Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dropping Bodies: Interrogation Round Two

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Jan 24, 2022 : Dropping Bodies: Interrogation
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Milton descends into Elysium, ignoring (as best he can) the glances (and the Beasts) of the ever-present Kindred chorus. His mind is on this evening's goal: to complete the interrogation previously started at Asylum.

He muses on the memory of Mable interacting with the 'cat' as he navigates the space. What did she learn from the creature? There had not been time to share on that previous occasion. Tonight, then, will also be about dissecting that information.

And Angela. Dear Angela. Even now, in the closet. Waiting for his...attentions.

The Lord, unblushed and dressed in one of his many forgettable suits, lets himself into the meeting room they will use for this occasion. Finds a seat at the table and commences to wait for his colleagues. Still lost in thought.

Equipment: Smart Phone, Wallet with cash, small note pad, pen, full-sized sedan (parked outside).

Quinn Durant pisces Jennifer Hazelton Seryna Mable Wood Psychangel
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

2. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn hurried down into the Nox, meeting in one of the offices before moving to the closet and secure cells the Nox boasted. She was wearing a suit she had worn to one informal court. Only this time she wore some polished patent black flats instead of heels. She wasn't fooling anyone around here trying to borrow some heel height! She was short. End of list.

Spotting Milton she smiled, and hefted the messenger bag a bit higher on her shoulder. She had some supplies in case they needed it. Though with Angela's literal beating into torpor, the only thing she truly needed was the stake in her chest removed to be awake and active again. Though the incentive of something to slake that burning thirst was always on the table and just a phone call away. That's what herd was for after all.

"Good evening Whip Northbridge." She smiled warmly to Milton, and it actually reached her eyes.

Equipment: Messenger Bag, strike anywhere matches, lighter fluid-the squirt-able kind, money clip with cash, cell phone, tracking devices, Laptop.

4. Likes Endymion liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable rushes through the doors at nox. She is wearing her black pentagram dress and black high heeled boots. She came downstairs and found the others. Miltons beast gave her pause for just a moment as she calmed her own. He was not the prey.

"Good evening, Reeve." She gave a deep nod to Quinn. "Evening, Whip Northbridge" she said to milton.

She put her phone into her handbag and pulled out her paper and pen.

Equipment: handbag, phone, apple watch, hairspray, lighter, money, credit card, pen and paper.

6. Likes Endymion liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had considered what was going to be needed for this evenings activities. Mostly the tools of the trade which would assist her work. Yet she wasn't allowed to carry them past the checkpoint and she was a law abiding kindred. More to the point, Jennifer was proud to be oath sworn to obey the laws.
    Liam dropped off the small leather backpack that Jennifer had been seen around before at the coat check, safely checking in the combat knife from Nosferatu who taught her knife fighting, Liam's own knife and a mace canister. Jennifer no longer walks around unarmed outside of Elysium with current events.

"Reeve." Jennifer gave the Reeve a bow. Her eyes ticked to Mable, noting the nod.
    "Whip Northbridge." A nod befitting his status.
    A slight, much more shallow acknowledgement to Ms. Woods.
    "Miss Woods."

Jennifer wore her reinforced clothes from her time as the Reeve's assistant: leather trench coat with special panels over the chest, abdomen and back as outerwear. Black stitching mended a tear on the arm. Green wool sweater, grey pants, grey running shoes.
    Liam was dressed for work as well in athletic clothing, running shoes and a leather coat to repel claw marks if needed.

Equipment on her: Asus and bag from former Reeve Grayson, Go bag with emergency breakout tool with seatbelt cutter and window breaker, print out of the report of the bodies, thumbtacks, a city map, a road map of California, duct tape, water bottle with water, black towel, mag light flashlight, burner phone, new wallet with a few small bills, watch with two alarms set ( one 2 hours until dawn, a second timer for ten minutes after that alarm), the same notebook with the observations of the cryptid, pens, sedan car.

Leather backpack with 3 weapons checked in per the law
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

8. Likes Endymion liked this post

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

"Reeve Durant," Milton answers with an equally pleasant smile and a deep nod. As he is seated, a bow is not possible at present. "I hope you are well. Please, join me." Indicating the table.

Not for the first time, the Lord is struck by Quinn's beauty. Though it may not affect him in the way it does others, he is still quite capable of admiring her. As one might admire a striking piece of art.

Just as Quinn has entered, Mable appears.

"Ms. Wood, good evening to you." His smile becoming a touch more...formal with the Savage's arrival. The nod he offers is equally perfunctory. Perhaps it his internal struggle with the Beast...

Finally: Jennifer. His smile regaining some of its warmth, he inclines his head in another gesture of respect: "Lady Notary Hazelton, welcome."

Once everyone is settled, he turns his gaze to Mable again. "Shall we begin by discussing what was...communicated by the cat during our last meeting?"

He pulls out his notepad and pen, seemingly eager to hear what Mable had learned.

10. Likes liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening Hierophant Wood." Quinn intoned politely with a smile.

"Good evening Ms. Hazelton." She said with a little wink and grin for Jennifer. Happy to see her as always.

She nodded with Milton's suggestion. It was a good one.

"I agree with Whip Northbridge. Hierophant Wood, can you please run us through what you gleaned from our feline friend?" Quinn pulled out her lap top , to take some notes, and update any she was lacking. "Also, anything picked up from the club location you were staking out?" She asked, and then looked to Milton and Jennifer. "Anything on your ends with your assignments too, please chime in." She said with a smile.

"For my part I didn't learn to much more except the name Ashea, and they think we are hunters. Still waiting for Ms. Perez and Co to check in with information on what they are selling out of the shop."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

When Jennifer entered Mable gave her a nod of respect, "Good evening, Priscus Hazelton."

Mable took a moment to think about the cat's communications.

"It's a male that the cat works with. The man feeds the cat fish. Then the man gets what he needs from the cat. He calls the cat to different places. He's been calling for the cat, even now. The man lives near a pond with falling water. He smells like flower that aren't there, ummm false flowers? And he is sometimes with others who smell like shut ins who don't see light."

Mable thinks again, licks her hand and runs it over her head. "Sorry, a little hard translating from cat. The man needs what the cat takes from the weak. It's not blood but life energy. I'm not really sure what the cat meant. But the cat also didn't understand the word controlling, so i'm not sure if the cat is being controlled or how it's being called. But, well I can call animals to me. So maybe the same way I call them? If that's so then the cat is only doing things of it's own free will."

Shifting gears, "I looked into the Rapture. There is a backroom I couldn't physically go into. It has guards. But I was able to see into the room. On a table there was a spreadsheet from Forten Holdings LLC. On a paper there was a message...Expecting Gillian Keibler to accept a shipment tomorrow evening. There was a woman there with an attractive brown haired man. I would recognize them both if I saw them again."

13. Likes liked this post
    Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 
      ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

"Ms. Hazelton." Jennifer stated, giving the Reeve a look.

The Nosferatu took a seat besides Whip Northbridge. Jennifer took out her notebook and took notes on what Hierophant Wood had stated. Jennifer glanced to each Kindred for a moment, ensuring that each had completed giving their account. Jennifer gave her account in a calm, although Cursed voice.

"As I mentioned at Asylum, my research of creatures that show this cryptid's intelligence and reactions suggest a familiar. A type of creature called to a witch. Although I would like to continue our conversation, Heirophant Wood, on if you have occult tomes on the subject that I can study. I did follow a woman, who calls herself Lottie, looking for the captured Angela earlier. I mentioned all that she did before, so the pertinient information is that she tracked to where there was the altercation ourselves and the two departed gentlemen had with Angela."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Unblinking eyes track between Jennifer and Quinn. The faux pas obvious to Milton's ears. Had the Reeve meant to demote Hazelton by title? A slip of the tongue? Milton can't help but think about the Lady Notary's similar...accident at a recent Court. Would she now forgive Quinn as Milton had forgiven her own misnomer?

When Mable begins, his attention returns to her. He scribbles elliptical notes on the pad. More cues for his memory than anything substantial, anything that might prove...incriminating.

He looks to Jennifer, "And do these...witches always require the 'life energy' of others? Or is this a unique instance?" Milton is out of his depth here. Vampires he can accept. After all, he's one of them. But witches? Must he admit that all manner of ghouls and ghosts are real?

"As you know, I returned to the Wrangler. A site of one of the...incidents. There, I met a gentleman named Roderick Singer." Milton produces the man's business card and sets it on the table. "He'd been visiting the bar frequently, waiting on Angela," a wry twist of his lips. "He was well aware of the recent death in the bar. He asked me to keep an eye open for his...friend."

A pause, then: "He invited me to meet up with him and a few acquaintances, a man and two women, at the Rapture. He also suggested I bring along friends of my own, for whatever reason..."

16. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened to the others. She was trying to put together the information.

"What did Lottie and Roderick look like? I'm wondering if they were the ones I saw."

She tilted her head as she tried to figure out the meaning of the life energy. If it wasn't blood, what could it be? Mable knew of other mythical monsters. Could they be one of the individuals they were looking for?

3 successes

She looked at Milton, "Witches? What do you mean specifically? As a Crone, I have been called a witch. Is that what you meant?"

18. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread