Mantle (Autumn)
    (Shadows, heat and ringing metal)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK
    A shorter, barrel chested man with a thick beard.

MEIN
    A 'dwarf' with burned, scorched, and scarred skin.

PRE

Smith

"Eh."

Anatole grunted, his eyes flickering in response to Worm's question. The burned dwarf's mouth vanished into his curly beard once more as he considered his options. Twisting some chalk on the tip of his cue, he moved into position and fired a powerful shot that shattered the pack.

No balls were sunk as they bounced around the table, colliding and re-colliding as they went.

The cue ball rolled back to its starting position at the top of the table.

"I have some plans in the works. Practically ready now. And a partner. On top that... I reckon I may be able to squeeze in something I've wanted to do for some time. It depends on how the dice will - ahem - fall."

His eyes narrowed with mysterious mischief. Apparently without waiting for Worm to inquire further, the wizened added:

"What about you? You strike me as a simple man - but surely you must have some projects of your own?"

2. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Mmm--" Worm puts down his beer, swallows. "Nice break, bud!" It was clean, and the cue ball returning to position is always a good sign.

He steps up, sinks a couple of balls in quick succession. Stripes. Missing his third shot. The whole time he's listening to Anatole's answer. Vague as it is.

Before he can follow up, though, the Autumn's lobbed his own question. Worm gestures to the table. "You're up." Steps back to his beer, takes a sip. Considering his answer.

"I'd like to think I'm simple. But don't ask anyone I've dated. They might have another take. Still, I got plans."
    A chuckle. "I'd like to start my own...MMA night. Keep fighting of course, but also get into the business end. Make a name. My club's hangout could use some work too, so that's on the table. Been thinking I should learn more about the garden. How to best make a go of it in the wild, you know?"

All this double speak is making him thirsty. So he drinks more. Hits the vape on the down low.

"You said partner. Anybody I know?"

Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Anatole smiles wryly as he retreats to his beer. He watches as the Goblin gets to work, seemingly without concern.

"Going into business on your own, eh? Sounds fascinating. I'd say dangerous but, well, we are what we are..."

The dwarf chooses a mark and sends off the cue ball. On this occasion, the Paladin of Shadows miscalculated and put a little too much turn on the cue ball. He hit his target alright, but the errant spot ball curved at precisely the wrong moment: it failed to slot into the middle pocket; instead, it fastened itself nice and snug on the cushion right next to the pocket and stared innocently back at the dwarf.

Anatole blinked in disbelief.

"I think all our hangout's are getting a little grim. We are such a small - eh - community that none of us have a real.... home. The old ghost house has its charms, and its hidden places, but I always feel like thats the boss man's private library. Maybe I can change that..."

He shrugged.

"Ah the old garden. Many tangled paths there. I'd say be wary but you are very capable. I'd enjoy some strolls along the garden paths myself, if you want company. I have a lot of the old book learning but not enough of the practical experience for my liking."

He imbibed his beer reluctantly.

"I am fairly certain you know of her. A certain gorgeous young lady, fond of the old Emerald green. Currently out of sorts with, well, nearly everybody."

A twinkle sparked in his eye.

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Just a little bit of fight promotion, really. Nothing too dangerous," he replies. Looking mischievous. "Compared to...everything else."

Worm grunts at what the Dwarf leaves him, positions himself over the cue ball, and lets it fly. It's a wild shot and doesn't sink anything. But it breaks up some congestion at the bottom of the table. Good enough.

Anatole offers his company on a hiking trip and Worm tips his beer in a subtle salute, "You know, I like that idea. We'd make for a handsome duo at the very least. Let's plan on it."

A long pull off his beer. "I know exactly who you're talking about. You know, her and I have gotten up to a little adventuring ourselves. Remind me to tell you about it when we've got a little more privacy." Somehow, the Colonel doesn't think describing a Hedge-Beast composed entirely of severed arms in public is a good idea.

"Your shot, Boss," he adds with a wink.

We're at one day! I'm happy with a fade to black with these two Wizened shooting pool into the night if you are. Thanks for the fun!

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Mantle (Autumn)
    New Identity
    (Anatole Kolowksi)
    Strong Back
    Resources
    Anatole

MASK

MEIN

PRE

Smith

Seems like a very good spot for the fade out

I'll wrap the scene then. Glad you liked it.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread