(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Apparently they just took turns shrugging their shoulders. "It's probably not about those who want the help, but those they need help with. Or against. Fuck, I don't know."

He got himself a refill, offering her the same. When he took a sip he looked at her over his glass. "But you've stayed. That's worth a lot, I guess." Were he a bit more into that feeling shit he'd add something like 'I hope you realize that this thing we're doing is not one-sided at all'.. but he knew better than to jinx it. And he wasn't really into those grand confessions and he figured Aurora wasn't either. "You think people don't feel connected because there are no existential threats around?" Maybe that was a bit tactless, with everything that has happened to people she cared about. Eh, blame it on the wine.

"You're right. Plus, we need to see whether he'll actually stick around." But she was right - even though they had plenty of wine they didn't have to talk about just depressing shit. "All right, change of topics then: you pick."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hint of a smirk as she chuckled, “I don’t think anyone knows. One of those great mysteries of the world. I tried putting myself out there to help others, turned into a waste of time and left me pretty jaded about the whole thing.” And she just didn’t have it in her anymore. Maybe that was why she didn't accept help from others.

Nodding for the refill, she waits until the glass is refilled before taking a careful sip. There was a heavy sigh, “Honestly, I don’t know why. I’ve left and have always come back, and there are days when I have to wonder why. Nothing seems to change, and it’s quite exhausting, well, mentally.” She figured he would understand. Taking a moment she thought about what he asked, “You know, I’m not sure. The last threat I faced with Phoenyx and others really brought Phoenyx and I closer. Maybe there are those here who don’t understand what it is like to fight and bleed beside another. To use your magic to protect those around you from a common enemy. People become so focused on themselves and what they need, they forget they’re not the only ones in the world. Fighting beside someone forces hard decisions, really makes you realize what is important you know?” not that she wished for anyone to be put in that position, but it does change you.

A quick nod, “That’s an important factor too.” With how often people came and went, you never knew.

“Oh, I wasn’t counting on you tossing the topic to me.” Laughing, “Any exciting plans for summer? I know there is usually always something going on downtown. Some type of food or drink festival, or just a block party.”

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal chuckled right along with Aurora. "Remember when I met you and said we're pretty alike? I wish it would have stopped at being drop-dead gorgeous, but apparently we're similarly over it." Logic said that that was not something to brag about, but he took the wins he could get. "But seriously: I appreciate you." It just went to show how healthy a relationship between a man and a woman could be if sex was out of the equation. At least in his opinion.

He nodded along when she answered him. "It's bullshit, isn't it? That it takes a tragedy for people to appreciate the things they've got? I can't for the life of me imagine why people aren't generally working together on everybody being decently comfortable." Of course that was privilege speaking. Crystal had the luxury of not worrying about existential shit too much. He leaned back on his big couch and pouted.

Fortunately Aurora changed the topic. And the Shaman knew her shit when it came to parties. "Yeah I was looking into a few house parties. There's this collective that has made it their thing to set up a rave in less than a day, using solar energy powered equipment and eco friendly shit funded by donations. They appear at the most unusual locations and I heard those are always quite the rager, so I wanted to check one out myself. How about you? Got your eyes on anything interesting?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Drop-dead gorgeous huh? Maybe for you.” She never placed much into her looks. Though it did help work a crowd. “I tried helping as a Ladder, and I tried helping as what I am now.” She even tried as an Acanthus. A smile offered, “Thanks, that means a lot. I appreciate you as well, always look forward to our talks.” He had a way of being honest without being a jerk. And that was an art form.

Her nod was shallower, with sadness mixed in, “It is bullshit. Personally, where we all have a common enemy, one would think we would be able to work better together. But pride and ego always get in the way, one thinking their view is the better and not willing to listen or give a little. Quite sad actually.” But what could you do?

An eyebrow quirked, “House parties? Now there’s a party I haven’t been to in years! Didn’t know they still had those. Raves are always a blast, but again, been years.” And she had to laugh, it being years was making her sound and feel like an old lady! “What the hell happened to me?!” she asks, still laughing. “If you need someone to hit those parties with, let me know, I’d love to get back into that scene.” It had been freeing, just letting go. “Me?” a shake of the head, “Nah, not really. I’ve been going out more on the weekends to different clubs, just to get out of my loft. Only interesting thing I guess aside from Mastering Spirit, is the ongoing debate about opening a business.” But with how on the fence she was, she wasn’t sure it would happen.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug and an eyeroll - if Aurora wanted to be humble about it she was free to do so.
    At least they agreed on how well they vibed with each other. Crystal raised his glass to that.

"Well, what can you do? In my experience humans are assholes. Give those assholes reality-altering powers and I'm not that surprised about how things turn out." Maybe it really was best to just keep your head low - keep a low profile and try to live a decently happy life. Some Councilor he was.

He heard what he said and burst out laughing. "Fuck, I meant house the music style. It's been a hot minute since I've been at a proper private party at someone's house - it always felt too much like a teen movie to do that. But don't be too hard on yourself: it's easy to lose the stamina and tolerance for those kind of events. Hell, as I grow older the hangovers get more and more severe so I can relate." In a stubborn act of old-man-defiance he took a big sip and grinned at her. They were in their thirties, so the whole topic was kinda ridiculous. "But if you're up for it I'll shoot you a text next time I'm going."
    Then Aurora mentions a Mastery as if it were nothing. "Are you serious? Just like that," he snapped his fingers, "you've mastered Spirit? Congratulations! Fuck, aren't you a second degree now?" And he thought he was not taking all of this too serious. With the surprise of the sidebar just about dealt with he remembered the business idea Aurora carried around for a while. "Your brewery? I still say go for it. Even if it doesn't work out or when you're leaving town you can sell it again. And I'm sure you could survive not affording to eat or pay rent for a while." Was it wise to suggest cheating at life like this? No! Was it still a viable emergency plan? Hell yes.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I can’t really argue with that. People are assholes, it’s just one of those facts of life.” You either accepted it and learned to live with it, or you were miserable. “I just plan to keep myself and those I care about alive, pretty much all I can do. And go out on weekends.” A quick nod, “That is important.” Yup.

The Shaman blinks a few times, then laughs, “Ah, well, house parties are fun too.” But less common. An eyebrow raises, “Oh, stamina and tolerance were never the problem, I just tried to reinvent myself and become someone I just wasn’t supposed to be. But I hear you on hangovers, but I can also cheat that.” So she kinda understood. “I’ll look forward to it.” Raising her glass.

A slight shrug, “Yeah, kinda. I mean, it took time and studying.” But it really wasn’t a big thing to her. It was what they all worked to achieve. “And I guess that does make me a second degree. Now the real important thing is seeing how I can use it to help the Consilium.” She had to push herself to help more, put her skills and years of studies to the test. Defend the city she called home. “The only thing making me hesitate is it’s like a way to tie me to the city. I’ve always lived with one foot outside this place, a way to make a quick escape if I needed to.” Thinking about what he said, “You do make a good point though, I could always sell if I felt the open road calling.” Chuckling, “Rent’s never been an issue, I still make money off videos of old performances and magazine covers here and there.” The Shaman got what he meant though. She was a Life Master, she could survive without the luxury of an apartment. Not that she would want to, cause, yeah, nature is not her.

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Protecting the pack and partying - now Crystal could relate to that. Mostly. He toasted the noble Shaman again and emptied it. "So, are you ready for your wine to shine?" He filled his glass with what was left of the old bottle, then got up with a flourish that could have been intentional or could have been to catch a wobble.

He returned with Aurora's gift and an opener, but just left both at the table. He didn't want to pressure her or anything. "You know, failing to reinvent yourself could have brought you some insight you might not otherwise have. It's not always a strictly bad thing to try something." Look at the blind teaching about colors! "Soo... any notable things you could take away from that phase?"

Crystal whistled through his teeth and leaned over to knock on the table in an academic round of applause. She was a second degree master while he.. what? Hasn't really worked on anything in that regard lately. He just couldn't see for what.
    "I just want you to know that we're steering dangerously close to depressing shit territory again if we're talking about you maybe leaving at any given point, but one question: why are you so afraid of committing?" Slowly a shit eating grin spread on his face. He might have gone overboard, but in his tipsy mind this were the kind of verbal duels Aurora liked about their get-togethers. He could be dead wrong, of course, but since when has being wrong stopped a tipsy person?

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Finishing off her own glass, she raised it, “Lets see if I got the right bottle.” Cause she could have totally screwed up the name and got something else.

She thinks on his words for a few moments. And his question. It was a good one, and she wasn’t completely sure how to answer it. “I don’t think so. But I did stop trying to be friends with everyone, well, that was kinda after. So maybe that life is short and if you want something, you need to go after it, consequences be damned.” Not that she was actually doing that. But it sounded good. “How about you? Any phases in your life that lead to big life changes?” sometimes she had the words, sometimes she didn’t.

Laughing, “Isn’t that how our talks usually go?” trying to make a joke out of it. “We have to wear certain masks around everyone else, but here, we can be honest.” Least that’s how it felt to her. A heavy sigh and shrug, “Commitment has never been a thing in my life. Even as a kid, we were never tied down to a place, always moving. So maybe in a way, I don’t understand commitment and maybe it scares me.” She could be honest, especially when you added some wine to the mix. “Commitment means giving up a part of yourself, and I’ve never been able to do that.”

9. Likes , liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Crystal scoffed at Aurora's 'carpe diem' sentiment it wasn't entirely clear whether he was playing it up like some of his exaggerated reactions or whether it was genuinely bitter. "Ugh, I don't even know. It sometimes feels like I've wasted most of my life by being privileged and capable enough to not really try ever. And now I'm just distracting myself with whatever for a lack of direction." He paused for a second, then grinned widely. "Which by the way is the reason why this guy dumped me. Like, the one guy I seriously considered settling for - after a few dates. So yeah." But this sucked - there were depressing topics and there were outright pathetic ones and they were skirting uncomfortably close to the latter ones. "But he liked overly sweet drinks exclusively anyway, so good riddance."

She hit the nail on the head though. "You're right, it really feels like i can be a more genuine version of myself. But all this reflecting should have me work to improve and I'm not really here for that at the moment." Hence the welcome distraction brought by the wine. And the even more welcome chance to forget all of that by the next hungover day. "But," and he raised a finger in an exaggerated fashion of a teacher, "I don't think that committing means losing a part of yourself. I mean, for what it's worth the definition of a thing worth committing for is that you don't have to compromise yourself too much. And somehow you can't have your cake and eat it too - you have to trust a little to get something in return." He just continued their streak of dishing out advice they needed to follow themselves, but hey: maybe at some point some of that advice will stick.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Do you think not trying has hindered you in some way?” she asks, curious. “Nothing wrong with being privileged, it has given you many opportunities that others cannot have. But it’s what you do with that chance, that privilege that really matters.” The whole advice thing was not really her thing, but she wanted to see her friend happy and succeeding. “Do you want a sense of direction? Or are you happy with the way things are?” she suspected the answer. A frown, “Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe there is something to be gained from the experience?” laughing, “Hey, nothing wrong with sweet drinks.” She enjoyed them, as did Phoenyx.

Listening as she looked at the wine, she absently nods, “Trust leads to someone hurting or letting you down. Opening yourself up to that kind of pain just doesn’t seem all that appealing to me. Hence keeping people at arm’s length.” Shrugging, “Not wanting to be tied down isn’t always a bad thing. Look at the world we live in, between Seer’s and Banishers, we are always in danger. Being in a relationship complicates that and mess up priorities.” Yet another depressing topic.

“We need a relaxing day out. Like maybe to the water park or something.”

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread