(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Elysia when not busy with official Courts and business was relatively quiet. Well, except the club music upstairs, but one learns to turn that out after so many years.

And this would be where one would find Alessandra if they were so inclined. Sitting at one of the tables, soft classical music coming from a cell phone on the table. Which also included some folders of sheet music, some blank, some partially written on, as well as an old book.

Currently the book was open in one of the Savages inked hands as she was reading. Her outfit was more casual then usual for Elysia. But she figured she could wear whatever the hell she wanted. So tonight, it was an oversized sweater with cutouts exposing the ink on her arms and a pair of black pants.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor stepped into Elysia after a few hours at Nuit. Catching up on paperwork was a nightmare that the Haunt just didn't want to deal with this particular night. While his own beast was hidden, the sea of others washed over him, stopping him in his tracks for a moment as he entered Elysium proper; most wanted to make him fight, but one in particular called for him to run. A deep breath and a moment in his mind was all it took to put the beast back in its box.

Stepping into the large meeting room, his ears caught the tell tale harmonies and arpeggios common in classical music amongst the din of small talk, and while he couldn't tell who the composer was; it was... well... music to his ears. Almost without thinking, he followed the music to find Alessandra pouring over the first of the Divine Comedy. While her beauty couldn't be denied in the usual attire he saw her in, she seemed more intimidating than approachable; as if approaching her were the same as a walk to the gallows. Tonight, however, her decision to dress casually threw Connor for enough of a loop that his feet were moving before he told them to, and it wasn't long before he was sweeping into a deep bow. She still had that air of danger about her, less prominent than his own of course, but where she normally seemed to be all business; tonight, in his eyes at least, she seemed more relaxed and less focused on the workings of the court.

After waiting for 5 beats of the human heart, Connor rose. His curse had probably already alerted the Prince of his presence, but court etiquette needed to be followed at all times. As law dictated, the Haunt waited just outside of conversation distance to see if he would be allowed to approach her.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Connor would have guessed correctly; his presence did alert her. But also, the air of another Kindred within the walls of Elysia. One becomes used to the coming and goings of the crowd of nameless when one is present almost every night.

Dark eyes glance up from her book, catching the bow and he waited. Looked like someone paid attention to the Laws. Though she wasn’t as worried when Court wasn’t in session and she was more or less just relaxing. Kind of.

The book closed and set aside, “Mister O’Brien, good evening. Care to join me?” gesturing to the empty seats at the table, “How has your return been?”

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt nods and takes one of the seats offered. "Thank you, Your Grace." He pauses for a moment, pondering on Alessandra's question. "It is going well, the worst part of it is catching up on the paperwork at Nuit." He finishes his sentence with a shrug and a smile. "I'm glad it didn't take as long as I was expecting, and the time away gave me a chance to look at what I've built here with a different perspective."

His eyes gradually move back toward the book the Prince was just reading, then to the sheet music. "I suppose the grand piano was added should you fancy playing on a whim, Your Grace?" He knows he's heard it mentioned in court, but he's never taken the time to confirm it.
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod, “Paperwork is always a nightmare, I recommend a Ghoul to help with it. Saved my sanity on more than one occasion.” Gabriel would be handling a lot of the paperwork for her business once the deed was signed. “A different perspective? Did you have a negative one before?” not she could blame him, things don’t always go as planned.

“The piano is mine, an old habit from a time past. Though I wouldn’t say I play on a whim, it’s been quite a few years and regaining the knowledge has been an adventure.” She still wasn’t as good as she once was, but, she was getting there. “You have an interest in music?”

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor nods at Ale's suggestion. "Thank you for the suggestion, your Grace. I do have a ghoul to help run the bar, there are just some business dealings that I would prefer to do myself." Ale's question, though, catches him slightly off guard. His face reveals his confusion slightly as he ponders on the question. "I wouldn't say it was a negative view, just different. Until I came to Sacramento, I had always had my lineage to open doors for me. Here, I don't have that. It gave me a chance to decide if I wanted to stay here and forge my own path despite it being more difficult, or return to New York where the acquisition of largesse would be easier, but would always be, in part, due to the success of my sire. I've decided that Sacramento is my home now, and I would rather earn my place than have it given to me due to my lineage."

The Haunt listened, with genuine interest, as Ale spoke about the piano. "Playing music? Not at all. Listening? Of course. I'm partial to the Jazz Age, but classical has a special place in my heart as well." He paused for a moment before continuing. "I can't speak for the rest of the Domain, but I would love to hear you play at some point; should you ever be so inclined, of course."
    The Vanishing:

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

I keep forgetting to add Connor's attire. He's wearing a pair of slacks and a striped button up with the sleeves rolled up revealing Celtic tattoos on both forearms. The tattoo on his right arm seems to keep going up under his sleeve.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle, “I get that. Gabriel has been a wonderful addition, but somethings require a more, personal touch.” Especially in her profession, both within the Kine world and the Kindred world. There were nods here and there as she listened, “Personally, I think that is the wise path to take. Being handed things just takes away from the importance of them, makes one not appreciate it. Well, in my opinion anyways.” A slight smirk. “If it’s not to personal, what caused the shift in thinking? I only ask because I’ve come across many who expect things to be handed to them because of a name or their Covenant. And most of them were not qualified or worth the place, position or whatever it was. So it’s refreshing to hear someone deciding to go against the norm.” especially one of the Invictus.

“The jazz age? Any musician in particular or just the genre as a whole? I know the basics of jazz, but never really got into it.” It just didn’t speak to her the way classical did. Another smirk, “Same question about classical.” It was always interesting to hear what classical music someone enjoyed. “Perhaps one day, once I’ve relearned the basics and can actually make it through a song. Years of not playing has made it difficult to play, but, I’m making progress.”

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Haunt paused for a moment, seemingly in thought, at the Prince's question. What had caused the change in his thought process? The entire truth was difficult to put into words, but he would try anyway. "Before coming here, I had never really known the difference between earning accolades and having them handed to you; not the way it felt, at least. I believe that's part of the reason I allowed my ambition to cause as many mistakes as I've made. I was so used to having everything that I was just as you described. However, after earning my title among the Nosferatu, as well as the praise of the Lady Notary, New York seemed empty. I hadn't earned my titles, they were bought with favors owed to my Sire. Here, I take true pride in the title of Whip, as small a title as it may be, because it wasn't just handed to me." He paused for another moment before flashing a small smile at Alessandra. "Apologies, Your Grace, I've simply reiterated your own thoughts on the matter, though everything I've said holds true."

Moving on to the next subject was easier for the Whip. "My love for the genre started after seeing Louis Armstrong live in the 20's, but I honestly don't have a favorite... it mostly depends on the mood or the situation." The smirks weren't lost on the Haunt, though he couldn't be entirely sure whether they were indicative of the Prince enjoying herself, or something else entirely. "For classical... it may be cliché, but I tend to be drawn back to Mozart time and time again. He seems to have a work for most every occasion." He nodded along as the Savage gave her thoughts on playing for others. "Well, if you would ever like to try your hand without the pressures of Court, I would gladly host you at Nuit when you feel you're ready."
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

As he spoke, it became apparent the stark differences in how they had experienced their Danses. “Always found it fascinating how unique each Danse has been for different Kindred.” Nothing had been handed to her. In life, yes. But not as a Kindred, everything had been earned through blood shed and hard work. “The thing with mistakes, is once acknowledged, they can be overcome. No one has a mistake free existence.” But it took strength to admit them. Then a shake of her head, “Nothing to apologize for, you put your own spin on the matter and didn’t parrot it back to me.” And that was important.

“I’m familiar with the name, but that’s about it. Though it’s funny how one picks music depending on many factors. Mood, life event or whatever.” So no argument from her. “Mozart? A very talented composer. There are a few of his pieces I enjoy. But I’m not surprised you’re drawn to him, he was the life of the party, liked to make his music crisp and airy, giving his listeners a sense of completion.” Classical was sort of her thing. “I’ve always found myself drawn to Beethoven, his way of using subito piano, just adds something to the piece.” Something not many other composers were doing at the time. “Is there a piece by Mozart that stands out to you? One that speaks to you more than the others.” She had her pieces by Beethoven that she was always drawn to.

“That’s a generous offer, grazie. Should the need arise, I’ll reach out.” Though it was fairly easy to restrict access to Elysia when she wanted, and she had. “Speaking of your business, how is that going?”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread