Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Forten's Illusion Chapter 1 Endeavor

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Forten's Illusion: The Old College Try
Aug 14, 2022 - Aug 14, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

R Quartermain receives a call and excuses himself. R Quartermain leaves the thread Conner Wells may continue as R Quartermain has left.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward had come to Elysuim to reaffirm connections. He found unfinished business.

The door, at his touch, opened, and Edward slipped inside. Conner, Jennifer, and Jennifer's ghoul.

"Good evening, and apologies for the interruption. I wish to be part of the solution if you will have me." He looked at the group for permission, but mainly at Jennifer, to who Edward gave a deeper nod.

3. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer was watching Conner for his response.
    When Quartermain simply left the meeting, Jennifer frowned. A glance towards Mr. Wells. Wondering if he had any answers to the questions posed.
    As another darkened the door, Jennifer looked over to the arrival.
    Jennifer looked over Edward carefully. He had been involved in the Dropping Bodies investigation, she told herself. As well as quite a spectacular manner of tongue wagging that had gotten back to me.

Jennifer looks at Edward for a long minute. Letting the time stretch out. She was perfectly comfortable with silence.
    “Ah, Mr. Heinrich, returned to the Domain.” Her Cursed voice slithered like a serpent.
    “We are down one investigator,” A look after Mr. Quartermain, now well and truly gone. Her gaze returned to Edward.
    “Are you able to commit to this investigation, ready to devote necessary time to it?”
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Another voice stirs Conner's attention, though this one rings with a bit more eagerness to it. Heinrich? Eager to get his good name out in the Domain so soon?

As Priscus Hazelton greets Edward and permits him a seat, Conner looks pack to the snake-voiced woman in a desperate attempt to distract himself from the slithering discomfort the voice induced.
    "If Forten is truly 'teaching' these students something then those students will be investing serious time and effort in being present with him. Either he knows and recruited them personally or they found out about him. I have ties to the Academic sector I can use to reach out and see exactly who Forten is targeting for his recruitment. Given the size and variety of collegiate student bodies here in the city they're bound to cover a wide ground and at late hours." He's spent many nights feeding on grad students blowing off steam after a long day or interns and sophomores getting a taste of the night life in a new city. "The one thing I'd need to confirm is whether Forten uses an alias that might aid in his recruitment. Did that come up in any of the interviews?"

"I can reach out to Priscus Baker or Ms. Hamura from Clan Mekhet to offer assistance. Priscus Baker in particular may be of use given his history in the Circle of the Crone."
    Though there's a piece of his gut that tightens at having to recommend him for that reason alone. He looks between Mr. Heinrich and Priscus Hazelton. "Would you like me to debrief Mr. Heinrich?" He only asks because of his earlier summary to Quartermain. If Priscus Hazelton is testing his ability to retain information, he'll gladly oblige the challenge.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Jennifer made her... greeting. An unpleasant thing to listen to for multiple reasons, with plenty to unpack, but Edward focused on the question.
    "I am ready and able to commit, Priscus Hazelton. At the moment, there is no more important use of my time than putting right unfinished business." Edward was careful to emphasize the sincerity in his tone. He knew it was possible to take that kind of phrase as aggression.

He did not yet take a seat, as permission had not been granted in gesture or word.

Most of what Conner then said went over Edward's head. He wasn't even familiar with the name Forten.

7. Likes , liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Mr. Heinrich." The cursed voice sounds as Jennifer looks at Edward. A long pause as Jennifer considers possibilities.
    "I am going to be straightforward with you. I have an issue with you.
    Yet we have spent enough time with appraising someone who just departed without thought of the consequences. Mr. Wells and I could use your assistance."

I have a long memory. Some things still needed to be addressed. Yet for the safety of the Domain, some things would be conveniently postponed for the moment.

"Mr. Heinrich was involved in some of the Dropping bodies issue."
    This was stated to Mr. Wells.
    Jennifer makes a gracious gesture to the chair across from her own chair.
    "Do have a seat."

Jennifer takes a packet from Liam marked Information Packet #1, which was offered across the table to Edward.
    Information Packet #1

"Although there is no reason to suspect all of his students are young people. It is a possibility that you should pursue." Jennifer states to Conner. "No, no mention of an alias that Matthew Forten may use came up in the interview with Angela. Whip Northbridge was leading the questioning. I intended to follow up with my own, yet there was not enough time that night.
    Yes, do reach out to Priscus Baker. I have the intention of stepping back from the footwork of the investigation and running down the investigation leads that your team turns over to me. I have a library that I expanded for the investigation and considerable skill in computers.

If you needed someone with a professional grasp of the Mekhet Family Gift, the Daeva Family Gift or the ability to cloak oneself, I would wish to be present.
    I would like to be invited on any stealth, observation or interrogations that would come up. Yet with Mr. Quartermain's departure, I am hesitant to step away frm the footwork.

A pause here. Would the two have their own opinions on this? More importantly, would they share thier ideas with me?

"Do the two of you have skills or areas of expertise you would be comfortable sharing for planning purposes? Much of the night is gone. We have only a few more minutes to speak together, tonight. I would suggest that we make a plan to gather information for tomorrow evening.
    I suggest we move to the club Forten owns or where he stores his car during the week tomorrow evening."

"It would be appreciated if you would appraise Mr. Heinrich on what we have discussed about the cat cryptid and the interview with Angela, Mr. Wells."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

9. Likes , liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner just barely holds his expression as the temperature in the room drops. He's heard Priscus Hazelton stern before, but never...cold. And not just in an undead sense. He remembers Heinrich being a social pariah because of something he'd said or done a while prior. Did it involve the Nosferatu Priscus? Such juicy secrets. Such tender egos. Conner adjusts in his seat as he swallows the bitter ambition welling in his soul. There would be enough chances to earn favor with the Priscus or Heinrich in time.

It sounds like Priscus Hazelton had plenty of resources invested in this investigation. No wonder she wants it done well and quickly. "I'll reach out as soon as I'm able. I'm sure he'll be pleased to be involved." Anything to show off Clan Mekhet's new leadership. "If Forten doesn't have an alias, then finding him will be infinitely easier. I doubt there are many 'Fortens' in Sacramento, regardless of how low he keeps his profile." He feels a bit of sympathy for Hazelton. He can only imagine how many threads she has to hold onto with everything going on just with this investigation. "I for one will do my best to keep you informed on what approach we take. And of course we'll all keep you in the loop with any interrogations, since you're running point on this."

He does pause briefly, mulling something over.
    "If you're worried about manpower, would you feel secure in having us give you on-site updates? Perhaps via burner phone? That way there should be no delays between our findings and your research. I'm sure our initial look over at Forten's club should give us an idea of what talents are needed."

Then she asks for assessment, and there again is that pulse of ambition in the pit of his stomach. She already has a beef with the Daeva. Give her a reason to shun him. No. We can't spread ourselves thin now. "Most of my prowess lies in observation and detection. I have specialized Auspex training for detecting supernatural phenomena as well as occult knowledge which could be useful. I do also have combat training from my history with the Lancea, though it's all muscle memory and weapon-skill as opposed to superhuman physicality." There. That's seems fairly humble without underselling.

Taking Priscus Hazelton's cue, Conner turns to the now seated Edward.
    "This 'Forten' was using a familiar: a beast or spirit bound to a master that can travel great distances and also grant sight to its master through its eyes. This means Forten has some magical abilities, though we don't know the full extent. Angela is a Kindred working for Forten, and as far as we know is only Kindred employed. Though the previous team confirmed that Angela was fostering a ghoul who was returning to the scenes of the abductions mentioned in the report." He gestures to the report now in Edward's hand. "Beyond that, we have addresses for a nightclub and a parking garage under Forten's name."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Well spoken, Mr. Wells. Although I am unsure that the cryptid grants sight to it's master. We know it can be called somehow to wherever Forten is and can sense weakened victims, somehow.
    The evening has grown old.

If you need more information after reading that report, Mr. Heinrich, I am sure Mr. Wells can fill you in.
    If you wish to join me at the Nox holding cells,
    I shall be going to where the Prisoner is held captive at the Nox to inquire on some of the questions raised tonight. I shall be there at 8:30 PM.

If you do not wish to accompany me there, I suggest you both go to one of these locales."
    Her finger gestures to the marked pins on the map. A gesture to Liam and he begins gathering the map, reports and all information.

12. Likes , liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

Edward Heinrich White BoxingUnicorn Conner Wells Do let me know here where your character is going and what they will do so I can set up the thread. Thread closed

14. Likes , liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread