Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(DG) To keep them from digging.

Jul 13, 2022 : (DG) To do some digging.
(DG) To do some digging.
Jul 13, 2022 - Sep 24, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Bodies have gone missing over the last few months. It started out pretty unremarkable, but the cases increased lately. It apparently wasn't enough to involve Sleeper authorities (or the ones responsible made sure to grease the right palms), but for those looking out for potentially dangerous things it started to become noticeable. Two locations have appeared repeadetly when one started to look into those cases: a local hospital downtown and a smaller morgue by a graveyard in the outer parts of Sacramento.

A small group of Mages got together to look into things - one of them went and looked for answers among the living, the other two tried their luck with the dead.

Zeromancer and Nevermore got together to stake out the graveyard in the middle of the night. It was located in an area just bordering on an industrial zone and had accordingly few (i.e. none) people around at this time. The graveyard lot was relatively small and was surrounded by an unceremonious red brick wall. At the entrance (which was locked) was also the building containing the morgue for bodies waiting for their burial.

So far things were pretty uneventful - but any good stake-out involved lots of waiting anyway.

Nevermore Zeromancer your plot starts here. You can use the time for now to talk strategy, cast spells or get active in some other way.
    Please include your active spells, stats, and equipment in each post.

Puck I'm holding up your part of the plot until you've got a bit more breathing room.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer arrived at the graveyard. He was not sure where to start looking and he hoped Nevermore would know more about the case they were going to be investigating. What he did know is he needed to be prepared so while waiting for his companion he started to cast some spells.

2 successes

2 successes

Spells
    Equipment

I accidentially rolled for the wrong spell, I chose from my dropdowns so I rerolled for the correct one.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Bump for Nevermore .

Social Chameleon
    Nevermore
    Nimbus

Nimbus:

Smoke rises from him and the area is filled with the faint scent of gunpowder.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 6
    Speed: 10

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 0/4
    Personal Spells: 0
    Tracker

Nevermore Scenes

PRE

Spells Cast for the scene, spending one mana on the forces shield

1 success

3 successes

Equipment Carried: enhanced rifle broken into parts in case, inside car.

The libertine strolled up quietly, making sure to cough politely to let know Zero know he was coming. Mages were tricky folks are surprising them was never the best of ideas to startle them.

"Oi mate," he said quietly, nodding. "Name's Nev. Yer Zeromancer, eh?"

Nevermore's introduction broke the silence hanging over the lot. Pleasantries aside, they could hammer out a plan or get an overview of the area. If the rumors were correct they could strike lucky and catch whomever is responsible for the disappearing bodies red-handed.

And they most likely wouldn't like that very much.

Feel free to give me perception rolls, stealth rolls if you want to hide or anything else that you might want to attempt.

Nevermore please use the Expenditure Icons to spend the Mana you're talking about. If you're casting the spell as a rote you don't have to spend the Mana, but there is still symbol for that.
    Please include your stats and equipment in every post as shown in the linked post.
    Please include the action and the pool you're using in the appropriate line of the dice roller.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer looked towards the cough and saw the man he thought must be Nevermore, and was proven correct when he introduced himself. "Yeah I am him, but you can call me Zero. How should we approach this. While I was waiting I was thinking we could stake out the grounds. Where there might not be much evidence inside my background also makes me aware that people get sloppy at the end when they think they are in the clear."

He was not wrong, most criminals he went over in his podcast were usually caught because they left something that connected them to their crimes. Whether it were something small like a cigarette butt or something bigger like DNA. There was always something that was left behind. Especially in areas that they have hit many times due to it becoming known to them.

Spells
    Equipment

Shortly after arriving, Nevermore got a call on his phone. After taking it he excused himself and left.

Nevermore's player just informed me that he wanted to retire the character. Zeromancer should we put a pin in this for now?

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lets go ahead and pin it for now. I will send you a message on discord about something else I would like to do.

As it is the harsh reality of stake-outs sometimes, this night had proven to be less than successful.
    With Nevermore leaving Zeromancer waited for a while longer before calling it quits.

Which didn't mean he won't try again.

Closed Thread