(Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Agreed. Don't get me wrong though, working toward being acknowledged as anything more than a body guard was difficult; I was just a farmer's boy who'd done well as a boxer at the time of my Embrace. After being accepted as a member of the First Estate is when everything started being handed to me." His past wasn't something he was exactly proud of, plenty of demons from before his embrace still haunted his torpid dreams; though, the years had made it easier to talk about. "That's one thing I'll give myself; I haven't made the exact same mistake more than once." He let the rest of his thoughts on the matter rest.

"I think one of Armstrong's more popular songs is 'What a Wonderful World,' mostly because it's been used in television and movies with some frequency." He shrugged, not everyone was into the Jazz scene, and that was perfectly fine. "I couldn't speak on Classical music the way you do, but everything you're saying seems to make sense. I do have a great deal of respect for Beethoven as well." There was a slight pause as Connor thought about the Prince's question. "I particularly enjoy Lacrimosa. Both haunting and beautiful; I keep coming back to it in times of quiet introspection."

"Wonderful, Your Grace. I'll be sure that I can make it work at a moment's notice if need be." Then his face shows some degree of thought on the state of his business. "It's doing well. I'm thinking of expanding a bit, making some more room for other patrons and possibly a larger stage. Perhaps I could entice you to visit some time, Your Grace?"
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

“It may have been difficult, but it sounds like it was worth it. And like you grew from it.” And in reality, what more could they ask for? “It’s been the opposite for me, things stopped being handed to me when I was Embraced.” What she had was fought for and earned. A small smirk, “Then you’re one who learns from his mistakes, that’s a good thing. Not many can claim that.” She’d come across quite a few of them.

Nodding, “Ok, I’ve heard that now that you mention it, but I wasn’t completely sure on the name.” but he was right, seemed that song was everywhere, “There is something unique about his voice and the way he sings each word.” Not unique in a bad way, certainly not. Just not something she would go out of her way for.

Laughing, “I’m glad it makes sense, if it didn’t, then I spent years being trained in classical music for nothing. Ah,” a nod, “Lacrimosa is a powerful song, especially with the right conductor. Verdi wrote a Requiem as well, though Mozart’s is still preferred through the years.” But Verdi was Italian. “I find myself drawn to Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata. I draw inspiration for music from it.” But she was no composer, she simply enjoyed the quiet time thinking of music.

“Expanding? Already?” hadn’t it just opened? He was either foolish or very ambitious. From what she’s overheard and been told, it would be ambitious. But time would truly tell. “I’m not one easy to entice Mr Obrien, but visiting your establishment is on my list. My nights are quite busy, and once I think I have a free moment, someone is doing something stupid or there is a fire to put out somewhere.” Those nights when it was quiet, she relished them. And spent them in various ways. "Give it time, I'm sure I'll wander in one of these nights."
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"It was worth it." He said, ending the talk of his past.

"I agree, it isn't something I listen to now, but he was who got me into the genre. Lately I've found myself gravitating toward more modern artists."
    In fact, that's exactly what the music in his business was centered on; putting a jazzy spin on modern pieces.

He nodded, he would have to look into Verdi's Requiem. However, Moonlight Sonata was a piece he was quite familiar with. "Moonlight Sonata is a wonderful piece. The slight use of written dissonance occasionally keeps you on your toes just enough to keep your attention on the music, but the piece itself overall is relaxing in its own way."

"Ah, yes. Opening night itself made me aware that the main bar is simply too small, and if I have any plans to host for the First Estate one day, I'll need to make some more room in the VIP lounge. Overall, I feel expanding the building itself will be more beneficial than not."
    He nodded with a smile at the Prince's assurance that visiting his establishment was on her to-do list. "Thank you, Your Grace, you honor me with even the thought that you would grace Nuit with your presence."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“I’d love to hear some recommendations for more modern artists. I like to expand my own playlists with what others enjoy. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but it’s always interesting.” What did he consider modern?

Her head nods in agreement, “I’ve found it capable of soothing even the most troubled mind.” Usually, her own. “Always found it intriguing how music is able to do that, and it’s different for everyone. Sometimes I find myself wondering about the science behind it, like is it the sounds or the way they are chained together?” she mused out-loud.

Chuckling, “I don’t think one can have a bar that is too large.” Humor in her voice, “After all, if you look at some of the successful restaurants and bars, the bar is usually the focal point.” She knew the bar in her restaurant was going to be magnificent.

Almost ready.

“Expanding the building is a wise decision. It gives the business room to grow, and allows you to tailor it to feedback from customers. I always found it fascinating to listen to the feedback from others about various things. Someone might see something you don’t.” same applied to Kindred. “It would be poor form of me not to visit. You’re a Kindred of Quality, as such, making sure your endeavors are successful is valuable.” The Invictus wouldn’t look good if one of their members had a failing business. “Is that a goal you have, to host events for the First Estate?”

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Hmmmm... With Classical as your go to, you might enjoy Smooth Jazz a bit more. Kenny G, maybe? He knows his way around a saxophone." Truly modern Jazz artists were rare, and he could really only name a handful from the last decade who weren't just locals at Jazz clubs.

"That's an interesting thought. I couldn't even begin to understand it myself, though I'm sure there must be some sort of science; I've heard of studies showing that plant life can distinguish between different genres of music and react differently to them."
    Granted, that could just as easily be pseudo-science that he'd heard through the grapevine, but who knows?

"Oh, of course not, Your Grace." He responded with his own chuckle of amusement. "Besides, people enjoy a good 'theme bar', it's one of the reasons pop-ups do so well." And his bar had a theme like no other, at least in his mind.

"My thoughts exactly. I would rather expand early and have more room to play around with than have to close down for renovations once I have dedicated regulars. Then, like you said, I'll have the extra room to make changes once the regulars start speaking up."
    Duty to the First Estate is all that would bring her? Well, perhaps he could make it an enjoyable duty at least. "One of many. I used to assist my sire in hosting events for the First Estate back in New York. I enjoyed all the planning involved; it made the events even better knowing that I had a hand in them."
    The Vanishing:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“That’s a name I’m familiar with, though I haven’t paid it much attention. Perhaps I should take a listen.” She was willing to do that.

A slight smirk, “I’ve never been a scientific type person, but it seems there is something to it. And plants? Huh.” Not something she remembered hearing, but that wasn’t surprising. “Perhaps something worth looking into at some point. Learning how thing work can be very engaging.” Well, on certain things.

“This is true,” she begins, “so long as it’s a theme that keeps attention. I’m guilty of enjoying them as well, but if the bar isn’t willing to make changes here and there, it can grow stale.” Just something to keep in mind.

What he might not realize is Ale was duty first. Protect and invest in those of the First Estate. “Did you?” something she couldn’t understand, “As someone who joined the Invictus later, I never had the pleasure.” Was it pleasure? She wasn’t sure, some sure made it sound like they enjoyed it. “But planning something has never been on my list of talents. It was something I never picked up from my mother, hosting and throwing lavish parties.” A chuckle and shake of her head, “More of a tell me the time and dress code kind of girl.” Could she learn or try? Sure. But why do that when there were others to do it for her. “What did you enjoy about it? Just that you had a hand in planning them?”

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread