Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Cocoa and words

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

After enjoying more of his indeed delicious choco, it was time for another turn.
    "OK, let's switch up!" Corn said. "I will buy for Madison this time. Hector, you should pick for me."
    Corn decided to be sneaky. He went up and ordered again Parisian Hot chocolate but with marshmellows and vanilla.
    Let's see if Aurora would guess I would buy her her own decision, corn thought to himself smiling mischievously as he put the cup in front of Aurora .
    Corn also got a cup of water and added a bit of salt, just a pinch. "helps clear the palette so the tastes don't get mixed up!" he claimed.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Seemed Zero wasn’t sure on his flavor. Which surprised the Shaman, but maybe Corn went really weird with it.

And Corn was all about doing more! And this Shaman was not about to turn down delicious hot chocolate! So she was picking for Zero, grabbing the menu she looks it over for a moment. Looking for something that would be yummy, but not completely expected. Eyes light up as she settles on one. Hopping up, she orders a Red Velvet Hot Chocolate!

It was placed on the table in front of Zero with a wink and a proud smirk on her face.

As Corn mentioned the water with salt, she eyes him suspiciously, not sure about it. But then again, she’s never really gone out and tasted multiple drinks like this. Usually, it was just shots and clearing the palette didn’t matter. “Going to have to trust you on this one.” She knew coffee beans were used when smelling multiple fragrances.

“So anyone have anything exciting going on?”
    might as well add some convo to the hot chocolate.

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer took another bigger drink when his friends went up to order their drinks. He contemplated for a moment before taking a guess.

failure

He gave up and said, "Okay my man, you got me what is this drink you got for me?"

After giving up and having is new drink placed in front of him, he decided to go up and order a drink for Corn . He ordered a Mexican Hot Chocolate, "I hope you like it?"

I thought the dice was with me with a roll in another thread, I guess not.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

Corn turned to Aurora "Ehhh... I am not sure about it myself. I heard the salt thing on the tv by some glam-seeking celebrity or something. I can't say I am sure about it, Madison. As about anything interesting going on... we have the book club meeting quite soon. And as you know, my wife and I are expecting our first kid." He leans in to whisper with a smile "a boy! I will have a son!" then Corn did what many aspiring parents did with the oversharing about how his son was thiiiis big at this state of the pregnancy, what color the room would be, the various advice he has heard, books about kids he's been reading and all that. ... And he mentions a few "complications" in the pregnancy but that the doctors said to not worry. He is determined to not worry. Yet.

Then Zeromancer missed his second chance and Corn chuckled. "It is Viennese hot chocolate with Cinnamon. You were close this time, buddy with the Mexican hot chocolate."
    Then, he takes a sip from his drink and blinks. Looking at Zero with a raised eyebrow, he moves his hand to the left-overs of the Hot chocolate that Moira had suggested... and it tastes the same.

"We never said we cannot taste another cup! He said. It was a ballsy move to buy me the same chocolate Allegra had bought for me and then asking me whether the one you got was Mexican chocolate, Hector. But I will go with 'Aztec hot Chocolate' "

I didn't roll since it's just a few mins since Corn had the Aztec hot chocolate. I am not 100% sure that Aztec hot chocolate is the same as Mexican hot chocolate, but that's what I go with and Ragnarokxg will tell us whether Corn is right.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

When Zero admits defeat, “Was it good?” cause really, that was all that mattered.

Laughing, “Oh, well if a celebrity said it’s a thing, then it has to be true.” She was clearly teasing Corn, her smile warm. A nod at the mention of a meeting, would probably be a good thing. But oh they were so boring! At least to her.

Then, baby stuff. Something she would never be able to understand the joy about. But she could try and be happy for him. “Congratulations!” if she remembered right, most guys wanted boys to carry on their name or something. Hearing the colors, “Maybe I can refirb something in those colors for you.” She offers, but wouldn’t be offended if he said no. But it felt right to offer.

“Viennese hot chocolate? Now that sounds good!”

The same flavor? Interesting.

Picking up her cup, she first smells it, sometimes that can give away everything. But it didn’t give anything away, aside from the marshmallows.

A sip was then taken, as she appears deep in thought.

“Hmmm,”
    she says, taking another sip, “all I can focus on is the marshmallows.” A slight frown, then another sip.

“Give me a second, I’ll get this.”

1 success

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

2 successes

Zeromancer took a drink of the cocoa that Aurora had purchased him. He knew the taste, of course he knew the taste. "This is Red Velvet, it so happens to be the cake I get for my birthday every year!!" He then added "Yeah the other cocoa was delicious but this one is even better Madison!!"

Zeromancer then looked to Corn "Nice try but I got that one on purpose because even though it is similar it is not the same. So I say you have one more guess remaining."

Mexican Hot Chocolate is very similar but the taste is slightly different due to it having a more milk chocolate taste.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"You can also do painting and refurbishing? You are an impressive woman, Madison." he said to Aurora .

Corn's face dropped when Zeromancer revealed his error. "Ahhh... tricky, tricky. 2nd try... " Corn took a moment, then one more and finally he said "Mexican hot chocolate?"

1 success
    (I took a -2 because it's 2nd try and guessed wrong the first).

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman beams with happiness, “Really?! That’s awesome!” glad she had found one he would like. “Point for me!” she declares holding her arms up while laughing.

Nodding to Corn, “Not very good, but I’ve been working on it. See, I wanted to get out of performing, but needed something that was creative to replace it. So I decided to try fixing up old and broken furniture and bringing new life to it. Had the idea to start a business, but that’s a whole other mess.” And would lock her down to Sacramento.

But at least he didn’t get his right off. She still had a chance to guess hers, and takes another sip.
    “I really like the flavor, it somehow pops. The chocolate is like magic, both bitter but overly bitter.” Looking at the cup, there was a shake of her head, “I have nothing. I’ve never had anything like it, so I can’t even pull from past experience.” Looking to Corn, “You got me on this.” Admitting defeat.

failure

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer was actually entertained that with the hard time he had with his first drink, that his friends were having trouble with their second drink. "I am glad we came here, though not my cup of cocoa, I am really enjoying these drinks. Thanks for inviting."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"Haha!!!" Corn said "Should we start packing this, since I am kinda ahead and I had enough chocolate for a week? I mean, my stomach starts complaining..."

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread