Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Cocoa and words

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer was irked when Moira left but unlike the others he didn't let it affect him. If she didn't want us to get to know her yet, it is her choice. He very much enjoyed his current company. Addressing Aurora comment about his butter in coffee, "Yes it is called bulletproof coffee and it gives a nice kick to the coffee. No need for any creamer. I also like your suggestion of ordering drinks for each other and attempting to guess what the flavors are."
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"That sounds like an interesting game... Madison, I don't think we tell you enough: you are a treasure. " He told to Aurora . When Zeromancer mentioned that the butter-coffee had a name Corn shrugged. "I know my cousin Betty drinks her coffee that way, and we used to call her a weirdo when we were teens - she's about a decade older. Then, we tried it and it was not that bad. Not my cup of tea, or coffee, but it was not that strange. It is a kind of cream after all, Madison. "

I will post suggestions on the mage OOC on how to deal with it.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes narrow suspiciously, yet playfully, at Zero, like she wasn’t sure she bought what he was selling. “It just seems…odd…to put butter in coffee.” Really odd.

Picking up the menu, she begins to look through it, looking for something fun and different. “So we’re scraping the two truths and one lie? Maybe we can do that at our next meeting or something.” Lying was never her thing, but she enjoyed the game.

Then an eyebrow was raised at Corn and his compliment, “I don’t think I’d go that far, I’m just good at coming up with games.” Years on the road would do that to you. “But thank you.” She was learning to accept compliments. It was…a struggle. Putting the menu down on her lap, “I’ll just have to try this for myself sometime. Cause I cannot imagine butter tasting good in coffee.” But she did say she would try it. Try everything at least once.

The menu was raised again, options scanned and thought over. “Before we do this, are there any allergies we should know about?” looking to each of them. Allergies were no joke, and she did not feel like saving a life today.

I replied and don't have an issue with it

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer looked to his friends. Even though he was not much of a Cocoa drinker he was looking forward to the game. Addressing Aurora question about allergies "No I have none so I am pretty much up for anything." He then returned to Corn comment about butter in the coffee, "I use it as a replacement for morning breakfast. It gives a nice burst of energy."

Zeromancer then picked up a menu an d start looking for what surprise he wanted to order for his friends.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

To Aurora he replied "Nope, no allergies."
    To Zeromancer he replied "Betty said a couple of times that it changed her life, and that the boost comes from the butter, not the caffeine. So, I am ordering for you Hector, and either you or Madison order for me. "
    Corn looked at the options for the secret cocoa. You don't want something the others have no chance to find, but you don't want to go too plain either...

Satisfied, Corn stood up and ordered for Zero. Viennese hot chocolate with Cinnamon on the cream.

I assume no allergies...

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As her eyes scanned the menu, she found herself torn between a few different drinks. It should taste good, but be unique and not something they would typically get. Then looking between Corn and Zero, then back to the menu.

Corn ordering for Zero took the guessing out of the whole thing and she settled on one she thinks Corn will like.

“No allergies are always a bonus.”
    A sage nod. One could never be too careful.

Standing, she goes and places the order, coming back with the mug in hand. Setting it in front of Corn, she sits back down as well. It was a Parisian Hot Chocolate with Raspberry Whipped Cream. One could select a spice to add, so she went with green cardamom, being told it complimented the flavors of the hot chocolate well. The Shaman hoped it tasted as good as it sounded.

“So are there rules to this game? Like, we only get x number of guesses or something? Are we applying penalties?”

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer went up to the bar and ordered a Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate for Aurora . He new she would enjoy this, who doesn't like Reeses Cups. He put the cup in front of her. "I hope you enjoy this it may be an easy guess though" Zeromancer said.

As for rules Zero had just one, "No giving hints, I think it will ruin the fun of the game."

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"I think we taste, then we open the menu and check for one minute, make a calculate guess. If we fail, we get another taste and 30 more seconds for a second try. Find it on the first round beats finding it on the second try."

If the others agreed, Corn would turn the menu closed near him, fish out his phone going to the chronometer and said "I will start."
    He raised the cup of the exotic chocolate and took a good sized gulp, making sure to taste both the cream and the rich, thick chocolate underneath. It was good. Very good.
    " Excellent choice. Rich, flavorful... decadent. I could get used to this. I think I detect some spice, that I cannot place and ... strawberry. Probably strawberry."
    He started the timer with one hand as he immediately dived in the menu with the practice of a Mystagogue dadouchos going over information... and found out that strawberry was common. He should have tried to narrow it down by the other tastes. He was too confident. He sighed as the chronometer clicked for the time aloted for the first try.
    "Pink Hot chocolate mix!" he yelled.

Wrong. He ground his teeth trying to read the expressions of Aurora ... nope.
    Perhaps it was not Strawberry? Another sip... no. Not Strawberry. And now he had less time.
    He reached for his phone again for the second try and dived back to the scores of recipes...

"Parisian Hot chocolate with Rasberry Whipped Cream!" He blurted out. Why was he getting so worked up over this game? Chocolate was not his thing...
    You simply don't like to lose, he thought to himself.

Then, it was Aurora 's turn

If you guys don't like those rules Corn suggested, please say so. Corn is not tyrannical to assume his rules would be accepted. But please, for contingency, allow 2 tries.

I put a -1 because while relatively common, this one had a lot of components making it hard to pin it down.
    1 success

Since it is just 1 success, I opt to go for "Corn got it on the 2nd try".

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow was raised in question, “An easy guess huh?” picking up the cup, she brought it to her nose to smell. Eyes fluttering closed as she inhaled and then smiled, “Oh, smells amazing!” and eagerly takes a careful sip, letting the hot chocolate sit in her mouth for a second.

Eyes widen, “This has peanut butter in it! I love peanut butter!” especially with bananas, but that was different.

“But I agree! No hints, they suck.” And takes another sip, a smile appearing on her face, “This is good! I’m going to guess peanut butter cup?” she was fairly confident, “And this is now my favorite hot chocolate!” she declares. “Great choice!” now quite content with her drink, leaning back, she looks to Corn.

It was fun to watch and listen to him work out the flavors. His first guess was wrong, but his second was spot on! “Nice.” It was always fun to see how people worked out flavors. “This is fun!”

She then looks to Zero, eyes peering over her cup, curious to what Corn got him.

3 successes

Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer takes in a deep breath taking in the scent of the cocoa. Treating it like his surprise shots. He gets a whiff of the cinnamon on top of the whip cream and the cocoa smell but nothing more. Zeromancer takes a sip of his cocoa, making sure that he tastes the whip cream with the cocoa.

failure

Zeromancer cannot even guess what this cocoa is. He decides to guess "Is it a Mexican Hot Chocolate?" Knowing he is probably wrong.

Due to the failure, Zeromancer should wait a turn before attempting to guess again.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread