Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Terms of Empowerment

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jul 17, 2022 : Corn texts Belle
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Corn's expression of disbelief doesn't go unnoticed by Belle's watchful eyes, and she laughs good-naturedly. "I'm not expecting miracles, but I'd like to think that if and when I get more of an understanding of Matter that I'd want to tinker with my spy toy myself."

Corn's caveat prompts the Mystagogue to full on belly laugh. Rocking in her seat for a few seconds while she catches her breath. "Oh my gosh! Can you imagine if I had a freakin' Megatron buzzing around! But no, I totally get it. No need to send 'bad guy spy' vibes." She pulls out her phone and starts pulling up web searches. "With the right Arcana either of us could enchant it to hold a lot more than it could normally, though that'll probably be a later addition once we've trial tested it. We'll likely want something a bit smaller than most Transformers; some of them can get pretty big for toys." She looks up at Corn. "I myself dabbled with Bumblebee and Optimus and the rest growing up. As any good child would."

"I like keeping the reveal secret until we've worked out all the kinks. No need making anybody paranoid." ​A few names come to mind, but really Belle doesn't want to distract other Magi who have legitimate concerns of defense. "So, how long do you anticipate the process taking? And is there a safe place we can conduct tests? Or would it be best to handle those here since we don't want to let the rest of the Order in too soon?"

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"There would be a safe place in the Athenaum, we even have the workplace for it, but unfortunately, with Crystal gone the place is not up to standards; the upkeep was his job." Corn said with a sigh. "I could enchant it at home but I would like you to be present, after all, it will be your item. But I vastly prefer to keep my Sleeper life from my Mage life. It is not safe for the Sleepers in my life, but it is safer. Furthermore, the neighbors may notice a woman nobody knows coming to my home for hours when my wife is away for a job. Not to mention that friends and relatives may stop by. Rumors start that way.

But if here is an option, then yes, I would prefer to do it here so that you and the toy may be acclimated. If you have some skill in matter, I would like you to watch with matter sight and supernal vision to see what I do and how magic interacts with the toys. If you are a disciple of matter, then I would like you to actively participate in the casting. The ritual will take a few hours, so it would help to have snacks and all. I will bring the sacraments I require for the ritual myself, but if you are to participate, which I hope you would, you should have something that symbolizes your connection with the matter arcanum yourself.
    "

Are you good to close and start a new one, with a couple of toys (plural) of your choice? To cast the ritual? Remember the first is a test run, not permanent.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

3. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle facepalms when Corn mentions the risks of having her sneak into Corn's house for alone time. ​"Oh my gosh! I'm an idiot. Yeah, that absolutely makes sense. Come to think of it, I should probably pay attention to what my neighbors are saying about me, if anything. Granted, I've made it no secret that I'm new, single, and recently employed." Though given she's had Crystal over without much incident, maybe the rumor mill only ran around married households out here? Depends on the neighbors, I guess.

"Matter's never really been on my
    repertoire, unfortunately. But if you need a personal focus then I can provide that so that the toy has a Sympathetic connection." ​She shrugs, more offering facts than disappointment. She's aware of what she needs to work on. ​"But now that I know there's a chance it might be more immediately applicable, I'll definitely make Matter study a priority as I can."

I'll plug in a Glimpse for purchasing the toy and then send an IC text for readiness! Thanks for a fun Scene

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Just before you close...

Corn smiled when Belle mentioned making matter studies a priority. "You know, about studying matter... I happen to be a dadouchos; that means teacher in fancy-talk, and I happen to be a master of matter. I have helped Guru in the past and I can certainly help you."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle's eyebrows perk up at Corn's offer at mentorship. "Corn...I think this is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship."

My apologies! I forgot I opened the Scene in the first place. Thanks
    again!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread