Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Know what she decided to do? Since the weather was warming up a bit and she felt like getting out, she did what Winter said he enjoyed. So, throwing on some workout pants, a tank top and a baggy sweat shirt over it, she headed out.

She was at a basketball court! No, she’s not good at it, but she doesn’t care. This was a chance to get out, enjoy the weather and hang out with Winter. Who despite his stoic and antisocial vibe, she enjoyed the company of.

So a text had been sent to him, inviting to come play if he felt like it.

If he didn’t? At least so tried and got out of her loft to exercise. So not a total loss.

With ear buds in, she attempted to dribble the ball and make some baskets. None of which were successful, but she was trying.
    Vincent Winter

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

One of the perks of unemployment retirement was that you could get to play wherever and whenever you wanted.
    And he certainly couldn't shy away from her invite.

He observes her movements for a few second, like Shodan, she could be faking it. After all, she was in a much better shape than he was.
    Eventually he audibly enters the court, letting the gate slam.
    "First to 15?", he asks with a smug expression.

3. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her music wasn’t very loud for just that reason, hearing the gate. Stopping the ball, popping out an ear bud, she smiled,

“Hey! Glad you could make it!” and she seem happy to see him.

“15 huh?” looking to the hoop and then back, “Doesn’t sound too hard, well, if I had made any of my practice shots anyways.” But shrugs in amusement and bounces the ball to him. “15 it is.” Worse thing could be embarrassing herself. But hell, life was short.

“How you been?”

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Pretty good. Been picking some new tricks", he says with a smug while getting closer. "Ladies first", he nods at the hoop.
    "What about you. Heard you've been busy yourself"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh? New tricks?” she asks, “From that smug look they must be pretty damn good ones.” Good for him, she thinks.

He would say ladies first. So she bounces the ball a few times, looking from the ball to the basket, not knowing how this was going to go. But what do you know?! She actually made it! There was a brief look of surprise, and then hands go above her head as she grins. Maybe she doesn’t give herself enough credit.

“Me? Pretty busy.” She confirms with a nod, “Between diving into learning different languages, I’m closing in on my second Masters.” She had been busting her ass for that and was a bit proud of it. “But I’m trying to balance all that with getting out more. The whole all work and no play thing.” Wasn’t healthy.

4 successes

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Welp, she made it look so effortless. He had been right in assuming she was feigning, after all she was a professional dancer, the kind of skills that easily translate into being a good shot.

Despite the age, he's still good enough to catch the rebound and perform a dunk. He remains attached to the hoop for a second, watching the world from above, it always relaxes him. Eventually he lets go, falling to the ground.

"Eh", he breathes heavily, testament to years dedicated to the practice of diligent self poisoning, "you're good", whether he's talking about her studies or her game remains unsaid. "To be fair there's not much to do lately, I've been studying myself"
    They've just started and he's already 2 points short.

He begins dribbling the ball, juggling it with the right, moving closer to her as to invite an attack.

2 successes

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle, “See, now you’re just showing off.” She jokes, but sounded impressed. Did she have the height for it? Maybe. But she wasn’t about to try. Catching the ball, she bounces it a few times before trying for another basket. This one wasn’t as on point as before, but it still went in, and she’d take it.

She could go into the whole smoking is bad thing, but she won’t. Instead shrugging off the compliment.

“You’re right on that, it’s been quiet lately.” Bouncing the ball a few times, “And I haven’t figured out if it’s a good thing or not.” It could go either way with their world. “Any exciting subjects? I’ve built myself a little library at my loft, mostly languages, but if those interest you, let me know.” She’d let him use the library. Would that trust bite her in the ass? That remained to be seen.

2 successes

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Her shot gets through despite his best effort. He stoically stares at her before he dives for the ball, which she defends by masterfully avoiding his lunge.
    He smirks.
    "Sure, I appreciate the offer. Besides, last time I checked your apartment had quite the terrace. Pretty good place to relax with a book", he shrugs, "I've been studying some technical stuff. With the energy crisis, you know"
    The ball is still in her court.

1 success

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was starting to see why basketball was enjoyable. Little bit of exercise with a little bit of skill.
    The smirk was matched by one of her own.

“Oh the terrace is perfect for relaxing. Especially with the weather warming up, I highly recommend it. Should come by sometime.” Moving a bit with the ball before making a shot.

“This is actually quite fun.” She didn’t think she’d be having fun.

“Always good to get into the technical stuff, never know when you’ll need it. I think some people let the technical stuff slide in favor of the more exciting and flashy things.” Shrugging, “I know I used to.” It was less about how she could be useful and more about being impressive.

2 successes

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Bet she didn't expect the intercept. He leaps from his spot surprising even himself, stopping her shot dead in its track. Careful however to not fall on her.
    He move closer, giving her his back while bouncing the ball, protecting it with his body.
    He's clearly challenging her, increasing the stakes of the competition and prompting her to call.
    "Not too shabby, Maddie", he smiles. "Technical stuff can be quite impressive too", he says between breaths, "I'll take up your offer and accept the invite. You know, there's been something I've been willing to try, but I need someone to cover my back"

5 successes

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread