Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

042022 Ventrue Meeting Lady L

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

His pride made him want to view Jacque as an enemy, some part of him mused. Especially after the... strict and specific nature of the correction at their first meeting, and yet this... this was a note in his favor. Even if such unity was lip service, the appearance of such would often facilitate the fact of such.

The soldier shook his head. "I have no desire on the position, and yourself and Whip Northbridge have my full support. My interests in preserving the domain... and my skills... lay elsewhere."

2. Bump "Bump" this post

William Walker
    Striking Looks
    (Stunning)
    William Walker

English Accent

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +2
    SL
    PRE

"A pleasure to meet you Whip Northbridge. My last permanent domain was Lancaster in England"

William smiled apologetically at Jacque "My apologies Priscus Jacque. It seems I got excited at the prospect of meeting you all. I will remember for future reference" Truth be told he hated wasting precious vitae unless necessary. Internally he cursed, activating blush.

He listened to Jacque, remaining quiet. He had just arrived in the city, he did not know the lay of the land and therefore did not decide to challenge him. However he wondered if either of the others would. Quatermain was Invictus and potentially hungry for power... maybe he would try his luck.

Blush
    William Walker
    Active Powers: None

4. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded to the stunning fellow as life began to show in his features, "At least Lords can clean up after themselves. It is still better to not make a mess at all."

His eyes traced to Robert as he pledged his full support, then to Milton and William as they said nothing else.

With a shift of his body he picked up his glass and rose to his feet, "Then let our meeting begin. Follow me, gentlemen."

Jacque walked down the steps around to the promenade deck and into a door to a half lounge, half meeting table room. There was a mini bar off to the side and a stocked fridge with various refreshments. There was a taller chair at the head of the table with a purple and gold sash draped across the arms and cushion. In front of the head chair there was a single marble chess piece- the king standing upright on a doily. He lifted the sash and placed it over the back of the chair. After sitting he gestured for the rest to choose their seats as well.

"In the future, your opportunity to challenge can be done during my call for new business. To do so, you simply need to tip over the piece. New arrivals will be informed after their first meeting to keep discussions fluid." The Lord leaned back in his chair. "For the general order of things, my expectations are for us to take whatever opportunity we might be available to serve the Domain. Putting our skills to good use is the most straightforward way to gain reputation and open the door for opportunities for yourselves. As Seneschal, I have an elevated insight to how engaged each of you are with official business and how you contribute."

The Lord gently flicked his wrist in the air, "Through those actions will be how you earn the right of Tenancy. Aside from that, I only have two rules:"

One finger rose on display, "The business of the clan of Kings is our own and not to be discussed or displayed to outsiders and" A second finger to join the first, "Nobody is to agree to teach our clan discipline to outsiders without my approval."

Blood Hunt:

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton inclines his head in acknowledgement of William's introduction. "Likewise, Mr. Walker. Welcome to our fair city." His voice is soft, even.

His attention turns to Jacque, taking in his introduction to the evening. The history provided is familiar to Milton at this point, but he attends nonetheless. Obviously, he does not speak up when Jacque opens the floor to any challenges of his leadership. His advancement in this domain has tied him inexorably to Jacque's own position. He would not disturb their arrangement unless circumstances made such an action unavoidable.

A nod of his head shows he has understood the Priscus, and that he accepts his position. What more needs to be said?

At Jacque's invitation, he enters the meeting room proper. Keen eyes sweep the space. Well-appointed, of course. No surprises there.

Once the Priscus has settled himself, Milton assumes the seat at his right hand. Looks from Jacque to his fellow Lords.

"I concur with these tenets." Obviously. "Information is power. Whether that information bears on our internal...deliberations. Or our family's talents. Non-disclosure is essential to maintaining, and expanding, the Family's position within the domain."
    Last edited by Youngblood; May 20th, 2022 at 08:26 AM.
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

7. Likes liked this post

William Walker
    Striking Looks
    (Stunning)
    William Walker

English Accent

+2
    SL
    PRE

William listened to Jacque, and then Milton. He had placed Jacque and the soldier in the Invictus. Milton, well he was a bit harder to place. Possibly Invictus but also possibly Lancea. Either way there was a slightly heavier Invictus tilt within the clan. "Both wise and logical rules." he nodded in agreement with them. "I am either being bold by proposing a third rule or mostly likely I am jumping the gun as they would say." he paused for a moment.

"May I propose that Covenant politics play no part in clan business?"
    William Walker

9. Likes liked this post
    Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

What history behind those rules, he mused, taking one of the offered seats and considering the rules offered by Jacque. It provided the clan a decided leveraging factor, that much was clear – though as with everything in the city, there was likely some history behind those rules as well.

“That seems… perhaps a little unlikely, Mr. Walker,” he noted, albeit politely. “Given the other Lords and I share a covenant. May I ask if you have an interest in joining one?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord listened to the agreements across the table followed by William's proposal. His eyes traced to Quartermain as he weighed in his own opinion on the subject.

He returned his gaze to William, "Not bold, but also something I had considered more of an inherent understanding rather than a rule." A brief pause, "It seems it should be discussed."

"The purpose of these meetings is to support and advance the strength of the clan of Kings within Sacramento. I have no intention of leveraging my position as Priscus to extend the Invictus' influence over you or any other Lord." The Lord's wrist flipped, silently speaking an 'on the other hand', "Now, there may be times where involving ourselves in Covenant politics would be the right play for us, but I would find those opportunities to be far and few between. For that reason, I propose an expectation of neutral ground here with covenant politics being allowed for discussion in the proper context."

His eyes flicked back to Quartermain, "I have seen the ebb and flows of Sacramento for many years now. There was a time in my tenure where there were only two Invictus. Her Grace, the Prince has had Court members from many Covenants and has firmly stood by the belief that Sacramento is not an Invictus Domain through both her words and actions." A longer pause followed, the length of nearly 10 seconds. His eyes remained towards Robert, "If a Savage can accomplish this, what makes it so unlikely for a King?" There was no tone behind the question, simply laying out the facts of the city's history. Everyone at this table came from somewhere else, and with different experiences came different ideas of what was normal... what was possible.

Blood Hunt:

William Walker
    Striking Looks
    (Stunning)
    William Walker

English Accent

+2
    SL
    PRE

Williams smile dropped at Quartermain's response. His response had been polite but the content behind it was rather rude. Now I know you better William thought to himself. He would have answered, but Jacque had stepped in. At least Jacque was on the same page with this and Milton probably was as well. William waited for Jacque to finish and looked at Quartermain.

"Doctor" He paused for a moment "It's Doctor Walker." his words were cold, lacking emotion but somehow only guided towards Quartermain. Truth be told he did not care too much if kindred got his title incorrect, unless they annoyed him. "As for covenant I do have an interest in joining one. At this point which one is unknown. But, I got the impression that Priscus Jack wanted us to work together. I simply asked for that rule because I do not know which one I will join, I do not know if more of us will arrive in the city and they could be in different covenants and I wanted an environment that harbours collaboration and a free exchange of thoughts and ideas. Not one in which one of the policies, practices or goals of one covenant used our clan like pawns in their game. I would not disrespect any of you in that way, we achieve nothing if we try to manipulate each other and stab each other in the back." Part of it was a test and Quartermain had just failed. To make it worse it was confirmed, 3 members of the Invictus and then him. He wondered how long that swim to shore actually was.
    William Walker

Jennifer Hazelton

A call silently notifies on Whip Northbridge's phone. A look of concern touches his face as he sees who the caller is. The Ventrue makes his apologies and steps aside to a private area to take his call.

As soon as possible, as the group is on a boat, Milton departs the scene. One can procede as he is out of earshot and removed from the posting order.
    This means R Quartermain is up to post.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

He could feel the ticking of his beast underneath his skin and behind his eyes; with Jacque's beast occluded, it focused primarily on William's weaker blood and the insane urge and desire to rise from the seat and claim him then and there. He was no stranger to the politics of the conversation, and no stranger to the Prince's balanced line between being an Invictus Prince and the domain not being an Invictus domain. He took the slow, absolutely un-needed, breathe, looking across at the two gentlemen as Milton departed. That departure etched a small frown across his face, before he schooled his features back to conversational politeness, and the two other gentlemen before him.

"Perhaps I have been misunderstood," the soldier replied simply, his expression primarily focused on Walker, "Doctor."

The soldier folded his hands into his lap, regarding the both of them. "I am a Soldier of the First Estate which means that when there is a threat to it, to its members, and to the domains those members reside in... " he pointedly does not refer to it as an Invictus Domain, glancing to Jacque to indicate he takes the point, "I will stand to defend it. And it will, in all likelihood mean my demise some night, ideally far in the distance of time. As such, I take the... structures and practices and cultures of the Estate to heart. It is... not my way to draw a dividing line between myself as a Lord and myself as a member of the Estate. As I have noted to the Priscus, I have no intention of challenging the manner in which he guides this clan and will... bend... where I needs must to support the strength of our combined blood.

He falls silent for a moment, his expression fixed on the stunningly handsome Lord, his expression carefully guarded - as much to prevent the irritation from his voice as to maintain his control on his beast. "But Doctor, do understand this... if I ever do stab you... you will be armed, you will be facing me, and we will have exhausted all other avenues of resolution first."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread