Circe was in a darkened room, looking through boxes as she was on her telephone. The sway of the room indicates what Circe already knows about the cargo barge she is currently on.

And the telephone call doesn't help.

"Look, I am telling ya that it isn't going ta be found. I can't get it, not in that time frame."

She kicks a box. It doesn't want to open. Circe digs out her multitool whilst shouldering the phone to her ear.

"Because there is really high demand in the big leagues right now," okay that was one corner, and Circe scowls at the commentary. "Do ya read the news? There's a war on."

Another side, "Which is why I don't have them or there ammo anymore. Pretty sure that it was a spook that bought them."

The speaker gets really loud, "Ow, asshole! How should I know? CIA, NSA, Army, we don't ask when that much money comes in."

The phone quiets down as she gets the other two corners. Then more whining to make Circe sigh. "Look, the bigger stuff is all going ta the war. When the big boys start buying, ya sell because they got coin and can tell the other feds ta screw off. And I can't get ya ammo fer that caliber anyway."

Circe kicks the box lid again. It takes a few kicks but the container opens. "Because the war, again. Lots of guns use that, so they're buying it in bulk."

The Larcenist rolls her red and black eyes as she starts removing pistols hidden inside the crate to stuff into her laptop bag. "Look, big guns are gonna be rare if they ain't old or lacking in bullets. I CAN find ya a bar or a Louie, but ammo fer them is tight."

Circe smiles at something that is said, "True. But my awesome isn't cheap. Plus, I'd hafta get a lot of casings or a casing mold fer either of those ta get even a full clip fer ya ta use. What? Yes, the Lewis is a machinegun. I think they used it in Star Wars as props. And, and, shut it!"

Circe finished packing up the pistols and re-secured the crate, "Look, I'm saying I don't have the parts ta make those size bullets, period! Ya provide the casings and extra pay before I'd consider trying ta hunt down World War Two surplus machineguns. Why don't ya just try fer semi, shotties, or pistols. Those we can get ya plenty. Just, think then call back."

Even in her business, supply chains were messed up. For the buyers. The gun runners were making bank.