(Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Aurora's compliment emboldens Belle, and her face lights up. "I think I will! Just as soon as I brush up on Sacramento's public indecency laws. Trouble I can handle, but I'd rather not have trouble with the law." She takes another sip of the beer as she contemplates other shot combinations. "So is there such a thing as a 'kitchen sink' shot? Like, whatever's lying around at the time?"

Belle waits as Phoenyx lays her feelings out on the table like a royal flush. She admires the Arrow's vulnerability, even if it might not be completely genuine given the alcohol involved.
    "Hey, you make it easy. You inspire me to push myself and be the best I can be. Both of you do." She looks between Aurora and Phoenyx. "Just having a trusted core of people to build you up is all you need. Share too much and eventually someone will just walk over you...not that you're a pushover or anything; it's just there's enough people out there that someone will take advantage." The mention of Wonder Woman gets Belle excited. "Wonder Woman's costume is the bomb! It's practical, yet flashy, without being too skimpy. Because, duh, she's bulletproof. Actually...do you read much?" She looks over to Phoenyx. ​"I mean, for fun. Anything: journals, articles, magazines, comic books?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow shrugs. "Someone had to pay." She smiles. "You can show me if you like. Maybe we should find you a nice guy to practice on." The smile turns inot mmor eof oa smirk.

There's a sigh. " 'M trying to read people. It's just hard. Cuddling was, like, a secret." Seeing the human side? "Maybe. I just found controlling emotions was better to keep myself together. If I get angry.... There's a lot I could do if I got really mad. It's important to control that. For people to know you're in control without having to tell them."

Phoenyx shakes her head. "umm... no. She's a lot more tall and... um... curvy than me. How come there aren't any asian superheros? Why is that?" It suddenly struck her, in all the films Kaze had shown her.

She looks at Belle. "'Kitchen sink?'" It sounded weird.

Theres a scowl. "They can try. If anyone walks over me, or either of you, I'll kick their ass." Although right now, It was a question if the Arrow could stand straight. Dark eyes go wide. "Belle would make a good wonder woman! You have the same wavy hair! And curves!" There's a blush after she says that, giving Belle a nervous smile. The question about reading gets an eager nod. "I do! I like reading scientific articles - anything that helps understand the world a little better." It helped with tweaking it as needed. "Or philosphy. Or mythology! Ever since I was little I loved reading about myths and legends. I have studied many of them extensively. So many around the world are similar. Differences usually come down to different cultural perceptions. It's really very fascinating."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“You do that, then let me know what night we’re going out!” totally prepared to join Belle. “Ah, kinda? I’ve heard of one called a New Jersey Turnpike shot, which is whatever is in the bar mat and the bartenders rag, put into a shot glass.” Her mouth curled in disgust, “Not something that I would trecommend. But if you want something with a lot of different alcohols thrown together, I think I know a few.” One thing with traveling like she had, you got to try some weird ass shots.

Blinking a few times, looking a bit confused, “Me? I do?” how’d she do that?

“You know my reading materials and they haven’t changed much.”
    Nothing exciting on her end.

Eyes scan the bar with a frown, “No one that really catches my eye at the moment. But as soon as I find one, not that I need practice.” Most certainly not. Though part of her had to wonder of Phoenyx was just giving her a hard time, trying to get the Shaman to find a guy. Not that she would mind.

“Nothing wrong with controlling your emotions until you, well, can’t. Then it’s like a volcano of emotions and a whole mess.” Have to deal with those things.

“Curves have nothing to do with it. It’s the confidence you put out there wearing the costume. And I believe that technically, anyone can be a superhero. It’s not written in stone that one isn’t Asian. Plus, I’m sure if you Googled it, you’d find a ton.” Cause it was the internet and people loved to cosplay. “Only thing holding you back is yourself.” So there.

Shaking her head at the Arrow, “You don’t want one.” Zero out of ten do not recommend.

Then she got all mushy and Aurora just wasn’t having it, ordering another shot. This one a Kamikaze. Two parts vodka, one part blue curacao(giving the drink a blue tinge and a little more sweetness) and one part lemon juice. Let the games begin!

5. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle stares at Phoenyx with a bit of bemused surprise. "You've never heard the expression 'everything but the kitchen sink'? It's kind of like that: you throw in whatever's on hand." Belle hears Aurora's description of the dreaded New Jersey Turnpike and bursts out laughing. Like full on head down, hand hitting the table. "Oh my gawd! That...I thought all the jokes about New Jersey being trash was just a thing people did on TV. But daaaaaamn!" That last shot may have loosened her up a wee bit more.

"Oh, you know. Birds of a feather and all that." She gives Aurora a sly wink, knowing she'll get the reference.

"I don't know. But you're my Asian superhero." She raises a toast to Phoenyx, smiling broadly. Then Belle gets the mother of all compliments and she freezes, mouth open, for several seconds before squealing like a schoolgirl and wrapping Phoenyx up in a shoulder hug. "Awwwwww! That's the best fucking compliment I've ever had!" Somewhere amongst the alcohol and adrenaline, it's clear Belle really does appreciate the Arrow's words.

The conversation shifts again as Aurora grabs another shot while Phoenyx describes her reading habits.
    ​"Yeah! Rock that nerd shit! What kind of science? Biology? I'm more of a literary criticism/history kind of gal." The talk of mythology prompts her to lean in a bit more to prevent the crowd from drowning out their conversation. "I know, right? Like dragons! Every culture on Earth has some concept of big, flying, fire-breathing lizards running around. What are the odds?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow's face is a picture of horror. "Why would anyone drink that?" she replies, disgusted.

There's a sigh. "I know, I know. I'm glad I have you to help explain them. It was never a big focus for my parents or my tutor while I was growing up. I'm getting better at it, I think."

She thinks for a moment. "I never thought of it like that. I thought it was all about accuracy." She shrugged. Though the compliment made Phoenyx beam with pride. "I'm... not a hero," she managed to say, though it does nothing to detract from how pleased she was at the huge stroking of her ego. She exhales with an "oof!" at the surprise hug, but returns it still smiling happily, resting her head on the Mastigos' shoulder.

When released from the hug, the Arrow looks at her empty glass and frowns, swaying a little. Clearly weighing up getting her next drink or not.
    "Umm, well... physics, biology, astromony." Yep, she said that wrong. "Like, I didn' know that there are lizard bits in our brains, and scientists think if you can tweak them with probes you just fall asleep." She nods "Yes! Exactly. Also tragedy. All cultures seem to have the concept of tragedy but it is interpretted differently by the culture. So like the hero that dies trying to win his love is all over the world."

8. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head, “Nope, but I suppose everyone has a different opinion of the state. I’ve heard it called other things, but that one sticks out.” She’d been Jersey, not her favorite place.

If she got the reference, she didn’t let on.

Eyes widen at the sudden affection flying around, quite happy to take her latest shot, content by herself.

Laughing, “Sometimes it’s a challenge that’s presented and you just drink it. Mostly seen college type guys daring each other to drink it. I did a shot just to show the guy up in front of his buddies.” Shrugging. It was not a yummy drink. Nope.

Nodding, “You are getting better with them.” The Arrow had been working on it.

Seeing the sway, the Shaman decides to not order another shot for the table. But she does get some water for the Arrow, setting it down in front of her.

The topics of dragons and then a hero dying to save his love just gets a blank, uninterested look from her. Dragons were a thing, they could be summoned, but were dangerous and you should proceed with caution. Undying love was a crock of bullshit to her. So she works on finishing her beer.

10. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle's careful not to squish Phoenyx with the side hug, but the Arrow's head on her shoulder makes her feel big and protective. Or maybe it was the buzz from the alcohol settling in. Either way, Belle luxuriates in the physical contact for a few precious seconds before releasing her friend. "Give it time, my friend. We just need to find you a dragon to beat up." She could see Phoenyx being a LOT more comfortable beating up monsters than gushing over drinks.

Aurora shares her story and Belle giggles.
    "What was that guy thinking? I'll be his face was to die for!" Even as the Shaman begins to fade out, Belle recommits to geeking out with Phoenyx. "Right? You'd think there would be more tragedies with dragons in them. Since they're both found in all these different cultures. You know what, maybe we should write a dragon tragedy sometime! I'll bet that would make a sick story."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow pulls a disgusted face when talkign about he drink. Certainly not her idea of showing someone up.

She grins. "Dragons are important. Not sure I would wanna do that." The smile pulls a little wider. "Might be fun though."

There's a shrug. "They were a lot less prommominent in Western myth until later. Still, I'm not sure writing one would work so well nowadays. I'm not super creative."

Phoenyx smiles at her friends. "I'm glad we did this. We should do it more often!" The pulls the hug of Belle and pats Aurora's hand again affectionately... if a little drunkenly.

Sorry for dropping off - shall we ge tthis wrapped up?

13. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread