Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

An evening's company

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

PRE

Chloe Xan had seem some dumps for apartments, but this one… well, it didn’t really take the cake, but it certainly placed.

The things I do for pretty dick, she mused to herself, looking over the bare walls. The place barely looked lived in – a kitchen that looked like it might have never even been used it was so clean, a living room that didn’t even have a couch, just some chairs and a small coffee table, and over all of it a strange sense of… not life. Her professors had always told her she was observant about people, and as a law student, she figured she sort of had to be. Reading people and situations was part and parcel of being a lawyer and she had big dreams of being a bigshot; which is why every red flag was going up in her brain as she followed Robert – not Bobby, no, Robert past the immaculate living room.

Where was the strewn about pillows? Where was the leftover plate or even the smell of cleaner in anticipation of inviting someone over? Hell, some part of her noted, where was the fucking television? That, if anything, seemed to stand out to her as the most strange. No TV, no X box, no computer desk… nothing. What the hell did this guy do for fun? Clearly, it wasn’t video games or cooking… or… anything, really?

Her hands slipped into her pocket, keying open her phone with practiced ease. She was not going to be the next axe murder victim, no sir, she reflected, though the sight of the guest room which had been turned into a veritable library did give her pause. It was, strangely, the only sign of life in the entire place – and dominated by the drafting table with various drawings of buildings from around the city. There was… precious little art to those drawings, but it was clear that he was some kind of draftsman. That, at least, seemed to give her some kind of relief that this was not a disposable murder-apartment.

“Robert…” she asked, grinning. “Are you a murderer? Am I getting a big death tonight, hopefully after many little ones?”

Her professors also said she had the tact of a wet brick. Oh well, no one was perfect.

“I am,” he admitted, turning back to her, “but you are safe with me.”

That answer both intrigued her and terrified her in equal measure, but if there was one thing that could be said of her, she led with her mouth.

“Soooo are we talking some kinky roleplay shit or….” She trailed off, her grin faltering a little as he turned to face her as he entered the bedroom. This, this at least felt like a room that was lived in. The heavy blackout curtains were pulled back revealing a decent view of the city. The small laptop hummed softly on what was obviously a work desk, strewn about with various papers and… was that a quill?

At least the massive four poster bed looked lavish. Maybe there was some handcuffs in her future…

“No,” he admitted, and for a moment she could have sworn she watched his skin pale. “I’m afraid, Ms. Xan, I’ve invited you here under some false pretenses.”

“Fuck,” she sighed, her hand slipping back to her phone as she got ready to trigger her panic button.

Stop,” he commanded, and for reasons she couldn’t explain, her entire body just… froze.

“I am… taking a chance on you,” he said quietly and now, somehow, she was certain that his skin had paled to an unhealthy white. “Go. Sit.” He ordered, and she railed against the thoughts even as she took one of the sitting room chairs that adorned the corner of the bedroom.

“My name is not Robert Quartermain,” he explained quietly. “Truth be told, I don’t entire remember what my birth name was anymore, but I know I was born in 1521 among the grandeur of Henry the Eighth’s Court…”

------

Some time later, the mental commands had worn off as Robert explained the realities of the world to her and yet she remained glued to the chair as if his domination had still ruled her mind.

“A fuck-mothering vampire,” she said, incredulously.

“Yes,” he replied dryly, more than a little wryly amused by her turn of phrase even if he didn’t understand the reference.

“Why me?” She asked. “I’m…. a fuck up. I’m no body. Like… half my professor think I am sucking and fucking my way through law school and they’re maybe half, no a quarter, right.”

“There are parts of this I am not telling you yet,” he replied frankly. “But… I am patient. And you are important, even if you do not yet see it yourself.”

Xan got up, pacing the length of the small room. “And you’re… what… offering me a job?”

“Of a sort,” he replied. “A… symbiosis, more like. I need your help, and in exchange you receive some of the… fringe… benefits of being attached to our organization. And as my star rises once again, yours will as well.”

“Ok, I get that,” she replied, her dark eyes showing the quick intellect behind that. “But like… what… do you want me to do?”

“Serve,” he answered quietly as he rose, quirking an eyebrow at the burst of laughter that came from her.

“I knew this was some kinky shit,” she answered, trying to control her laughter.

Kneel,” he commanded, and her legs answered him before the rest of her could.

A tiny tremor of thrilled terror ran through her and, despite herself, she laughed. “This is better than a roller coaster,” she commented as his too-cold hands took her neck in his palm, tilting her head to one side as he fangs found her throat.

“I knew this was ki-“ she had enough presence to repeat before she lost herself in waves of pleasure as he fed from her, her own surprised sounds of pleasure ripping out of her with a volume and effort that would’ve put an adult film star to shame.

After endless eternities of that bliss, she felt him pull back and guide her, dazed and weak, to his own wrist which he’d slit open. There was a single moment where she had a distant, logical, revulsion to the idea before her lips were on his skin and the almost drug-like haze of his vitae overtook her.

For once, they both thought in their own ways, she remained silent as the change overtook her.

Blood Potency
    R Quartermain
    Stats

Health:
    Monthly Avg. Vitae: 5
    Current Vitae:
    WP:
    Armor: 1/2
    Defense: 3
    Initiative: 8
    Speed: 9
    Tracker

R Quartermain Scenes

()Vitae 1 Willpower Spent
    PRE

Bookkeeping: one vitae and one willpower to make a ghoul!

Closed Thread