Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Very Important Predators: C & J

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Jennifer Hazelton

The Kindred looks between the other three Kindred at the table. When Jennifer glanced around, he mirrored her action. He did not appear overly concerned.

"Ah, something that tends to stay the same wherever I traveled."
    He remains quiet until someone brings the drink and the person moves farther from the table.

Vincenzo straightened in his chair as Conner mentioned the Moore House.
    "That is good news." A slight pause. "You have some plans, I imagine."

2. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

Someone with an interesting history they could all learn from ? Interesting choice of words... Helen thinks she's seen the new guy Conner is talking about, but she can't summon a face to the name. She passes the chance to comment on Mekhet growth on and remains silent on the matter. Moore House on the other hand ?

"I've heard something about some Mass of sorts, but it's been some time since then. You mean there's been some new developments on that ?"

Yes, thats a little playful barb he'll have to endure, after all, this wasn't the first time there'd been talks about opening Moore House again. But maybe this'll stick ? They'll see soon enough about that. Listening to what people add, it sems like Jennifer is still pretty big on the whole networking thing in a way. Should make for some interesting turnouts in due time. Name or no, it's not really surprising to hear a former family leader was also church leader. After all, it's pretty well known that the Lancea and haunts go together pretty well in the first place.

"Las Vegas for some time, before that some small backwater places in the Mid West I don't really care enough about to remember the names of. I'm sure the others have seen some way more interesting places than that way more recently."

She gives Conner and Vincenzo a look that doubles as an unspoken question. Or not ? Keeping it at the more recent stuff, the old tales are the old tales for a reason... She frowns, as she can't recall anything about Dr Baker and conflict in the club.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

4. Likes liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

"Albert mentioned most of his travels were before he entered our society..." Keeping the double-speak going just enough. "...But he seems to have a great respect for the past. I imagine once he becomes more comfortable, he'll share his experiences." Or maybe they'll stay within the Shadows where they belong.

1 success

Conner doesn't catch anything behind Jennifer's stoic face. But he does notice Helen's comment; and thankfully smothers his gut impulse to show teeth. "Very new. And very good. It's a miracle in and of itself that the space is so well preserved, given how long it's been out of circulation. But I'm going to begin taking stock of the space and, Heaven willing, the Moore House will be ready to host its first service in a long time by the end of April." He looks over to Vincenzo here. "I was hoping you could assist with the process, Vincenzo." If nothing else, having the Legate present to look over possible Lancea artifacts would be good.

Conner looks back to Jennifer.
    ​"There was a guest book in the sanctuary with a list of names. Would your old Family head be listed there?" And more importantly, what would he have left there? And will the Nosferatu demand a piece of what remains? His expression turns a little more solemn as Baker is mentioned. "I'll leave it to Mr. Baker to discuss particulars. Suffice it to say I don't expect him to be trouble. Only that cooperation between our two groups will be a bit more difficult now." Perhaps his earlier efforts had been too forward? Too focused on dealing with Mable and her more modern ideologies of cooperation.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer considers the information shared for a few moments. Considering what that could mean.
    Jennifer glanced towards Helen, her autumn eyes observant.

"I imagine that he would be. Yes." Jennifer answered Conner's direct question. She turns her head slightly, glancing if anyone appears to be giving them too much attention. Yet someone's movements from a decade ago was not crucial information. She looks to Conner as she replies calmly.
    "Sidor Grigoriev."
    "Cooperation between the two groups."
    An idea blossomed in her mind, yet she does not propose it as yet. She did not want to take all of the oxygen in the room, so to speak. It was good to give others time to share their ideas.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

7. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

"I have laid plans for someone with experience to come and give you aid. That was left with an official, yet perhaps it has been time enough for you and I to reach out to him." Vincenzo considers.
    The Kindred looks between the two women, his expression thoughtful. Yet he holds his own thoughts.

9. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

"Hallelujah." Helen remarks dryly. "Sounds like an interesting prospect, then. You think there's still enough materials in stock to equip prospective visitors ?"

Ain't it funny ? Moore House is well-preserved, so its God's will. If it were a heap of rubble, it would without a doubt the active work of the Church's enemies. Helen has always marveled at some of the double-think going on in some church parts. Not as bad as those submarine Catholics there's way too many of, but still...

But then, after her meeting with Mable, she sort of gets what Conner might mean with cooperation being more difficult. Well, where's the fun in things being too easy ?

"If Dr Baker is as agreeable to the prospect as Ms Woods seems to be in general, I don't see too many problems. Unless you think he might muddle things up by simply being there ?" She leans back a little. Its more of a rhetorical question, really, but hey. "So, you've been to some interesting places before coming here ? Privately, mission trip, stuff like that ?"

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

11. Likes , liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

The name Jennifer mentions sets Conner's expression alight with recognition. "I do remember that name, Gregoriev. Did you know him? Or was he before your time?" With the Lancea Sanctum having turned a blind eye to Sacramento for so long, Conner was eager to fill the gaps of knowledge. He looks to Vincenzo with an eager smile. "I'll look forward to it. Many hands make light work." And the sooner the Lancea Sanctum has been restored, the better.

Conner's beginning to wonder if Helen's default approach to conversation is snark, or if he's just on the receiving end because he's a 'church boy'. Either way, he grins and bears it. "I'll be placing some requisition orders soon for lay materials: Psalters, pens, pencils, and the like. There's also cleaning materials for general maintenance which I'll be picking up. Of course, places of worship have historically been furnished by donation." He makes a pleasant a mock-pious smile to the impish Haunt. ​"Perhaps some lightly-used furniture or farm tools?" He's sure she'll get the reference to torches and pitchforks. He looks around the room. ​"In all seriousness, if you are looking for places to get rid of things that just clutter the space then I'm sure I could find use for them."

13. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Dark eyes slide to Helen as she speaks. Very interesting points.
    Jennifer does not comment on this line, curious if Helen has a follow up line of questioning. Or observations. Yet Jennifer attends these words attentively.

"I knew him." Jennifer shared. He had taught me many lessons.
    "Grigoriev was quite formidible. He had a city position as Deputy. This was under the the head of your Family, who served as Sheriff."

Her language was precise, avoiding Kindred only language such as Prisci. Yet the most telling was using the term Sheriff, which a Kine would assume to be a mundane role. Over the Domain's use of Reeve. Paranoid? Perhaps.
    "The former Sheriff was rapier quick. Quite a testament to your Family." Jennifer replies, watching Conner for a moment. Curious where his curiousity would lie.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

15. Likes liked this post

Jennifer Hazelton

The Legate looks between Helen and Conner, apparently deep in thought. His eyes are expressive, seeming to follow Conner's words closely. When Conner speaks further on the Moore House, the Legate steeples his hands. His eyes rest on Conner for a long beat as he speaks.
    The bald Kindred glances around subtly at the Nosferatu Priscus’ use such precise language. The mercenary's face remains impassive. You could not tell if he approved or disapproved of such course of action. He remains attentive to the conversation, sipping his drink.

17. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

So much for second time's the charm, eh ? Well, can't have everything ! She considers taking a little work to the donation furnishing...

Nah, too easy.

"Furniture or farm tools ? I think I may have just the stuff." But then... Why not, just to see how that goes ? "Tell you what, I'll throw in the cleaning stuffs for free and even help you clean the place. Provided neither the place or me go up in flames when I set foot in it. I mean, you made it sound like it sort of might tolerate... unbelievers."

She doesn't butt in when it comes to grigoriev, she doesn#t know the guy, nor does it sound like that's likely to change anytime soon. So she just looks over to the silent one around the table.

19. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread