Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2203) Tavern Taps

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 20, 2022 : (2203)Spring Coronation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

Continued from (2203)Spring Coronation...

Something stronger then tea, sure. Yes. Okay. A breath, yeah. Looking around she spots the rum. Spiced. That was kinda like tea....if you squint. Aaand a Coke.

Rum and Coke. That was a drink. Sure.

.....8t would be better if she mixed them. Flushing she cracks open the pop can and untwists the cap on the bottle and gives herself a heafty pour.

When she's done she takes a sip. Or more then a sip. It burns. But in a good way.

To get me out of normal posting order on the main thread and to create a place for those who wouldn't mind me being a slow poke.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

2. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe spies the bar as she greets R'lyeh upon her arrival, "R'lyeh, nice outfit tonight. Fouled cactus juice on tap?"

The silvery dress reflects the colors of the various alcohols, mortal and fae, as she searches. Yes, there was, though color was questionable. "Not sure if this tequila is from Iron or Thorn side. Ooooh, A&W. Ciao señor root beer," she sets about mixing the drink for herself. And attempts to show off.

1 success

She doesn't drop the can, barely, with the juggle. She refrains from juggling the bottle. "How ya been girl?" She asks as she finishes mixing, "Ain't chatted with ya in a while."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

New ID: Riley Rivers | Danger Sense | Direction Sense | Trained Memory | Trained Observer | Allies (Street) |
    Mask

A slim Caucasian women, with frayed, frizzy bleached hair, chapped lips and irritated, red skin surrounding her eyes.

Underneath her clothes are a myriad of scars, most notably on her back shaping like wings, and her stomach, Great wide slashes that never healed correctly.
    Mien

Oil black, miasma purple, and dishwater white, the pallet of the fox girl drowning in crude oil, her hair continues to spill only halted by her triangular fox ears, popping from the side of her head.

Miasma fur lay neatly with dirty glass & black ice feathers, with a trio of smog-smoke tails, easily seen now, is a slash across her throat, yowling open. Acts more like tattoo now, withrows of yellow fangs, and a wet looking tongue lolling out.
    Mantle 1

The feeling of sunbaked heat of a Summer roadtrip, paired with the wafting smell of gasoline from a roadstop.

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

It feels like whiplash when Circe-Queen appears. She is all of the much. Very muchly much.

...foul cactus juice....? Oh, "Tequila? Yes-there-should-be-yes." spills from her lips, as she blinks as the Summer Queen-slash-Groundskeeper speed around mixing her drink and talking.

It takes the fox a few moments of blinking before she nods. Drip-drip-drop.

"I am..okay-good?" she says making it sound more like a question. "I went out to eat with Cooonel Worm a....while ago. It was....nice-good-weird. We talked..about, things....?" is what she says, a tumble of words which are too small to encompus what had happened in that diner.

"have you been also good?" she says after a while, words fitting awkwardly in her mouth as she belated remembered she needed to ask and talk ans contribute because that's how conversations go.
    Wyrd ●●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Glamour: | Mantle and Noteable Merits in Minisheet

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

That description the fox just gave? "Oh ho ho ho ho! That a description of Colonel Worm or yer dinner engagement with him?" She sips the drink. Yes, this will work. "Be nice if yer chat with him went good too. Good Summer, very high fashion, but a good Summer."

As for herself? Well of course she can talk about herself. "I'd say good Ry'leh. Very good, fer a Summer being Summer. Properly so," she sips her drink, "None of that me being peace broker between courts again. Ranks up, work getting done. I got inta some dank dark things. Prickly places too. Oh! And I got crabs," Circe smirks as she drinks more, aware of the naughty implication. "Dropped the big fella with an AK. Pop-pop, Mr. Mega Crabs dropped. Got some really good armor, just can't walk around mundies like with it. This ain't Hollywood."

Strange outfits will get more attention. And tactical armor? Here, that'd get the cops. "What kind of fun have you been up to, aside from meeting up with a snazzy styled Summer?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

7. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

"Um, yes...?" comes R'lyehs uncertain voice. It was true in a way. The she nods a twist of a laugh trapped behind her teeth, "Very Summer, much fashion."

Then the blightbent is nodding following along with the Summer Queen's words brows furrowing in confusion. "You have an interesting-weird-good way of speaking. Its confusing. But in a good way." says the fox after a moment. She smiles, weird-awkward-dosen't-fit-! But its there because its not an insult.

"Um." looking around. She gulps, but presses forward. She doesn't want to be fear-frozen. No back alley melty snowman for her. "We were talking about. Summer. And-ah-me. Me in Summer. I mean. Joining. Maybe. Probably." she gets out much too fast but full of halting pauses. "So. My-ah funds been. Um. that" she says. Looking at her drink.

She takes a gulp.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Mathematical answer!" She cheers R'lyeh not saying which was the yes, "Way ta work the mystery in there girl, props!" She gives R'lyeh a thumbs up.

"Interesting way of talking, I do? Certain of this you are? Think of one with more fun speech, this I can. Hmmmmm, oh ho ho ho!" Circe actually managed to keep the Yoda dialect going before breaking into laughter. "English sometimes lacks the right words fer stuff. Maybe meraviglioso works fer ya? Sounds nice without being pretentious," Circe nods as she sips her drink.

"Oooooh," she leans forward on the counter as R'lyeh admits to her interest in Summer, "And a little aww too," the disappointed kind, "I'd adore having more Summer around, but also would cheer yer having a nice date with Worm." Circe shrugs as she sips her drink, unclear if she is teasing or not. Even Circe might not know.

"Can't have both. But glad ta hear yer thinkng of us. Ya know I'm ta say an idiot brings a sword ta a gun fight," Circe smirks as she twirls her drink in her right hand, chin now resting on her left with elbow upon the bar. "We also benefit from discounted arms dealer connections. Due ta me. But, are ya interested in Summer and do ya know why?"

Circe would indeed like to increase the ranks. R'lyeh would be welcomed with open arms. But Circe was a united front type of monarch.

10. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

8 days to go!

(I'll get to r'yleh after plot posts!)

Presance
    (There)
    Dex ●●●●●●
    (Nimble)
    Allies
    (Street)
    R'lyeh

Mask

Mien

Mantle 1

PRE

Blightbent Riddleseeker

There is a furrow between her brows as Circe-Groundskeeper-Queen's voice shoots off like a babbling brook. But it isn't bad. Or, R'lyeh doesn't think its bad. So. She tries to smooth out her confusion-uncertainty-worry and smile.

She's not sure if it works.
    Working a face is still as hard had it had been when she remembered she had one and she needed to pull herself together and be more then hungry-ravenous -devouring-pit-of-potent-pollution
    "Why awww...? Oh..oh! Why would anyone wanna date me....?" she was. gross-bad-wrong not. Dateable.

So. Guns. Circe-Queen is very guns. Very much like guns. If the quip is true, which. Why would she lie when offering a way for someone to get an armed.

"...well. I've been thinking about joining a court for a while now. Before Rhodes-King-Dread-Lord asked me to think about. About. Autumn. Then I talked to Gerrit about Winter. And. I don't. Think Magic-and-Fear or Secrets-and-Sorrow would help. They could fit-match. Like a glove. But. I think if I let fit-match slide into me. I'd. Never do. I'd be Fear-Frozen. Inaction-warry. Fretful-craven. Runaway-cannot-trust. And. I don't want that." quiet, thinking thoughtful. "I think. No. Think about a group in a battle. And if I'm me, not change no challange-newness, I'd find excuses to fallback, stay behind. And eventually. Never move-help-contruibute. So. Summer might not be what I think of first or what people look at me and think first. But. It would be looking for more and much of me. Force a change and bring different Answers to the Question of me.

...if that...that makes sense...?"
    did it? Was that what Circe-Queen was looking for...?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe stops drinking as R'lyeh puts herself down. A sad oily fox? It was like watching one of those save the animal from oil videos. And Circe didn't like it. "Anyone who talks ta ya, would see how wonderful ya are R'lyeh. Oh! And if some asshole says shit otherwise, Summer will kick their shit back up their ass. Yer adorable, don't let anybody tell ya yer not."

Then R'lyeh is talking about her views. Circe sips her booze slowly, listening carefully. Ears bent towards R'lyeh even. The speech pattern was confusing, sure. But no more so than Yoda speak. It sounds like the slick fox was wanting out of her comfort zone. Or to avoid bad habits that Autumn and Winter would reinforce. Okay, that was the logic.

Circe downs her root beer and tequila, "Ah. Yes R'lyeh." Circe nods then points the glass at R'lyeh. "Ya want ta change. Blossom ta a newer you without the stuff ya don't like. Kinda why I talk so much, compared ta however cazzo long I was forced ta be silent." Circe grabs more drinks to start mixing herself a refill. "Yes it makes sense. And if ya happen to somehow grow beyond Summer?"

She mixes her drink, "Then I'd give ya props!" Circe would probably have been a great and supportive corporate boss for any employee. If she wasn't a violent criminal and a Summer changeling. "Props fer having communed with Summer ta the point ya hit gestalt and hafta move on. I'd be proud," she admits honestly. Omitting her extreme doubt that is was possible. Summer was the proper reaction to Them, privateers, hostile hobs, and other problems in her mind. Fight back. "The only thing I refuse ta have my Summers do is be idiot berserkers. Guns, bats, swords, bows, Contracts, or hunga-munga, I don't care what ya use so long as ya ain't gonna bitch at me fer ambush being dishonorable. I will get on yer ass if yer preference is for rocket launchers," she finishes mixing the drink.

"Ya got those," Circe raises her glass in salute, "I'll ask ya ta share."

14. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

0 days left. Get your last posts in! I'll be closing the equinox scenes tomorrow!!

(Dorry for dragging so much, life just got away from me, I'll get a reply up after ST stuff!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread