Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Tuppence for Your Thoughts

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

"A Warlock who 'doesn't do Halloween'? I'm not sure whether I should be shocked or give points for breaking stereotypes." Belle thinks for a moment about her ideal costume. "Sherlock wouldn't be half bad. But I really want to try Disneybounding. It's like dressing up normally, but in Disney color palettes! Maybe something Cinderella themed? Or Merryweather?" She looks to Crystal. "What! I like blue."

As her fellow Mastigos continues to push his own feelings deeper, Belle is torn between frustration and concern. Even if he's the Councilor, we've got to help each other out sometimes. "Crystal, this isn't me being overbearing. This is me wanting to make sure you're processing a friend going away. It's not quite the same as losing him for good, but I know the feeling...and it sucks." Though in her case, it was her step-siblings moving away for other adventures. "Apology accepted. Just...remember we're in this together, right?" ​She softens up just a bit, resisting the urge to sock Crystal again...gently.

The subject of her own family doesn't really make Belle angry though. It stops her in her tracks as she swirls her drink a bit in her hand and just stares down into the glass for a few solid seconds. "No..." The smile is gone now, replaced by a sad line as her lips seem to glue themselves together. Finally though, they come apart. "At least, not for a while. My dad and I...we had a falling out before I left. Actually, it was because of that falling out that I left." She exhales a sigh as the weight comes off her chest. "I try to reach out discreetly, but that's tough to do when Scrying is a thing. I try to meet up with my step-siblings every so often, but they're usually globetrotting or some shit." She feels a bit guilty as that last curse word leaves her mouth. Not because there was any particular venom in it; but she feels like she's lashing out at a friend. "It's complicated, but in a good way. I guess. It's not like he's turned evil or becoming a lich. We just had a parting of the ways."

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, what can I say? I'm one of a kind." Crystal frowned as Belle described Disneybounding - intellectually he could wrap his head around it but.. "So you'd wear a blue top with blue pants and hope people get that you're hinting at Cinderella? I don't get it. Also, I feel obliged to tell you that the mouse and my folk aren't on great terms." He shrugged. He didn't want to spoil her fun, nor did he want to have a political debate. "But hey, blue really does suit you, so: more power to you."

He tried to take another sip when he noticed to his frustration that the bottle was empty. Fuck. "Thanks, but making the decision what constitutes as proper progressing is you being overbearing. I'm a grown-ass man and your self-help mantras aren't a one-size-fits-all solution." He was also kinda done with apologizing for that. He liked Belle, but he liked himself more. He had his way of coping, one that has been working for the last 30 years or so.

Talking about her past he could do. She was offering, after all. But there was this layer of vigilance in his tone now. "Well sorry to hear that. That sucks. And I hope that you two can iron this out soon. In my opinion some people put too much value in family relations. I mean, that is the one kind of relationship you can't choose yourself. But that's just my bitter ass talking."
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Crystal just keeps finding ways to bring Belle down. Suggest a fun costume choice: get dragged down by politics and blurred context. Try encouraging a friend to open up: shut that shit down. Takes you opening up and just flaunts how bitter and cynical you've become...
    3 successes

Belle doesn't hear the voice from the ring...all she can hear is the weary war-wrecked Magi from her old Circle. So tired. So angry. So full of themselves that they couldn't see that they lived in a world where any injury, any hurt, could heal with time and will and someone to bear those burdens. Belle had been angry at them once. But she's learned since then.

All she has room for now is pity.

​"It's more about myself having fun than anybody else." Belle shrugs with as few fucks given as possible. "If somebody calls out the connection, cool. If not, I spend time making myself look pretty and get to show off."

She sees Crystal's empty bottle, and after holding a look of neutral consideration she grabs another one from the fridge. But she holds onto it for just long enough for Crystal's hand to tug on it.
    "Grown ass men can be wrong, you know." Or just an ass. ​She releases her hand so Crystal can retrieve his drink. "Apology accepted. Let's move on." Grown ass women finished fights. And if Crystal wanted to push his grumpiness on Belle, he would find himself a quick exit.

"I was lucky with my family; even though we were blended we all got along really well. We looked out for each other, learned from one another. It's what made what happened suck so much." Belle downs the last of her own glass, but doesn't go for another just yet. She just looks over at Crystal with a crooked smile. "We'll get there in time. For now, I want to keep becoming a better Mage. And you're stuck with me while that happens." She finally goes to get a second glass. "But hey, doesn't mean we can't learn to have fun, right?" ​She gets an idea, lightbulb eyes going off. ​"Hey, do you dance?"

6. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal wasn't an empath, but this isn't what he had in mind when he came over. "I know I'm not right. But this is right for me, right now." And when he finally gets his second beer it frankly doesn't taste all that good. Because now there was this elephant in the room that he'd rather get tipsy than mushy. And that just pushed the whole situation from 'ambiguous' to 'sad'. Whatever.

Whelp, looked like Belle had a similar stubbornness to Kaze, the insistence on being positive. "Glad to hear that and glad you're sticking around." And while he meant it, this was him flying in social auto-pilot. Mostly. He wasn't really feeling this anymore. "Yeah I dance, but mostly freestyle. When I'm in the mood. Why?"

8. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle takes the whole situation in; this wasn't the situation she'd planned on either. But maybe this was part of who they were as Warlocks: social creatures who didn't take shit from anyone. Even each other. She doesn't respond to Crystal's deneument to their little tizzy. She's not about to die on this hill just yet. Damn, girl. Why you gotta be so ready to jump on the pyre?

The beers go around again and the conversation seems to dip down a little from its sharp peak. The smoldering emotions between the two Magi quenched in the name of polite friendship. But Belle isn't mad. She's sure she and Crystal will have plenty of opportunities to bicker down the road. ​"Freestyle, huh? Well, we should head out to a club sometime and cut a rug. You know, when you're in the mood. No pressure." She stretches out a hand for a shake. "I want our friendship to be something ruled by fun, not bogged down in differences."

Ready to close if you are. Thanks for a fun Scene!

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal took Belle's hand and shook it - he was flying a bit in diplomatic auto-pilot mode right now. Not that he didn't value Belle (he absolutely did!) but why should she manage something a handful of tried-and-ditched attempts at therapy couldn't do? He simply wasn't the guy for sudden and deep introspection or feeling-sharing. "I hear you. So yeah, let's do that some time. I think I might have to go, though. Thanks for the beer and the hospitality."

He didn't feel the need to apologize. Hell, she shouldn't have insisted on her Oprah-moment. But he held no grudge either. Next time they could start fresh again and put the plan of a fun-ruled friendship in motion. Hooray for denial!

Thanks for the scene!

11. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

"Hey. Thanks for the visit, Crystal." Belle takes the handshake tight and smiles. She's glad she's got somebody like Crystal to keep her sharp.

Thanks again! Happy to be a part of it

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread