Flickering lights in the middle of the night. I'm walking down the street. There is darkness in the distance. It seems far away at first, but the longer I look at it, the more I realize that it is moving, engulfing everything in its wake. I turn and begin running the opposite way. Faster. I need to move faster. Still, it moves just behind me and a sense of helplessness begins to set in. Light upon light disappears from the headlamps above. Houses dissipate from sight.

Darkness is not a bad thing, it just means the absence of light. Why must the dark be a sign of evil?

But I'm scared.

Don't be.

I keep running. It isn't until what feels like a hand touches my shoulder. It's scorching hot. Unwillingly, I let myself be engulfed by the darkness and all around me is suddenly inverse. Time feels strange, as if I'm standing and breathing in slow motion.

Don't be afraid. Embrace it.

A scene flashes before my eyes.

I'm waking up next to John and I take a moment to gaze upon his sleeping form. Somehow, he manages to stay asleep. Unusual. I carefully and quietly slip out of bed to head downstairs. Its bright downstairs. The dreaded daystar breathing life and warmth upon everything it touches. It hurts my eyes, having to adjust to the brightness. I look toward the kitchen for a time from the stove. Only noon?

Aria is just standing in the middle of the kitchen staring at me and I cock my head to the side, staring back. The slightest hint of a mew and suddenly I'm back in the strange darkness.

Time to wake up.

Cassandra wakes with a slight fright. What had happened? The majority of her dream isn't as lucid as usual, but that piece of the dream she'd had. The vision... Strange. It all felt strange.

She looks next to her, viewing the sleeping John next to her. Unusual that he'd sleep through her waking. No matter. Maybe some tea will help her relax.

Slipping out of bed, she heads downstairs. Her eyes hurt as they try to get used to the brightness of the sun. It's warm in the room though, at least. Not something she usually enjoys, but for now, it's nice.

She goes to look for the time when she sees Aria in the kitchen, her now nearly full grown kitten staring at her expectantly.

It felt odd in a way. Why? Because she'd experienced this just moments before. Hadn't she? Surely it's just her imagination playing tricks on her. But an inkling inside of her says differently. What had happened before was real, but so is this.

Déjà vu? Maybe.

Maybe...