Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2202) Jack and Mable

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I do," the Lord replied as he stepped away from other social circles.

Continued from (2202) Formal Court...

Blood Hunt:

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave him a warm smile, "Thank you."

"I wanted to apologize for my entrance last court. I probably should have stayed home since I was so distracted. But that is no excuse. I wanted to let you know that I have reached out to Priscus Twist who is mentoring me, to work on entrances and introductions. I...words can't cover how embarrassed I am. I do however, would like to offer a trivial boon as an apology."
    Her words carried an unfettered sincerity. And she hoped the offer was the correct level. Maybe something else to ask Twist about.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

A part of him felt sorry for her. She was caught up in a web of political tip-toeing and she simply wasn't proficient in it for whatever reason. His lingering doubt, his frustration that she might be so specifically targeting him with the incessant disrespect washed away as he listened to her words and watched her actions. "Trivial boons are for fleeting mistakes," the Lord responded, "Yours seem to be of chronic nature."

"I'm not entirely convinced you've worked out your mistake. I'm assuming that your outreach to the Archon is to resolve that in the near future?" The Lord left an inflection of a question at the end, but his pace in conversation resolved it to be simply a statement. "The Archon entertained teaching you matters of Invictus decorum to avoid the frequent pitfalls you seem to find yourself in. The issue at hand, however, is not an offense from a failure in that decorum." His eyes glanced around the room as he had not seen her arrive yet. "It is basic decorum of the Domain. Something you should be quite familiar with given your tenure."

The Lord's eyes narrowed on Mable, what she was doing and the fact she was still around. He's said it before about the savage: her tenacity was unquestionably admirable... at least to him. "I'll give you yet another opportunity, Ms Wood. Assuming all of Her Grace's court is present, I would like you to state each of our names with appropriate Domain titles. Lastly, I would like you to state them in the order of hierarchy. Each one that you state incorrectly you will offer a minor boon to." His wrist flips to reveal his palm, "If you get them all correct I'll accept your trivial boon, but as I stated before- that would not absolve any offense you may have caused your Priscus."

"If you feel like this opportunity is too much of a gamble to you, your other option is to take up residence in the Barrens until your Priscus is confident that this was your final faux pas," His other hand opened to leave the Lord in a stance to ask Mable to make her choice, "If you'd like a hint, it would start with the Prince."

Blood Hunt:

4. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable knew she shouldn’t have come last court, she was really too distracted to remember the titles. She was embarrassed but she was here now, trying to make amends. She respected and liked Jack. They had worked well together in the past even with them being so very different. She really wished he could understand she was trying but even if he knew, it wouldn’t change things, she screwed up. Her priorities needed to be more on decorum and less on helping keep the domain and those within safe.

“I can’t afford to live in the barrens, I have a farm I need to keep running. So I will take the minor boons as they may happen. Okay, here is my attempt…

Prince Alessandra Antinori, Priscus of the Gangrel
    I was told to refer to her as your grace or her grace.

Seneschal Jack, Priscus of the Ventrue
    Do you have a preferred title to call you?

Now I am a bit confused about whether the Reeve or the Hound comes next. But I will give it a go…

Reeve Durant, Priscus of the Mehket

Hound, Archon Twist Priscus of the Daeva
    She said I should use your grace or her grace for her also or Archon, Hound, or Priscus Twist.

Priscus Hazelton, Priscus of the Nosferato

Is there a preferred order for the Prisci?”

She waited to see what she did wrong. She had gone home after the last court and practiced but had wanted to check with Twist. Also, she needed to learn more about boons and what level worked for what things. All she could do was try. She just wasn’t a political being in any sort of way.

6. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord listened first and noted the questions before urging Mable to continue. He did not interrupt, he did not correct when others might have been tempted to. His eyes briefly traced to Jennifer followed by a shallow nod to acknowledge the curtsy.

"With the hierarchy you've provided, I would imagine you would choose to display different signals of respect that would diminish in depth and effort as you moved down the list, yes?" It might have felt like a trick question when in the spotlight, but it really wasn't. This was an opportunity to learn and get it right, instead of leaving this constant of the Domain to keep tripping into the same pitfalls. It was also an opportunity for others to learn from the situation as there were many new faces in town- and even more that couldn't differentiate Invictus politics from plain old Kindred politics.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes. I would like to be able to do the correct greeting and acknowledgement of respect to each station." She tried but she knew she wasn't doing things quite right, getting confused over the different titles each person had and in which situations to do what. Like with Twist, when she thought it through she knew she wasn't right under the Prince but it always seemed like she was next in line because she was here for so long and was an elder. Therefore, a lesson, even one so publicly displayed was a blessing to her. And the fact that Jack was willing to take his valuable time out to teach her anything was wonderful.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He listened as she responded. What she would like... as if she wasn't fully capable. "You don't have the luxury of liking to do something. It is something you must do correctly."

"Last month, you did not seem aware that a Seneschal is the right hand of the Prince. You seem more aware of that tonight." The Lord watched over Mable, making sure whatever unease she had was not serving as a distraction to her, "Your other questions, regarding order of officers or Priscii: Court officers are higher than the Priscii and domain reputation matters. Alder Archon Twist is respected in this domain and Reeve Durant is valued. This means Alder Archon Twist would come before the Reeve. If there is a tie of sorts in position and reputation then it doesn't matter much. Try to have a logical basis for the decision you make. For example, if one was an Alder and the other was not... or simply time in the position." He paused for a moment, and eyed Mable with a look to ensure understanding.

"As far as use of titles and addresses go, I only heard two corrections that are not something I would require you to offer a boon for. First, Archon and Hound mean the same thing. Use one or the other but not both. Secondly, Lady Notary Hazelton has expressed on more than one occasion that she wishes to be addressed as such. This would help with not being redundant in her address." Once again another pause to check for understanding.

"All in all, that means you need to offer a minor to Reeve Durant and to Archon Twist for the misplacement of each. Remember that these are offers and offers may be declined. Seeing as the Archon has not yet arrived this evening, you will likely need to also explain why you are making such an offer." A twist of his wrist gestured his hand towards Mable, "Do you or any prying ears have any questions?"

This lesson was free for the audience, but future mistakes by any of them would be costly.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I have no questions currently. Thank you for the lesson. I will follow up with Archon Twist and Reeve Durant to offer minor boons. I would like to off a minor boon to you also for the mistake from last court and the time you have taken tonight." In general Mable tried to keep her words to a minimum.

[

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded at her thanks and following the offer he considered it for a moment.

His eyes traced across Mable simply taking it in for the long pause. It would be easier to accept it and move on, but it just kept coming back to confidence and history. The night would end the way it began: with refusing a boon. "I decline," the Lord responded. "What I want instead is for this to be the last time you insult any officer of this Court. I accept nothing short of that."

The Lord's gaze did not falter from Mable as he then quietly waited for any retort before retiring for the evening.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a simple nod, "Thank you, Seneschal. Have a good evening." ​She did what she felt was right. She hadn't meant any harm but there was harm. She would try to not let it happen again.

Closed Thread