Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Jennifer and Company

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Apr 1, 2022 : 2204 Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

“If we wish to speak more in depth, perhaps we best sit.” Jennifer suggested with her voice that crackled like a serpent moving over dead autumn leaves.

The Lady gracefully walks to a nearby table, delicately runs a hand along a chair with a look to Conner. An invitation that he was welcome. Dark autumn eyes move to the Alder Soldier for a moment, an opening for the other to approach.

Jennifer gracefully occupied the chair across from the indicated chair.
    If one wishes to follow Jennifer here, she has taken a seat in the seated area where one can best watch the other attendees of Elysium. Like watching dangerous predators of the sea circle beneath the surface...
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

The soldier stopped a step from the chair, offering a polite quarter-bow from the shoulders.

"Lady Notary," he intoned, formally. They were, after all, in public. "May I join you?"

Her body language had indicated the yes, but the forms and functions of such things needed to be observed and as she nodded, the soldier took his place in the chair to which she had directed.

"I hope the evening finds you well?" He asked after a moment, sitting with her in the position to watch the movements of those within the court, the quiet prowling of his beast deep in the back of his mind every time his eyes happened to glance over the Prince.

3. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Alder Soldier Quartermain, good of you to join me.". Jennifer stated graciously, her cursed voice uncoiling.
    "I have been well. Thank you for inquiring. An investigation has captured my attention. I have been working on the puzzle with a few of the inquiring minds. "
    The investigation had begun before the Reeve had risen to her title. Dark brown eyes take a moment to look around the room. Taking the temperature of the room.

A touch of concern touched Jennifer's face as she looks between the Prince and Reeve. Jennifer had chosen to give the Prince space for a little while as she had expected a certain conversation between the two to occur. Yet now Jennifer found her instinct to go speak with the Prince. Concerned, Jennifer turned to look for the gentleman who had expressed similar thoughts when the interaction between the Prince and Reeve occurred before.

" Ah, Whip Northbridge is not in attendance tonight." Jennifer observed. A mental note is made.
    Dark eyes look to the Reeve a moment before looking to the table and the alder that she conversed with.
    "I trust that you are finding the domain of Sacramento to your liking?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

The soldier tracked her gaze as it moved over the room, shifting the chair slightly - it was a small movement, but it allowed him a better view of the Court. He sensed, more than understood, Jennifer's unease and while he was assured they were on Elysium and none would violate it... it paid to be prepared. Some part of his mind from old training and instincts suddenly made a note of the entrances and exits, the distance to each, and the priority of people in the room for rescue or evasion. The back of his mind was rattling through the fact that he was unarmed and that his blade was in the car when he pulled himself away from that train of thought.

The domain is strong, he told himself. The Estate is strong. The order is strong. The order maintains.

"I am," he replied quietly to the Notary. "I have been impressed, over and again, with the stability of the Domain. It is a good place for the Estate and a good place for me to rebuild after my rest."

If he had a heart, it would've been threatening to race. He was still too weak, some part of his mind told him, he was still not ready - and if violence erupted.... His body went still as he regarded the court, letting an expression of polite vague interest play across his face - the motion controlled and intentional as he wrest control of his thoughts back from the readiness for a fight which he could logically tell himself wasn't occurring.

"Things are progressing well," he added a moment later. "Albeit slowly."

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

While others would probably stop and wait for an invitation to join the conversation, she didn’t. If she wants to join the discussion, she will join it. Deal with it.

Her Beast made a snarl inside her head in displeasure. Not liking how close they were to the weaker Beast coming from Quatermain. It hissed at her to extend her Claws and end the man where he stood. But that wasn’t going to happen. At least, not yet. Lets give him a chance at least, she scolded her Beast and shoved it aside.

A smile then appears on her lips, “Good evening, Lady Notary Hazelton, I hope you’ve been well.” Dark eyes then turn to Quatermain, “Good evening.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

8. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Slow can be aggravating." Jennifer commiserated. "Yet all things worthwhile can take some time to set up to our liking."
    "I agree that the Domain is quite stable. I was called away some years ago to train under another Notary. Yet I return to Sacramento, due to it's many charms."

Jennifer gives a bit of a personal tidbit about herself.

Jennifer stood as the Prince joined the table. "Your Grace."
    Jennifer's Cursed voice greets the Prince with a respectful curtsy. "Wonderful to see you. I trust that you have been well since we spoke last?"
    The Nosferatu gave the Prince a warm smile after proper respects were given.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

"Slow can be aggravating." Jennifer commiserated. "Yet all things worthwhile can take some time to set up to our liking."
    "I agree that the Domain is quite stable. I was called away some years ago to train under another Notary. Yet I return to Sacramento, due to it's many charms."

Jennifer gives a bit of a personal tidbit about herself..
    "I often think good progress and solid foundations require that pace," the Soldier replied. "What is built in haste is often unbuilt just as quickly."

Return, she said, and the Soldier pondered it, thankful for the thing to focus on besides the tingling edges of his beast as the Prince turned towards their table and began walking. Any follow up he might have had, wondering if she lived her mortal life here or what had taken her away from the city, died on his lips as he felt his beast crawl up the edges of his throat. Some idle part of him wondered if the Notary had given that detail on purpose - an opening offer of conversation or a test hidden inside the conversation, but the moment passed and he rose as Hazelton did as well.

"Your Grace," he intoned formally, offering a bow from the shoulders. That courtesy done, he forced himself to acknowledge the difference in greetings - and the challenge he saw in it. It was not quite a dismissal - but nor was it an invitation. He watched on silently as Jennifer spoke, understanding the challenge; would he accept his place at the moment or buck it? His back tingled with the sensation of the beast crawling on it as, silently, he side stepped from his seat watching the court and gestured for the Prince to take his.

He might not be, socially, able to speak in the current moment, but a message and a courtesy could be offered none the less.

11. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-1 Vitae Blush of Life, 
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smirk to Jennifer, “And here I thought it was my winning personality that brings people back.” Trying to make a joke. She could be funny. Maybe. Fuck it.

“I can’t really complain, things have been going smoothly, which is always welcome.” But sometimes you learned things from obstacles. “And yourself?”

Giving Quartermain her attention, “Alder Soldier Quartermain if I am remembering correct,” a smile, “and correct me of I am wrong.” The Savage serious in those words, ready to admit if she had been wrong. “I’m glad we finally have a chance to talk, how is the Domain treating you?”

Seeing the offered seat, there is a bow of her head, Grazie.” Taking the offered seat.

I'm basing Ale's response off having not met Quartermain yet, as the Invictus scene is still in progress, so if I'm wrong, I am very sorry and just let me know...lol!

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Alder Soldier Robert Quartermain of the Ventrue, may I introduce Alder Prince Alessandra Antinori. Lady of the First estate, Priscus of the Gangrel."

Jennifer paused for a moment, looking between the two. Seeing if there were any questions.

"Shame there was not another present to handle introductions. These things happen, sometimes. I imagine some must be quite busy making arrangements. Although I am pleasantly surprised that we have the opportunity to speak with you, Your Grace "
    A pleasant smile to the Prince. She had made a gentle reference that there were a few Kindred of Qaulity - at least two - who could have made introductions. Not that she was too important to do so, herself.
    Yet a small reference that Jennifer had expected the Lady Prince to be tied up in another conversation.

Dark eyes look to the Alder Soldier.
    " Indeed. We have decades to build upon the stable rock, rather than shifting sands. Quite an apt observation, Alder Soldier.

I have some experience in computer science and White hat business. I am an expert in computer matters, if you have need setting up one's business. "

A slight pause. She would like to inquire about the Soldier's interests, yet not anything that would lay him vulnerable here in Elysium.

" It has been some time since we have had one of your skills in the Domain, Alder Soldier. Would I be too bold if I inquire about your intentions? No doubt you can find many useful avenues."

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

Nope, you’re good! Don’t sweat the internal monologue! I can never keep straight the timelines vs. posting closings. ��

The soldier moved over to another chair, noting internally it had robbed him of the ability to see all of the court, but the gesture had been an important one to make. He stood, one hand on the chair, as he waited for Hazelton to take her seat before gaining his new one.

“Thankfully most of my business dealings still focus on hardcopy and paper versions,” he replied. “Though I have no doubt I shall be grateful to call upon your expertise when needs demand. I have no doubt the real estate business will remain paper based indefinitely.”

There, he mused – information given for information offered. Some part of him wondered if she would intuit the deeper meaning behind the words, but such was unlikely at present.

A small, genuine if polite, smile crossed his face as he sat straight backed in the chair. “It is not bold of you to ask, I think, as my services are yours and the domains to seek. I am recently returned from the Sleep and desired new horizons and a stable domain from which to rebuild. Her Grace’s domain is well regarded for that stability.”

He inclined his head towards the Prince, as much in acknowledgement of that fact as to make certain that he was not excluding her from the conversation. “That is correct, Your Grace. The domain has been welcoming and a perfect example of a domain of the First Estate. I suppose in that sense my intentions are simple – to advance the power and prestige of the Domain, and in doing so, rebuild my own.”

15. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread