Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Trip to the Badlands

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman had to laugh at the mimed snapshots. “I try.” She was in rare form tonight, relaxed and just having fun. “Well, I hope to get some female attention! Otherwise, this dress would have been a waste!” well, kinda a waste. It got mens attention many times, but would it work on women? The night would tell!

At the side eye, there was a snicker as she sipped her own drink.

The question felt asked to Crystal, so she says nothing on that front. “Anything you liked or recommend?”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal put a glass of gin tonic in front of Apollo and raised his own to cheer. "See Madison? Cool guys can stomach their bitters." But fuck it, she seemed in a great mood today so maybe he could try too. "I'm from San Francisco so I haven't gotten around too much. Is New York as great as every New Yorker claims it is?"

He raised an eyebrow at Aurora's question. "Hiking, huh? You just never cease to amaze." Should he be stepping out of his comfort zone more often?

Eh.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo grinned "The Big Apple is like no other city on earth. It's hard to understand until you have lived there. But San Fran, that's a totally cool place. It was one of the places on my list of options when I was looking at moving. But then Broccoli on Pizza just put me off." He raised his glass and gave Crystals as polite Clink.

"And Madison, in that dress I think its easier to take a guess and what women are NOT going to give you at least some of their attention."

"In all honesty its one of the things I do to clear my head. Nothing like a walk and getting into nature for a bit of self care. I love the gym, but the clink of weights is not exactly a relaxing prospect."

He paused for a second, looking between Crystal and Madison "I actually have an another motive for coming here." He paused "I was looking at business opportunities and was thinking about trying to buy the place.... time and finance pending of course." It wasn't his only secondary motive, and when it came to those options there were plenty to chose from. Still the club seemed so far to maybe be a worthwhile investment and if they didn't sell... well there were people who were good with mind he could ask for help.
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a snicker as she shakes her head.

She’d been through New York, but never lived there, so she was curious to what Apollo would say.
    A shrug, “I’ve been thinking of taking it up, might do me some good to get of my loft and into nature.” Get in touch with that side of her Arcana. Or something like that. “And who knows? I might actually enjoy it.” Probably not, but she was going to try.

Blinking, “Wait a second, broccoli on pizza?!” a look of disgust, “That’s just wrong.” Shaking her head.

Raising her glass, “Then here’s to me finding some female attention this evening.” Not that it was going to be hard. She’d already spied a few that caught her eyes and checked off a few boxes.

Nodding, “I’ve never been one for the gym either, I have a few pieces of equipment at my loft. But prefer the privacy of my own space.” gyms tended to be crowed and just did not smell right. “Alice tried to get me into meditating, but, eh.” It was hard to calm her mind.

Eyebrow arched as she listened. “Well, wasn’t expecting to hear that! But, it seems popular and like it could be a wise investment. I say go for it.” Sure, easy to tell others to go for it. “Has it been around for a while and the owner is just looking to move on?”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal shrugged and took a big sip. "I mean, I guess. But I grew tired of San Fran so now I'm here. Couldn't have been that cool, then." Aurora's reaction to local pizza tradition just went to prove his point. "See? She gets it. Some kindred spirits we are." Well, technically that'd also include Apollo. The guy seemed alright.

Walks in nature? Hard pass on that. "Ugh, no walking in nature is too close to meditating for my taste. I can't be trusted to be left alone with my thoughts!" There was a faked indignation in his voice in an attempt at humor. "I also prefer gyms. Although I'm not taking it as seriously as you're doing it." There were other things to do there, given the right people. "May I ask why you're toting those guns? Is it an aesthetic choice?"

Now there was a surprise: Apollo wanted to buy the place. Huh, the guy apparently not only packed in muscles, but also money. "Please just don't gentrify the place or make a basic straight bar out of it. They aren't exactly itching for places to party."

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo smiled at Aurora "The short answer is no, I may have to do some persuading. I am sure I can find a way." He took a sip of his drink and smiled at Crystal "Good Choice on the drink. As for the guns its a combination of Strength and Aesthetics and don't worry if I manage to do what I want to do it is not going to become a straight bar or some hipster joint. I need somewhere to party and somewhere to check out the hot guys. Plus, if I take that female attention away from our friend here she may add me to her hit list."
    Apollo

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She raises her glass to Crystal at the mention of kindred spirits. “Some things just should never be allowed on pizza.” Simple.

The Shaman had to laugh, “I usually feel the same way, but I want to give something new a try.” Shrug, plus, as a Shaman, wasn’t she like, supposed to like nature? Or something like that. “I’ll trade thoughts with you.” She teases with a laugh. “I mean, gyms are a nice play to meet people I suppose.” A bright side?

Nodding, “Yes, please keep it the way it is! Liking the feel of the place, has a good vibe.” Kinda laid back, kinda party.

“Then I wish you luck on that! Keep me in the loop on how it goes!” she sounded excited for him, and she was. Did he just make a joke at her?! She laughs again, “Pretty sure the same could be said for me stealing the attention of the guys.” A wink added. “And I try and keep the hit list to a maximum of three at a time, it’s more manageable that way.”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Mastigos held up the index finger of his free hand when Aurora suggested a decidedly more enjoyable way to do some reflection. "Aah, and that's an offer I'll always take. Trading thoughts with you usually involves loosening up one way or another, so cheers to that." The glass was quickly nearing empty.

Apollo's answer made Crystal relax a little bit. With some people you couldn't be completely sure until they spelled it out for you. "All right, that sounds like a decent motivation. You know what? You've just earned yourself another drink on me and a loyal customer-to-be."

The mention of Aurora's hit-list almost made him chuckle, but honestly? He wouldn't want to be on the Shaman's bad side. "Three people, huh? Wanna indulge us and tell us who those people currently are?" It was a far shot, but worth a try.

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo smiled which turned into a Grin at Crystals question to Aurora. He was interested to see if his small list would match up with hers. "What happens in The Badlands stays in The Badlands." His eyes focused on Aurora, waiting on her response.
    Apollo

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Just let me know when!” he was fun to drink with. Things weren’t weird and she could say whatever. Well, within reason, a girl needed her secrets.

A single nod, “Consider me a loyal customer if you plan comes to fruition.” The place had a relaxed vibe.

The Shaman frowns and shakes her head, “Afraid I cannot share that information. Doing so may put the list at risk, and I simply can’t have that. Plus, we’re out to have fun and drink and do whatever else comes up!” hit lists could be depressing, and she was not about that vibe tonight.

A sly smile to Apollo, “Then I say we drink up and have fun!” signaling to the bartender for a beer, whatever was on tap. She wouldn’t get too drunk too quick, so time to switch to beer.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread