Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“A boat tour!?! Now that does sound like fun! We should totally see if there is anything like that here in town.” That could be fun!

Nodding, “That’s one of the benefits of shots!” looking around, “Which we should probably have!” declares the Shaman. Then eyes slide over to Phoenyx, then back to Belle. Did Belle not know? Oh, this was going to get good! “Really nice of him to do that. But he was all around a generous and kind guy.” It was true. “Congrats on the job!” raising her drink, “To new jobs!” sounded better in her head. Dating? “Urgh, I’m not really one to give advice on that. I suck at dating.” Years of being on her own and pushing people away. “If you find a trick, please let me know.” But maybe there was no trick.

The gesture was returned to the Arrow.

“Oh, well winter is different. While it’s not too cold here, it does tend to damper the options.”
    But she always found a way.

A sage nod at Phoenyx admitting they were not good at sating. “I just don’t know what the hell I’m doing to be honest.” A shrug.

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle laughs as Phoenyx reacts playfully. But she quickly leans in when Phoenyx talks about being covered. "Ooooh! I just thought of something! Have you ever worn armor? Like full-on Wonder Woman style armor? Or even just cosplay armor? I've always wanted to try something like that, but I've never really been in a situation where I'd need it." She takes a sip of her beer. "Not that I want to wander into a medieval battlefield or something. I just want to look badass in chain mail."

"Yeah, Steve!" She nods. "He's a sweet guy. I hope he's doing well, wherever he is." She heartily echoes Aurora's toast. "Work hard to play harder!" She takes a longer drink from her beer.

Between Aurora's boldfaced honesty and Phoenyx's reserved subtext Belle is looking between the two women with genuine surprise.
    "Really? I mean, no judgement. But I'm kind of surprised. You're both so gorgeous!" She's clearly not exaggerating here, she says that last word with quiet enthusiasm. "Trick? Just know your worth and don't settle for anyone who won't respect it....but don't be afraid to compromise, because nobody likes a pushy..." She sets her drink down, head cocked to one side like a confused puppy. "Wow...when I say it out loud I guess it is complicated."

She looks over to Phoenyx. "So you don't look for long-term?" ​And then she gets mischievous glint in her eye as her mouth opens up. ​"Are you a cuddler? Oh my gosh! I bet you are! You get all worked up and exhausted from training and you just want to curl up with someone and feel their heartbeat against your back." Belle looks up whistfully. "God, what I wouldn't give for a good cuddle."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Boat tours? That sounds interesting. I had a friend who was very interested in the marine life that went to work in the Pacific." Literally, in the Pacific, if her love of shapeshifting was recalled correctly.

She nods at Aurora's compliments about Kaze. "It's still surprising. I thought he would have mentioned it to me before he left. We were friends," she adds to Belle. "Well. Um. Yes. Friends." The Arrow seems to be going pink in her cheeks, and she nervously sucks on the straw, looking back to Aurora. Did it matter, talking about dating someone in the past? Was that something people did?

The Arrow nods. "I've used bullet-proof vests for certain parts of work. We don't have any here. There hasn't been much of a call for them." She looks a little confused. "Why chainmail? It isn't that protective against modern weapons." Her words have started slurring ever so slightly.

And there it was. The confusng little flutter as Belle complimented them both, but Phoenyx blushes again, shaking her head. "My only... relationship ended badly and I don't like having to deal with feelings. They're all so... complicated. But Madison helps. me figure them out." She pats her friend's hand affectionately. But then her jaw drops, shocked. "How the hell do you know that? It was supposed to be a secret! Did... did Steve tell you?! Oh, he is in for an ass-kicking he will never forget.." She scowls, looking genuinely irritated. "And it wasn't after training, it was just after sex!" The protest continues, then her eyes go wide, realising what she just said. "Crap!" she exclaims, looking panicky. "Pleeeeease don't tell anyone! I.. didn't want people to think I would do my job less good and then it got all confusing..." The Arrow slumps in the booth, pointing to herself. "See? Feelings! Feelings are stupid." Phoenyx snatches her drink back up and sucks it down sulkily.

Maybe the Arrow was a little drunk.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes widen, “We totally should do that some weekend!” and yes, from her face, she was serious. “Hit up a few bars, bet we won’t have to pay for a drink all night.” A nod.

“Yeah, really.” Like, why would she lie about that. “Don’t get me wrong, I can find myself someone to keep me busy at night if I want, but beyond that, it’s just not my thing.” Could it be her thing? Maybe. But it was complicated. Laughing, “Relationships in general are complicated and hard.” It’s why she avoided them. Or had been trying to avoid them. “Last time I let myself like, get feelings for a guy, it didn’t last and the rejection sucked.” Shrugging and drink her drink. Fuck relationships.

She looks from Belle to Phoenyx over her glass, wondering how the Arrow would answer.

To Phoenyx a shrug, “Didn’t say anything to me either.” Whatever, “Though I can tell you from experience, goodbyes are hard and suck.” So sometimes you just avoided it.

Laughing at the Arrow, “Sometimes it’s more about looking damn good in something that it having a practical use.” And sometimes you just want to walk around in chainmail, totally normal.

“Well, I’m trying, I haven’t had much success to base my advice off from.”
    But she tried. Then the glass was slowly lifted to her lips as Phoneyx just, well, lets it all out. Eyes dart quickly from Arrow to fellow Mysterium member. This was going to be on Phoenyx. Tapping her friends hand, she leans over, "I don't think she knew before you said something." another reassuring pat of the hand.

But you know what they need? Shots! And she flags someone down and orders enough shots for the table. Shots made everything better…ish.

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Xadun liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Boat tour or Chainmail Bikini Night? Either way, I'm down." Belle raises a glass to Aurora's suggestion.

It seems like while her friends were more than comfortable with one night stands, they weren't comfortable with heartbreak. Who is? Belle nods respectfully between the senior Magi. ​"Yeah, I guess I'm just not sure where I stand on..." She snort-laughs. "Oh wow! That's a good one!" She shakes her head; recovers. "Sorry...one night stands. It sounds fun and exciting, but at the same time I'm just...I don't know...I like sticking around." ​And she'll admit there's baggage around that. Just maybe not here. At least not while she's sober.

Phoenyx drops her lore bomb and Belle has to take a full half-minute to process. Wait? Kaze mentioned they trained while he was an Arrow. Right? He never said anything about... No wonder Kaze seemed to hold Phoenyx in such high regard. The Warlock's mouth opens. "Oh...my..." But then the Arrow's confidence folds in on itself, and Belle feels like she's just punched a puppy. "Oh no! Heyheyheyheyhey!" She takes Phoenyx's other hand and squeezes it. "I was half-joking, I promise. Steve didn't mention it, that's all. He mentioned you were training buddies, but that was it. I'm sorry if I hurt you." She looks desperately to Aurora as the Shaman calls shots over, no doubt for damage control purposes. "Yeah, feelings ARE stupid. But there's good stupid feelings too. Right?" The Warlock takes a shot once it's available and just sets it by her place, not wanting to drink until she's sure Phoenyx is okay.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Not pay for drinks? How would we do that?" the Arrow asks. "I won't steal things."

There was a frown. "Well, yeah, but he wasn't like you or me. It just seems unlike him, is all." She shrugs.

"Armour is supposed to be practical," Phoenyx replies demurely. "A bikini wouldn't protect anything, and you'd get skin caught in it. It'd hurt and distract you. Getting your nipples caught in the rings just sounds awful. Makes no sense to me." Sometimes the sheltered girl was far too literal.

There's a shrug as Belle jokes and discusses the casual relationships - she clearly didn't get the joke. "Try it. If you don't deal with it regularly you get all frustrated and it can affect your work." It was all practicality to the Arrow.

The Arrow groans and looks to Belle. "Really? but she knew I like..." She puts her head on the table. "You mean you just guessed? He really didn't say?" She puts her arms over her head and groans again. "Fuck." The sound is muffled by the arms.

Phoenyx stays that way until she heads the tap of a glass put next to her. A dark eye appears between the tussled hair, watching it suspiciously. She looks back to Belle. "You didn't. I just don't like talking about that. I have to keep being ready to fight and defend. I don't want people knowing I like... that. Makes me look... vulnerable." She isn't upset, just looks really embarrassed, like her pride took a beating. "There was, I guess, for a while. But then there were the bad feelings. It felt very... confusing. Painful." She sighs and picks up the shot, hurriedly drinking it. It was surprisingly sweet, fruity, sour and tangy. She pulls a face - shots are something she's not used to yet. "It was a long time ago. We still are friends - it took a long time to be that again. Just please, don't tell people?"

10. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“No reason we have to limit ourselves to only one! I’d just prefer warmer weather for Chainmail Bikini Night.” But she was pretty sure the other would too.

Did she get where Belle was coming from? In a sense. But last time she stuck around it had been a mistake. “I suppose it’s always been easier for me where most of my life was spent on the road. Anything serious wouldn’t have worked, so never really gave it much thought.” Plus she had some baggage.

The Shaman sat and watched the exchange, clearly a little amused. Sip. Listen. Shift eyes. Sip again. Did she think Kaze would have really gone spilling all his relationship details to Belle? Not in the slightest. Kaze was a good guy. But it was still funny as hell to watch the whole conversation break down.

At the look from Belle, there was a shrug. There wasn’t anything she could do; this was between those two. “Feelings are overrated.” Was all she had to say, glad the shots had come.

Then a look to Phoneyx, one that said…seriously?!

“It’s not stealing when people offer to buy them for you. When I got these shots, were you stealing them from me? No, I’m offering them to the table. Same applies when others are around. Though sometimes people expect shit in return, but you certainly don’t owe them anything.” If they offer, cool. Expect sex for a drink or two? Not gonna happen. “You’ve never bought a drink for someone?” they really needed to get her out more.

Really Phoenyx? Sighing, “We all understand the reason for amour, but sometimes you just want to look damn fine and get some attention. As far as it hurting, they make pasties for things like that. Which are soo important for things like piercings.” Brushing off the concern.

A snort as she laughed, “Considering you just threw it out there,” a nod, “it was a guess. We need to work on your poker face.” Could the Arrow lie?

Rolling her eyes, “Someone knowing you’re actually a human under all that isn’t a bad thing. I’ve told you this.” Everyone had a soft side. Watching her take a shot, Aurora picks her own up and downs it.

12. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"It's not so much stealing as persuading somebody else to buy the drink for you. Then it's not stealing, it's a gift!" Belle takes another shot and downs it a little too fast, suppressing a cough. "Oh wow! That was...good. Thanks Maddie." She briefly screws her face up as the taste is processed in her mouth. "That's a new flavor combo for me. I'm usually more of a beer gal."

"Maybe we go for less of a chainmail bikini and more plate mail. More protection, less revealing, you can throw on cool emblems..." Belle's honestly geeking out over all this talk about armor. "Oh, do tell! I mean, I haven't really tried piercings before but I get the appeal. It's like body art, but with metal." And Belle has done quite a few experiments with magnets in middle school. "I've seen some videos of people who use makeup to simulate armor or costumes on skin. I've tried it a few times...just not in public." ​For the first time in the night, Belle kind of looks embarrassed. "It was a guilty pleasure phase in my early 20's. I was starting to get more confident about my body and wanted to try something new."

Belle squeezes Phoenyx's free hand. "Steve said a lot of things, but never about you being in a relationship. But he really respected you and your work, and he had nothing but good things to say about you." She pulls her fingers across her lips like a makeshift zipper. "These lips are sealed, gal pal! Just don't let anyone tell you that trust is a weakness. Those people are jerks." She takes another sip of her drink. There was definitely the hint of a buzz coming up, but she's heartier than most.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Well, no..." The Arrow replies, frowning, "But they weren't free, you bought them. And if I bought a drink for you, that's not free. I've bought drinks for people before, but that's because you're my friends. I'm not used to being bought things."

"I have a poker face! It was just... a surprise!" Phoenyx replied. "And I didn't throw it - I thought it was already there! It was just... not. And then I was talking and it was hard to stop. Which is strange for me." The words slurring together again. She squirms, looking at Aurora. "Well.... human is overrerated. Besides, you know I'm a human. An'... An now Belle does too. That's two people. That can be enough." She sits a little taller, seeming pleased with this conclusion.

"Platemail just looks so heavy," Phoenyx replies. "I don't get the 'armour to look cool' thing. I think it's because of all those superhero movies Steve liked. Though, I did like, um, Wonder Woman. It was very relatable. Except for the lasso."

She squeezes Belle's hand back, managing a small smile. "Thank you. He... he was always sweet." Phoenyx sighs, playing idly with the straw. "Trust is hard. I usually find working with people helps trust. That's how Madison and I got close.And you," she looks to Belle, actually smiling, "You were taking the training seriously! Not many people do.""Well, no..." The Arrow replies, frowning, "But they weren't free, you bought them. And if I bought a drink for you, that's not free. I've bought drinks for people before, but that's because you're my friends. I'm not used to being bought things."

"I have a poker face! It was just... a surprise!" Phoenyx replied. "And I didn't throw it - I thought it was already there! It was just... not. And then I was talking and it was hard to stop. Which is strange for me." The words slurring together again. She squirms, looking at Aurora. "Well.... human is overrerated. Besides, you know I'm a human. An'... An now Belle does too. That's two people. That can be enough." She sits a little taller, seeming pleased with this conclusion.

"Platemail just looks so heavy," Phoenyx replies. "I don't get the 'armour to look cool' thing. I think it's because of all those superhero movies Steve liked. Though, I did like, um, Wonder Woman. It was very relatable. Except for the lasso."

She squeezes Belle's hand back, managing a small smile. "Thank you. He... he was always sweet." Phoenyx sighs, playing idly with the straw. "Trust is hard. I usually find working with people helps trust. That's how Madison and I got close. And Steve. And you," she looks to Belle, actually smiling, "You were taking the training seriously! Not many people do. I was super grateful for that." She frowns again, looking at the glass. "Aw. Feelings are weird. Now I feel happy and sad. He was very good at hugs."

15. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A sage nod at Belle’s words, “I’ve had guys and girls buy me drinks all the time. It’s a thing and it’s ok.” Seriously, totally ok. Smirking, “Oh, I have a whole list of flavor combos if you’re feeling brave.” A brief wink.

Shaking her head, “Nah, I want the chainmail bikini, you can do the plate mail.” She was already planning it out in her mind. “Sort of like body art, yeah.” A nod, “You can wear a Band-Aid or even use those nipple stickies to cover a piercing to try and prevent it getting ripped out. I find the pasties work quite well personally. Plus, they come in cool colors!” true story right there. “But I think it also depends where the piercing is.” Eyes widen, “Oh yeah! It’s like body painting, right?” she thinks that is right. “That is an art form beyond my abilities. But some of them look totally badass! You’ve done it?! You should totally rock that in public!” Belle was a looker.

There was a strong urge to put her forehead on the table, so she does. Lifting her head again, “It’s free for the person you bought the drink for. Like, the shot I bought for the table. Sure, it cost me money, but it was free for you guys. And there are guys out there that like buying drinks for women.” Shrugging. “Am I going to have to show you?” eyes already looking over who was at the bar, selecting targets.

A serious look as she shook her head, “No, you don’t.” and that was that in her head. “You heard what you wanted to hear in her words. If you had listened more closely and not assumed, you would have seen that. But that’s ok, something we can work on.” Then a laugh, “Sometimes, yes, human is overrated.” Truth right there. “Sometimes it helps for those you work with to see that human side.” Facts.

“There you go! You can dress up as Wonder Woman! And the lasso is just about learning how a whip works.” She had basic knowledge at best on it. And that lasso thing totally looked like a whip, so same thing in her mind.

A snort as she laughed, yeah, lets call it working together. And not watching as she turned three Seer’s into fish then changed into a bird.

17. Likes , liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread