Henry waited at the designated interesection, which happened to be a simple news stand. He hoped Jordan would be able to follow the more-cryptic-than-usual directions, while at the same time hoping 'smiling bandit' wouldn't. He took the same appearance he wore the first few times both of them met, and took his time selecting a few reading choices from the newsstand's selection. Magazines, a few tabloids... Meeting time was soon, but he still wanted to look inconspicuous.

Jordan had actually parked on the next block, and passed through a small thrift shop from back door to front. No one "following breadcrumbs." He came out through the front door, he looked to his left and saw the newsstand. He strolled up, not in a hurry, dressed in non-descript slacks and a pullover Aran sweater. He started to browse the titles not far from Henry, and reached for a copy of Smithsonian.

Henry's own outfit consisted of a pair of bog-standard blue jeans, and a plaid work shirt. He continues perudsing the selection, adding a copy of TIME magazine to the few other publications under his arm. Once Jordan approaches, Henry continues sifting through the shelves' contents, but turns his head juuuuuust enough to make eye contact. Once he's established that minor little connection, he motions his head to one side, away from the hubbub. Ah, the alleys. Best place to be to talk.

Both of Jordan's eyes closed and opened slowly in acknowledgement. He took a quick look at the magazine's table of contents, then moved to the newsie to buy it. Then he moved slowly towards the alleys, looking absorbed at the magazine's T of C.

Once Jordan is walking away, Henry pays for the titles under his arm, adding Cosmo at the last minute. He puts his change into his pocket while walking at pace that's just above normal walking, to be able to walk side-by-side with Jordan, and into the city's entrails. He motions down the narrow street, and once both of them are out of sight of general traffic, he simply says, "Thanks for meeting me here." His purchawses are neatly tucked under his arm, to be perused later.

He nodded. Closing the magazine, he snapped in under one arm as well. "Strictly no problem. What's cooking?"

Henry keeps walking, taking a look over his shoulder as he does so. The expression 'Too careful' is an impossibility in the man's mind. "I have a little job to do, and quite frankly the eyes are overworked. I thought you might be interested. Answer me this : how well do you know your bosses? Doctor Primoria, and her assistant Starling?"

Jordan raised an eyebrow. What can be said without violating secrecy. Heavens, the irony. "I've only been here a short while. I don't know Dr. Primoria well, except to know that she's about 10 IQ points ahead of about anyone I know. She is deadly serious about her duties. I've never met Starling."

Henry nodded. She's easy on the eyes, too. But that wasn't proper to say. "Good enough. This is about the man, Starling. He's been gone for a few weeks now. Either he's taken an unplanned vacation," Henry offers as his first option, filling the two last words with disgust, "or something worse. We need to know what's what. Interested?"

Jordan nodded. "Sure. But you'd be wise to check with her before doing any poking around. She is sensitive to protocol, and all of us in the Order are sensitive about privacy."

Henry let the corner of his mouth curl into a little shadow of a smile. Oh yeah, protocol and privacy. He knew that part of the woman first-hand. "Already done. We can start with the man's home, and move on to his offices if we don't find anything."For some reason, he much preferred 'the man' to 'Starling'. It just felt weird using a name like that in the street. "We can start by tomorrow."

The young Mystagogue reached into a trouser pocket and pulled a small appointment book. As he opened it, he thought: Maybe it is just as well to have a Wing on the case, in case Starling left something that the Order should guard. Aloud, he said: "I have a conference call on a couple of Elizabeth Barrett's letters at 7 tomorrow morning. Should take half an hour. Then I'm clear."

Henry thought for a few seconds. Academia early in the morning, oh joy. "The best time would be the evening. There's a doorman, but I can play the role of Starling, and you can be the good Samaritan taking me home after a few too many drinks. We go up, get in, and do what we have to do." One of his hands made a small finger-waving motion, like tapping on a keyboard, and he added, "I'd like to keep it under three hours."

"It sounds like a plan." Jordan replied. It would give him plenty of time to prepare.

"Perfect," Henry answered. "Say, 9 PM tomorrow, at the corner of *STREET* and *STREET*. We'll be about a block off-target from there. Plan B is to force one of the delivery doors, but getting in legitimately would be better."He digs into his jeans pocket to retrieve his own little black book, and pulls a picture from out of the back cover. "I'll look like this, so don't expect my current handsome face." There's a certain sarcasm to his last sentence, but whether or not it's genuine is as uncertain as anything else about the man. ((The picture is, of course, a picture of Starling))

Jordan took a good look. He had a pretty good memory. Then he nodded again with a little smile at the sarcasm.

Henry pointed down another alley, and started in that direction."Any other business, or are we all good until tomorrow?"

"No, that'll about do it. Stay safe."

Back into the jacket the photograph went. "You too," Henry answers, before turning away to walk down another path. "See you tomorrow." He still had a few things to do, after all, before rushing in.