Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Impromptu Mehket

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn pursed her lips slightly. "Does she? After what she's been saying about questioning my loyalty publicly for leaving the Ordo Dracul, vs. stating she understands I have a different calling to my face and both of our clans, I have to wonder about her intentions." Quinn shook her head. "I have shone nothing but the warmest of lights on Priscus Hazlelton, but despite what I have done personally for her, she does not do the same for me." She opened her hands, and searched his eyes. "Is my faith misplaced?"

"I would enjoy is working together Conner. Of that I have no doubt."
    She said softly, and her eyes glittered for just a moment. Anticipation of what they may chase down together, was always exciting.

Quinn nodded, showing she was actively listening and enjoyed his recount finding it illuminating. He had been busy, and she felt familial pride swell inside of her. Her Shadows would do well, no matter who wanted to see the opposite. "Excellent! That's what I like to hear. It is never a wasted opportunity to speak in depth with a member of the domain. Remember your training, and always use any opportunity to press an advantage for yourself or our clan. I expect nothing less, Conner. Keep this path and we will be celebrating your success soon." She promised with a big grin.

Her grin was short lived on the topic of Mable. She grimaced slightly and nodded. "It was disappointing to see that train wreck go through court. Though illuminating at the same time, don't you think?" Sometimes it wasn't what people hid but how they tried to hide it that mattered, and Quinn could count on one hand several instances like this with Mable not paying proper respect for Jack. "I do believe there is a story there, and I am just dying to pick both sides for the answer." She confessed softly, her gaze practically glowing with mischief. "You let me get those details, what I want you to do is in court play it cool with her for awhile. She has to be made aware that such disrespect to the Seneschal was noted and we do not support such faux pas'. Mentally and emotionally prepare yourself for potential punishment. I do not think her grace will let this one go."

Quinn couldn't quite meet Conner's gaze when he put it like that. She raised the wine glass to her lips and took a few deep gulps. Closing her eyes for a moment with a sigh. "I wouldn't say he knew me. He saw me. I was a ghost in his havens halls, and a little sprite in the Gardens below that he watched me in. Janos wouldn't allow for such a discussion to take place you understand. I was his charge at that time, and we were there on Art Business of his, not on Kindred business that should effect me in any way. He saw to that. Janos told O'Brien from the jump he wasn't allowed near me." Quinn chuckled a little. "It was O'Brien who had roses placed in my room every evening. It was also him who watched me in the Garden from the tower. I knew someone watched me from the mansion, I just wasn't sure who it was until he confronted me about it the other night." He could read how she felt vulnerable when it came to O'Brien. She shrugged her shoulder. "I accused him of something similar but his protestation of innocence was sincere."

Quinn nodded, and reached out to take his hands into each of her own. Touch helped a lot of their powers for Auspex. "Nothing eases loneliness like one of your blood. Of course the paranoia of understanding when you feel a strong emotion your kin can spy on you can be discouraging I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. I am sorry your sire never taught you the joys and pains of what being close Kindred means."

"First things first. Do not use it lightly. It takes a great act of will to force your emotions upon me in the distance, and for you to look in on me from a distance as well. It is taxing, you understand. It can exhaust you quickly if you abuse such gifts. You must focus in your minds eye on our connection. Not just on me. This is through your blood and will that you will chase that connection straight to me..."

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Activate Blood Tie)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Quinn asks Conner's opinion and the Shadow can't help but feel a tug in his heart. There's a hunger there: the Mekhet hunger for secrets and knowledge. To see those secrets used like whips to flay enemies apart. It's enough that Conner actually has to pause and collect his thoughts. Be honest. Don't overdo it. She really wants a second opinion. ​"Maybe Priscus Hazelton doesn't feel comfortable expressing those sentiments in public? You've got to admit, single-handedly eliminating a Covenant's influence in a Domain out of spite is a big move to attempt, let alone succeed. Imagine if someone in the Invictus got the idea to cut ties and take half the groups' strength with them?" He's talking of political suicide, but there's admiration in Conner's words. Like he enjoys the idea of the powerful uneasy. "I haven't seen or sensed anything that would tell me that Priscus Hazelton would betray you, though I haven't had the chance to scrutinize her closely." The image of the whispering Haunt quivering under the fear of his knowledge flashes before his mind's eye for maybe one second too long. "But if we're the Clans of darkness, then why shouldn't we expect the most valuable sentiments to be private? If we look for approval just in the eyes of the public Court, we may never find it. But if Hazelton's as smart as she seems, she'll bank that support for when it's needed." He shrugs his shoulders. "But I'll be the first to admit I need to learn more about the Game."

He nods with a warm smile in acceptance of Quinn's praise. "If nothing else, I can talk to people and listen well. Perhaps that will become useful someday." He jokes.

Quinn's quick transformation from teacher to trickster honestly scares Conner...and slakes that Shadow-lust again.
    "Well, it doesn't seem like Mable's trying to snub the Seneschal. Just that she...forgets." He thinks to his own interactions with Mable and her laughing, carefree eyes. "She lives so far from the city, I can only imagine it could lead to putting Court manners in the backseat." He strokes his chin in thought. "And what would the details matter? Dirty laundry? Pressure points?" He can understand wanting dirt on the Seneschal, but Mable is a Crone Hierophant and could be under our heel! Point overstated, but taken.

His shoulders slump with relief with a breath that's almost a snort. "O'Brien seems old-fashioned; he values personal honor and appearances. I'm glad he was honest with you, and I hope you understand my concern." She should. She should know how hurting Quinn would hurt him, Blood Tie or no.

Speaking of...

Conner's hands envelop Quinn's slender, smaller ones. He keeps forgetting the size difference between them, and it brings a playful chuckle to his lips.
    "Rowan wasn't big on emotion unless it was anger, so I'm glad she wasn't big on sharing." He listens to Quinn's warnings and nods in response. "I'd like to try something then..." Conner thinks about his recent discoveries with Blood Sorcery; opening up his awareness as his palms rest on Quinn's. He closes his eyes and tries to focus his emotions into Quinn's head. Don't make this weird.

Blood Tie read

4. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listened to him, nodding here and there. Thinking on what he said. It had merit. Eventually Quinn smiled, dodging the questions she didn't want to answer right now in favor of a compliment to cloud her Cousin's care that it hadn't been answered....
    Quinn was in rare form tonight.

"Thank you, Conner. You are getting better at this counseling bit. I think I just needed to hear that from someone else. Someone close to me. It can get lonely in my head with only my Kindred paranoia to keep me company." She joked, though to be fair, Kindred paranoia was a bitch.

Quinn shrugged. "Honestly. I just want to know the truth. I think there's something there maybe. Perhaps whatever is going on there could be healed, Conner. I look at personal issues between court members that persist enough to spill into the public eye as a long term liability to the stability and harmony of the Domain. To put it plainly, I just don't fucking like it. I'm not saying we all have to like each other and get along 100% of the time, but things should not be left to fester. It's not healthy. Last but not least, I just wanna fucking know. Even if it can't ever be smoothed over, at least I would understand the dynamic, or in this case if there is even a dynamic to find."

She nodded a little at the bit with O'Brien, and sighed finally ready to come out with the rest of it. "We kind of..." She stopped there. She couldn't let the words out. She was afraid it would undo everything they had redirected tonight. "Umm....you know what, I don't want to talk about O'Brien anymore tonight. If its all the same to you."

Her lips parted softly as she let out a breath harshly as his emotions spilled into her. It was like the emotions were apart of her. A stark juxtaposition to her own, but she felt them, she could feel her very blood sing with the message of how he felt. She recovered slowly her hands grasping his tight. A few more moments and her grip loosened, until her hands were softly laid in his again. She nodded to him smiling softly.

"You did that perfectly. I'm sorry you stay so worried over me though. I can feel the concern, Conner. I can also sense the comfort you feel in being close to me." She paused a second to glance away. "I don't make that easy for you do I?" She said softly.

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Conner returns the smile, eager to hear Quinn's praise. "Thank you, Quinn. I appreciate the opportunity. And know that I'll be available as a sounding board for whenever you need it." He revels in the thought of being part of this little inner circle of confidential intimacy, even if it was just in sharing thoughts and opinions. ​"I seem to recall when I first came to Elysium I told you that Kindred have made it easier to offend one another with their rules. You corrected me then, of course. But I think there's still some truth to it: with all the expectations it's so easy to see slights if you're looking for them. And how can we not?" He himself could count on both hands the times he'd narrowly avoided voicing the predator's vicious mockeries. "I agree that knowing how Priscus Hazelton sees us would go a long way to keeping our alliance sound. If she pushes the issue, I'd say just ask her privately about it. Make sure she knows that you VALUE her support and that you won't take bullshit because you expect the same from her. She'll respect that." And if not...

3 successes

Conner's expression shifts as Quinn redirects from O'Brien; there's an inquisitive hunger in his eyes. Did she...are they no longer...is their arrangement annulled? There's a tense second where Conner briefly considers pushing the subject, but after making a visible effort to hold his tongue he just sighs. "I understand. Just know that I would like you to tell me, just whenever you're ready. You've been generous with keeping me in the loop about your allies and connections, and I want to do the same." It was a dirty move, but surely Quinn would understand he just wants to make sure Quinn is okay?

He hears the quick exhale, feels the unholy static of thought becoming blood becoming thought. He resists the urge to shudder and clamps his mouth shut. She was right: this was a deep connection. His eyes open in response to her praise...and her confession.
    "Honestly, no. But I don't think it's supposed to be." He squeezes her hands just a bit before pulling her into a hug. "Thank you." His mouth opens as if to say more, but now it's Conner's turn to shut up and just luxuriate in their closeness. Just letting this be enough in the moment.

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smirked ever so slightly at him. It was pretty much what she would have said to him in reverse. She admired Conner for a moment, giving him some elevator eyes. Yeah. I see you motherfucker. "I'll take it under advisement." She said and kept her smirk.

Which fell quickly to more neutral lines when OBrien was mentioned. They were so close. His hands warm in hers. She watched him a long moment, searching his eyes. "I broke things off with Obrien. I don't know if its permanent or not. I don't want it to be, but I'm not gunna hold my breath either so to speak. Let it be what it will be."

It felt so good to feel something else than what she had been feeling. Good enough that Quinn ignored what she knew was a manipulative tactic, and relaxed into his embrace. Her cheek resting between his shoulder and chest, one arm around his shoulder, her other hand rested on his chest. She let her eyes drift close for a bit. Enjoying the sensation of warmth that emanated from them. The joys of life, wine, and family.

"I've missed this. Feeling safe. No matter how close OBrien and I got, I never ever felt safe with him." She confessed softly. Of course that was his curse. The ever present feeling of danger, and even Quinn was not immune to its effects. She admitted as much here, in the darkest shadows of her haven, with the one Kindred she knew she could trust.

I can be ready to wrap here, if you want to bring home the last post!

9. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

Let it be?

Three words that turn his soul into a whirlpool of snarling ambition and desperate longing. Quinn might even feel Conner's arms briefly tighten around her, as if unwilling to release her back into the cruel world. But eventually, without even a shudder, he does so. Now at arm's length, Conner luxuriates in the distance between them. Can't lose her, she's all you have left in the Domain. "Then let's make this a safer place together then, at least for our Clan." He almost says at least for us but he knows that would be the wrong play here. Quinn owed him nothing...yet.

He chuckles, a bit of felid bass mixed in with his voice as the predator seeks a release. "I swear one of these days we're just going to hang out and actually have something fun to talk about."

Ready to wrap if you are. Thanks again for the great Scene!

11. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

"For Formal court this month, make sure to meet me outside the Nox. We will go in as a clan. We have another of our clan that I have recently acknowledged. A Dr. Albert Baker. Other than being unhappy with the fact that if he bumps me off my perch as Priscus he loses acknowledgement and any other perks under me, he seems fine. He is Circle of the Crone. So please be on your best behavior." She informed him softly.

And they drank wine, and talked about the former Shadow who was now absent their lives. Hopes, dreams, some now dust, and would soon be forgotten.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread