Watch

Save the Heir [Warning: Sensitive topic]

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Was she wrong? No. Not at all. Did he care at the time? Not really. He didn't mind being on the wrong side of this one. And perhaps that's why he was not a Life Master but she was.

Then she said something that resonated. There could be evil mages there. That was the reason he didn't have rituals on like many of his peers as he couldn't cloak them. The risk of a paradox. The risk of other mages or other things taking notice. It was a hospital. Many supernaturals would be drawn there. She was right. He didn't like it but he couldn't fault her decision to let his child die. But he really didn't like it. He didn't want to be rational at this time. He didn't want to be wise. He wanted his son. And it wasn't happening.

Corn gave a sigh, defeated. "You are right." He slowly raised and picked a gym bag. "I need to get some things for my wife and I need to call my relatives and then head to the hospital. I want to be there when... you know. " He was drained and felt weak. His stomach was in knots. And he hasn't seen his child, nor held him, nor played with him. How much worse, how many times worse was it for parents that lost their born and raised kids?
    "I wish there was a way." Then he remembered that Aurora was in his house for the first time. "Sorry, I forgot to ask. Do you want some water? We may have something in the fridge to eat if I pulled you out with an empty stomach. I doubt I will eat any time soon. " He couldn't play host nor he would try. Offering her what's in the fridge was the best he could do under the circumstances.

Very well written, Orianna.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A hand reached out for his, gently squeezing it, “I don’t want to be right.” And she didn’t. This was not an easy situation, there was no winner, everyone lost. “And I don’t have the right things to say to make it easier or to take away you and your wife’s pain.” Though she wish she did. But this suffering had been brought upon them for a reason. And someday, it would make itself clear.

There was a way, it just meant taking a giant risk and putting Sacramento’s Awakened in danger. She was sure he could find another Life Master to do what he asked, but at what cost to him?

Shaking her head, “No thanks. Get back to your wife, she needs you.” It was more important. “Look, I’m not the most in tune with emotions and all that, but I’m sorry you have to go through this. Focus on your wife and being there for each other.”

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"We will survive." Corn said trying to put on a brave face. "I may be ... not completely focused in the following days. "
    He understood her reasons to deny him. But it would be hard facing Aurora in the coming weeks even if her decision was Wise. His eyes fell on the couch, where the brochure with merchandise for baby care was still laid on from this morning. He ground his teeth.
    "I can't stay composed and calm for much longer and I would prefer if I was alone when emotions overtake me. This is a difficult time. I appreciate your honesty and your quick response. We are all lucky to have you. "
    Except my son. That was unfair to Aurora. He was trying to convince himself to care that this line of thought was honestly unfair to Aurora. Principles are not something you just turn on or off. It was her power thus her choice. It was not her kid and even resentful as he was towards Aurora at this moment, he really really hoped his friend and colleague would never experience something like this.

Very well played scene, I enjoyed it a lot. Are you OK to close it? Or Aurora has more to say.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Would they? It would be a strain to their marriage, a trial.

“If there is anything I can do for you or Maria, please call me. Take your time and focus not only on yourself, but her as well. Communicate, don’t shut her out.” You heard about it all the time, couple divorce because they didn’t grieve together.

The nod she gave was solemn, “I can see myself out.” Her voice gentle, “I’m just a call away.” She didn’t expect him to reach out, this was a time for him and his wife to be together. But sometimes it was nice knowing you had a friend you could talk to.

Good to close! Thank you for the challenging scene!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread