."

Focusing his gaze on her he smiled faintly and his voice gained a little affection.

"Good to see you. How have you and Sam been ?"

Jennifer Hazelton

"Before the situation with Camp and Rebecca McIntyre? It was going well. Sam has established himself. He was working with the Primogen to get a favor from the Prince." Ruby confided. "Then I overheard that another Kindred to the area, Tiff, had secured the right to Embrace someone. Tiff and Madame McInyre saw me overhearing, we had a pleasant conversation. Then the next night, I walked in on some sort of beating on a petite person." Ruby appeared dejected.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al nodded wistfully. Ambitions and big plans... Sam had not slowed down over the years.

"A favour from the Prince... Big and bold steps, as always."

He listened and when she mentioned 'some sort of beating' he frowned as he didn't really like where this seemed to be going.

"I'm afraid you might have to elaborate a bit on that. I still don't quite see the problem."

He took a notepad and a biro out of his pocket, putting both beside him.

"After you did that, I'll have a few questions I'd like you to answer."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Tiff's intended Embrace was beaten in front of me. The loons who did it took off too quickly for me to see. Then McIntyre shows and sees me and the badly hurt human lying there." Ruby stated. She pinches the edge of her tunic shirt repeatedly, staring worriedly off at the wall.

Status
    (Acknowledged)
    Albert Baker

PRE

Al leaned back and sighed. The problem was obvious, yet the situation might be still not hopeless.

"And she naturally thinks you did that... It seems we have quite the problem to solve..."

He took a pause to rearrange his thoughts and then began to speak.

"We have decided to take this mess step by step. At the moment we are at the first: gathering information and deciding what to do based on that information. There are things we need to know and I don't trust the others enough to have them here with me."

Unfolding the map on the table and putting a red marker pen on it, he gave her information of which he didn't know whether she had it or not, but thought she needed to have to help.

"The little information I have from the couriers say Camp is coming here. As are three others, which I hope are his assailants... What I need to know is from where he is entering the city, so that we have a chance to get him before his opponents do and before he can disappear somewhere we can't go..."

Taking his attention off the map he looked at her with a slight smile though it seemed a bit strained.

"Besides I'd like your assessment on Camp, if you can and wish to do so. What he might do, where he might hide, whether he could be dangerous..."

With a sigh he prepared to take notes.

"I know, I can't promise that everything will be alright again, but we'll try."

Jennifer Hazelton

"Why would Camp's assailants come here?" The younger Kindred looked confused by the information. "I have never met Camp. I do know that they are short and petite. Camp looks to me to be Japanese, if I was forced to descrbe them. Yet Camp is darker skinned, like a light skinned Black person.
    I do know that they are not a 'he'. I have heard them referred to by they / them pronouns when the rumors that I was a suspect in the beating reached me.
    I came here from Islamorada, Florida if you are trying to determine if they are coming by bus or perhaps by sleeper car on the train.

"That is why I fled here. To avoid McIntyre and her Invictus connections... and perhaps to see if you would be able to help. My sire contacted the coterie to set this emergency haven up for me. Although I am sure that I shall owe them a boon for it, when it is safe to meet with them.

Have you established a place where I could meet with the coterie?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread