(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, apart from the last official Consilium being very rich in bad news, there was also something else: Crystal really needed to sit down with Phoenyx and pick her brain. Not because he wanted to wrestle for power among the Councilors, but because it would be important and wise to know where she came from and how she would take on different problems.

He thought he had a decent read on Guru and Eulogy, but he didn't want to rely solely on his Cabal-mates. So after short consideration he'd invited her to his place on a sunny afternoon. Fortune favours the bold, after all.

Crystal's apartment was on the 4th floor of a building in the nicer part of town. Big windows on the southern and eastern side made sure that the one big main living room-plus-kitchen was bright and comfortable enough. The only three doors in there led outside, to a spacious bathroom and to his bedroom.The open kitchen was modern and clean looking, black and chrome surfaces contrasting with pops of colour from his appliances (among them a bordeaux toaster, a light-blue water heater and an orange espresso-machine). He once bought some new tools and machines, just to make a young wannabe-cook's life easier. That short-lived phase has passed already, though.

Beyond a counter was a big glass table with six black leather chairs around it.
    The other side of the room was dominated by the huge TV on the wall and a couch big enough to comfortably place six or seven guests. A few cabinets stood around - by now filled with numerous books on different topics, post-its and earmarks strewn across in many places.
    Crystal was wearing a casual white t-shirt and slacks and laid lazily on house while he waited for the First Talon and Councilor of the Obrimos.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx had been intending something like this - it was good for the councilors to know one another.

In her usual leather coat, red tank-top, loose pants and sneakers she knocked on the door. She had even cut back on her weapons - this was Crystal's home after all - to the knife that served as her magical tool.

She wondered what it was he wanted to discuss. Aurora seemed to trust him, which counted for a lot to her.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

A few moments after she knocked the door opened. "Hey! Thanks for dropping by, come on in." Crystal let the Obrimos in and pointed to some hooks next to the entrance as he walked back into the main room. "Can I get you anything? Water, coffee?" For other guests he'd add a light alcohol, but he knew Phoenyx well enough by now.

Once inside he produced two glasses and a bottle of water, put them on the table and sat down on one of the chairs at the table, waiting for the First Talon to make herself at home. "So before you ask: yes, it's okay to talk here. I never once heard the slightest sound from my neighbours and I've never had any complaints either." A lopsided grin and a slight shrug. "Some things apparently are just worth paying for."

"Anyway, I thought it was best if we had a talk. Councilor to Councilor."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow removed her coat and offered her trademark small smile. "I am fine, thank you."

There was a small nod. "Good to know. I have always found Forces has a perk in that respect."

She scanned the room before sitting opposite Crystal at the table. "I see. What is it you wanted to discuss?"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

One thing he noticed that got proven time and time again: Phoenyx was quick to get to the point. Whether that meant he could talk more freely or had to mince words for diplomacy's sake remained to be seen. He opted for a neutral opener. "I've got a pretty good impression of where Guru and Eulogy are when it comes to Consilium-related business." He left a pregnant pause and pursed his lips in thought. "I.. think I know where Puck's head is most of the time. You? I know you honor honesty, tradition and devotion to the cause - at least that's my read on you so far. But you know as well as I do that nothing compares to having a good old date to get to know each other better."

Maybe that was already too much, he needed to dial it down a bit. "What I mean is: it would do us good to know each other's positions and strengths. And to know where our opinions differ - unless we want to argue in front of the whole Awakened population of Sacramento when it comes to it."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Dark eyes watch the Mastigos, following his description thoughtfully, though her eyes widen slightly at the mention of a date and her cheeks flush a little. "That is... um... very flattering, Crystal, but I... have never thought of you... in that way?" She answers a little flustered.

Still blushing a little, the Arrow tried to recompose herself. "Ah. I see. Of course." She clears her throat, and takes a breath. "I have done similar with the other Councillors to learn things about them." There is a pause as she tries to push away from the mistake. "I think your assessment is accurate, if 'the cause' may be a little vague. I seek to make sure the Arrows protect, as is our duty. My strengths are built around this duty. Is there something specific you wanted to know about them?"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

He couldn't hide the shit-eating grin as Phoenyx flustered. Well, he could have but her taking it literally was just too good.

Less good? She apparently had met with everybody else, but not with him. He considered for a moment, but again: the direct way would be the way to go with the Obrimos. "Why haven't you sought me out yet?" He wanted to add follow-ups, but those would have ranged from passive-aggressive to playful - and neither would have registered properly.

He nodded once Phoenyx was done, signaling that he actively listened. "Nothing specific - I think you are more than capable to fulfill that duty. I guess I want to have your opinion on the Lex and how we are supposed to run the Consilium in general. Like, there are the Gold Laws, but do you favor any of them above others? Are there things you disagree with or things that contradict something else you value?"
    That was a lot to ask out of the blue, Crystal realized that. "I for one am split on the matter. I've already voiced that issue at our latest meeting: rules are necessary, the traditions have protected us for a long time and have proven themselves to be useful and worth following. But I have first-hand experience how blind adherence to them can cause some people to fall through the cracks. I've seen wise and valued Mages totally miss the point of the matter because they focused on the form of things." Was he making sense to her? The Warlock gave her his full attention, looking at her openly and with a body language that conveyed a willingness to discuss things if there were any disagreements.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"You only announced the agreement for you to become Mastigos Councillor at October's Concillium," Phoenyx replied. "Shortly after that I was on mission for my Order for several weeks, and then I had several duties to catch up on following my return. This has been the first opportunity."

She paused for a while before speaking her answer. "I do not have preferential Laws among those of the Lex. They are simply the Laws. Every situation is unique and one must balance their beliefs accordingly in each scenario as it arises." Dark eyes look back to the Mastigos. "Leadership of the Awakened is like holding a wild bird in your hands. Too tight and it will attack you. Too loose and it will flee. As councillors we serve. Forcing obligations like a mandatory attendance will force out people as much as draw them in."

Phoenyx watches for a moment, as if gauging her host. "Those that follow without thought lack wisdom. We are each responsible to consider our responses to actions. Do you believe that is happening here? That Mages are being overlooked or narrow-minded?"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bullshit. She had been here for weeks now and hadn't made an attempt to reach out to him. Luckily, Crystal's ego was stable enough to just remember this and not get hung up on it. Who knew, maybe it was a God-honest mistake. "I see. Well, it seemed like I had a good hunch concerning timing then."

At least she seemed to be on the same page when it came to leading. "Yeah, that bird metaphor is a good one. But the shit I've heard at the last Consilium seemed important. If Spirits go around and mind-control people that's something every Awakened should be aware of. Things could be resolved much quicker if we collaborated, is all I'm saying." Still, there was no easy solution to this. Crystal sighed and rolled his eyes. "Look, I am with you in the belief that we can't hound people to attend those meetings. From what I've gathered so far Puck seems to hold some pretty narrow and strict beliefs - especially for a member of the Free Council. I also wanted to pick your brains to see where you stand." A slight grin and a raised eyebrow. "And hearing you talk about judging each situation individually is a real relief."

Crystal considered for a moment. Phoenyx believed he was talking about Sacramento.. he really didn't want to share too much about his past, but this was a classic 'in for a penny, in for a pound' situation he got himself into. "No, I haven't really experienced this sort of behaviour here. But that's what is happening - or at least has been happening - in San Francisco. They more or less exiled me without giving me much of an opportunity to plead my case. They stuck to the rules." And what if he had ultimately deserved what was coming for him? This was a matter of principle. "Hearing the news about them summoning dangerous Spirits to kill off their own members didn't really paint a prettier picture there. So I want to actively steer our ship in a direction that's best for all of us. Does that make sense?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow seemed completely sincere. It just never entered her head to lie. "When you say collaborate, I am not sure I understand. Puck, Guru and I are working together on it - I am sure additional help would be welcomed." She pauses for amoment, listening. "I am not sure how else we can assess situations." She tries a small smile.

His confession draws a frown. "Why were you exiled?" It was understandable he wanted to keep such a thing private but now she knew she had to try to understand. "It... is not quite that simple. They were trying to summon a spirit as an ally, but their ritual have been corrupted so it would summon adifferent kind with more malicious intent. I believe they were innocent in this. It seems there are differing factions in San Francisco, at least partly along order lines. Put simply, we do not know enough." There was a shrug. "It is all we can try to do." Phoenyx wasn't sure what else to say.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread