Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(TRtH) The next Step

Mar 31, 2022 : The Road to Hell
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last

"Oh. O-okay." Maybe she didn't expect Apollo to agree so readily, but hi agreement seemed to catch Stephanie by surprise. Or maybe that was just because she was tired. She shook it off and smiled at the Shaman in a reassuring way. "Then you can stick around until everyone else has left. Which won't be too long, I think." She glanced out the window for a second - the rain has either stopped completely or has grown unnoticeably light. She turned her attention back to Apollo and gave him a small nod before going off and mingling with some other people.
    While looking around the room Apollo also noticed that the Spirit appeared to be more 'dormant' than before - it sunk down to to almost ground level and its eyes looked glazed over and as if they were lacking focus.

Katie gave Aurora a quick shrug when the Thyrsus claimed she wasn't a real celebrity. Obviously the opinions differed on that. But agreeing with the girl seemed to make her relax a bit.

All of those questions and doubts Aurora voiced about cutting corners apparently were the things on Katie's mind. Relief and suspicion conflicted visible on her face. "I know what you mean. The uh, nurse. Stephanie. She just asked me if I wanted to try something. I don't know, this seems sketch." A moment passed before she realized something. "So she hasn't asked you?" She looked around the room, looking for the nurse. "I don't know.. why me?"

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 0
    Defense: 2

Vulgar: 0
    Active Spells: 0/5
    Personal Spells: 0/3

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Copper Necklace with wooden pendant (Magical Tool)
    Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo Excused himself and made his way to the toilet. Taking a bit of time to ensure that he was alone. He concentrated for a short moment, keeping his voice down to a low whisper to infuse his spell with some words of power. He felt the spell fail to grab hold and frowned "Shit"

Giving it a few moments, ensuring he was still alone he concentrated again, this time the spell taking hold. He breathed a sigh of releif, flushed a random toilet, washed his hands and exited the bathroom.

rolls
    Apollo
    "I choose to live by choice, not by chance."
    Current Effects: See In Scene

3. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

So it was sketch to Katie as well?

“Maybe it feels sketch because we’ve been told all our lives that nothing is easy? Like, we need to work for shit, or something.” Or something.

Shaking her head, “Nope.” Which didn’t surprise her, Aurora hadn’t talked with her. “Um, maybe what you said and how you said it spoke to her. Like your struggle made her want to try and help as much as she could.” Shrugging. Sounded good in her head, but she was taking shots in the dark here. “You could ask her.” Cause, why not. “And where you asked me about it, I can go with you, offer support or something.” That was a thing. “And if it turns out to be bullshit, we’ll grab a coffee or something.”

Stats

Equipment

5. Likes Aeolus liked this post

There didn't seem to be anyone left in the building except for the NA meeting, so Apollo could make his way to the bathroom without any incidents. He took his time to gather his thoughts and will a protective Spell into existence, prepared for whatever might await him later.

While Aurora talked with Katie the room began to empty out until only the women and Peter (the homeless guy that seemed more or less out of it) were left. "I guess. But, like, why couldn't it be easy for once?" She clearly was tempted, conflicted about this. Not fully trusting the offer, but interested anyway.
    Her eyes basically lit up when the Shaman offered her support. "You-? Uh yeah, that'd be great. Uh, thank you." Hesitantly she made her way over to Stephanie, who had been watching those left with a thinly veiled hint of impatience. "Uhm, so I have thought about your suggestion. What do I need to do?" After an initial moment of surprise the nurse looked at Aurora, frowned slightly and focused Katie again. "Well I really meant to keep this private, Katie." Back to Aurora. "I'm sorry, but I really don't know anything about you. There is an extended support system we sometimes tell people about, but I can't just have anyone do this. You understand, right?" So it seems like the Thyrsus would have to convince Stephanie about the urgency of her request. Or find another way to persuade her to spill out more information.

Apollo returned to the meeting room while Aurora was talking. This meant that more or less everybody in the room was distracted in some way: Katie and Stephanie were in conversation and Peter was slumped on a chair and staring into space. An opportunity to check out the spirit more closely, perhaps?

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

Nimbus: Plants seem to take a deep breath in around him (No physical signs just a feeling)
    (Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, bus ticket, $50 cash), keys, pen, small notebook, bottle of water, 3 X Protein Bars, 2 x Chocolate Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Backpack,

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Equipment: Smartphone, Wallet (Debit card, credit card, $50 cash), keys, pen, notebook, bottle of water, 2 X Protein Bars, 1 X Can of Coke, Large Army Backpack (LAB),

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apollo grabbed a coffee on his way back in and decided to stand out of the way next to the Spirit he lowered his voice. "Hello, whats your name?" It was a good starting point.
    Apollo

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman just shrugs, she didn’t have an answer.

Sipping whatever they were passing off as coffee, Aurora follows.

The frown was met with a smile, cause, why not.

“You know I’m here, trying to seek help for a problem. You know that I’m a bit uncomfortable sharing what that problem is with strangers. What do you need to know to be able to offer this help to me? I can’t offer you my blood type, I have no friggin clue. I can offer to bring you guys some decent coffee.” Or beer, but that might not be good.

“Cause I gotta be honest, it seems a bit unfair to have it out there that there is something you can offer to help us, but are, uh,” good word…good word, “selective in who you deem worthy? Seems kinda like a shitty thing to do if you ask me.” Where did the days of Aurora playing nice go? She couldn’t remember. But this seemed…nice…ish. “What makes me unworthy of this help?”

Wasn't sure if you wanted rolls, but just let me know and I will make them happen

Stats

Equipment

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Aurora please give me a (Presence + Persuasion) roll. Striking Looks does not apply for this.
    Apollo if you want to hide what you're doing or act otherwise casually, please give me a (Dexterity + Stealth + 1) or a similar roll, depending on what you'd like to try.

No bells or whistles needed for either roll.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eh.
    1 success

Apollo
    Striking Looks
    (Yes, they are muscles)
    Apollo

(Wi) Paying Respects

Wi Paying Respects

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

No Active Spells

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Punching D
    (Matriarch) I spy

(Matriarch) I Spy

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Spirit Tongue

Tactical Knife (2L)
    Long Sword (3L - LAB)

+1
    SL
    PRE

2 successes
    Apollo

failure

Not only did Apollo manage to act casual, the other people in the room were pretty distracted. The Thyrsus could be pretty sure that nobody was giving him any special attention while he lowly spoke in the Spirit Tongue. The spirit rolled his simian eyes up in its head to look at Apollo in a way that could be taken as lazy satisfaction. Then again you probably couldn't be sure with spirits.
    When it spoke, it sounded like several dozen voices were talking at the same time, the numbers and cadences changing while it went on. As before, a steady stream of pills was vomited out of its mouth and pooled on the ground below it before disappearing. "HelloHi, I'm AngelFrankMonicaReliefStruggle." It floated a bit higher, more slowly than it moved before. Once it got up to a few inches above the ground, it looked the Shaman up and down. Apollo could feel his Unseen Sense act out.

1 success

After a few seconds it bared the teeth behind the guzzle, yet to Apollo it didn't look like a sign of aggression. "There's nothing wrong with you. WhyWhyWhy did you lie?"

Stephanie regarded Aurora with tired eyes, thinking. She didn't seem hurt or offended by the Shaman's judgement, barely even reacted to her reasoning. But something else apparently went on in her head. She looked from the Awakened to Katie, who seemed to shrink a bit under the gaze. "I don't know.." Barely louder than a mutter under her breath.
    "I think we can come to an agreement. If Katie agrees to join us in the procedure I think I can make an exception here." It took a moment for the girl to realize what just happened. "Uhm.." Now Katie was looking at Aurora, anxiety clearly written all over her face. Yet the Thyrsus had the strong feeling that this girl just put her fate, this decision in the hand of her idol.
    Heavy is the crown..

Page 4 of 10 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... Last
Closed Thread