Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Doomsayer in Training

(DiT) Winners only
Apr 25, 2022 - May 25, 2022
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

His senses were sharp, so Winter absolutely noticed the dangerous chaos ensuing in the other part of the store. Those two? They showed no signs of aggression. In fact, the owner squealed an almost girlish yell and went to the ground. Apparently the only reaction to safety this guy has learnt was 'duck and cover'.

Zack seemed less fazed. Or maybe he was just in shock - it was hard to tell for the Guardian. After staring wide-eyes at the door the lucky winner went to the ground and shook the panicked owner. "Hey, I'm sure it'll be fine. Let's just finalize the contract thing." Again, it was hard to say if he was acting out of selfishness or shock.

But Winter could be pretty sure that they practically forgot about him.. for now.

Paging Belle and Viggo .

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

(Willpower used on Grapple)Willpower 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

The girl seems nervous for sure. And the fact that she was on her way to follow Winter and the prize recipient read especially suspicious for her. But for the moment she's either honestly scared or just putting on a good poker face. Belle opens her mouth to press her angle. "Oh come on, I'm just curio..."

And then everything explodes.

Belle's Unseen Senses blare at the recognition of...something. And then there's the car crashing through the wall; the screaming and flailing of a crowd gone mad. And suddenly Belle goes into crisis mode. Or she would, if not for the whispers in her head from the Artifact on her finger.

She did this. She must answer for this.

Belle whirls around to take in the chaos, and spins around to face the colorfully-dressed teenager. Except now there's hellfire in her stare...
    2 successes

Belle pushes herself to the limit, aiming to grab the girl by the wrist and pull her close. "What are you after?" She barks out furiously. If she was responsible for this carnage, the Warlock was prepared to throw down. If not...one bridge at a time.

Spells

Equipment
    Last edited by Aeolus; Mar 15th, 2022 at 04:32 AM.  Reason for Edit: added WP expenditure
    Artifact

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Next time he'll have to put on his Fate glasses first, lest this stuff happen again.
    He leaps back, trying to see things from a vantage point.

The car driving into the store and Belle's sudden attack put the girl into a state of paralyzed shock. Even her startled yell got cut off when the Warlock grabbed her and put her on the spot. "I- wha- let me-" She stuttered around, wide eyes glued to Belle's. A patch of wetness spread down her right leg and that might have been enough to shake her out of her stupor. "The story there was a story on reddit I'm sorry I didn't mean to pry I'm sorry please!" This little Nancy Drew was thoroughly intimidated by the Mastigos, her babbling joining the cacophony of shouts and people trying to help each other - or mostly help themselves. "Please I thought I wanted to see magic and I thought it would be cool to see something like this in action but I'm sorry it's not and I want to go." By then the girl had started crying, tears of embarrassment and fear trickling down her cheeks.

Winter leaped back through the door and saw.. well, the chaos of a panicking crowd. People are screaming, most of them try to get out through any exit possible.

Until we hear from Viggo again (the player wrote in discord that they should be able to catch up soon) we'll just keep this moving.

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle's fury crashes...hard.

I f'ed up!!! I really f'ed up!!! "Okay, it's okay. I'm sorry." Belle backpedals furiously, pulling the girl close and making sure the Warlock hadn't done any real damage. "I thought you were...whatever. Just go, get out of here! Go somewhere safe." She begins herding the scared teenager to the closest exit. She tries to raise her voice over the throng as she uses her grip on Tie-Dye Girl to guide her through the crowd. "HEY! Emergency exits! Single file! No pushing! Let's go, let's go!"
    1 success

She guides Tie-Dye Girl to the nearest exit as best she can and gets the frightened girl to look her in the eye one last time.
    "Get yourself someplace safe. Don't drive! People will be scrambling to get into their cars and drive away." She doesn't want to be responsible for some panicked mundy getting smacked by a car while running AWAY from the scene of the crime.

ST edit

Equipment

*Doomsayer Spells
    Spells
    Artifact

9. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Actually, Winter's Incognito Presence would make it very hard for Belle to just find him through the crowd. Sorry, but we'll have to ignore the last part of your post.

11. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Viggo

PRE

Viggo's fruitless scrutiny is cut short by the sound of car horns and crashing glass. He dives out of the way at the last possible moment thanks to the flare up in energy from the runaway vehicle.

Rising from the ground, he looks around at the carnage, at everyone panicking and trampling each other. He takes a deep breath to steel his nerves and jumps into action. "Someone call 911! Anyone with medical experience find someone and work triage! Remember, if there's anything in a wound, leave it!"

failure

Noticing that most everyone is lost in panic and terror, Viggo shakes his head and gets to work on the worst injury he can find first. He rushes to the person and drops down next to them. "We're gonna get you through this." He says as he begins assessing the damage and working on getting the person stabilized for an ambulance ride.

3 successes

stats and equipment

13. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Sleepers don't concern him, they're victims. He's looking for the initiator. He scouts around, an attempt to fish the familiar aura of another mage.

He got 1 dot of mind and casted supernal vision, spending his turn to look around

stat

15. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health

Combat Stats

OCC
    PRE

Belle hears Viggo's voice...barely. It sounds like the crowd is in full stampede and escalating. She moves over to Viggo to get some anchor in this chaos. "Got anything on your radar?" She quickly circles the room with her vision enhanced to detect any kind of magical auras or traces. Though her residual Mind arcanum poured into the spell causes her vision to radiate with the colors of panic as the crowd trickles out. "I thought I had someone, but turns out she was just as scared as everyone else."

3 successes

Spells

Equipment
    Artifact

17. Likes Aeolus liked this post

The only damage Belle might have done was emotional and when she tried to pull the girl closer she broke out of her shock and struggled to get free. Even as Belle tried to direct the crowd her voice was just one of many. Besides screams of pain or people yelling for help there were a few other wannabe saviours who tried to get their emergency procedures out to the masses.
    Still, a few people around her actually listened, desperate to have any kind of direction to follow right now. It made it ever so slightly easier to get the teenager towards an exit despite her struggling. Her parting advice fell on deaf ears and as soon as Belle released her grip the girl scrambled away, pushing other people out of her way and turning around several times to make sure the Mastigos wasn't following her.

Viggo could rely on his training, but others weren't so lucky. And while his motives were noble, there was simply too much going on for anyone to really listen to him. The mood in the room was all about self-perseverance right now, with only a few people looking out for others.
    Fortunately, the Arrow was one of those people. He noticed a middle-aged man who had crawled away from the exit to evade the stampede. His right thigh apparently had a nasty cut, blood dying the leg of his jeans a dark and disgusting color. He didn't have much equipment suited to perform first aid on him, but he was able to whip up an improvised pressure bandage using a pack of tissues and the belt he managed to get off of the injured person. It wasn't much, but it would at least stop that guy from bleeding out. How much time had passed by now? If anyone had called 911 they should be about to arrive soon, right?

That's when Belle joined the Arrow. With how the situation turned out, it might be more sensible to stick together. She scanned the area and it didn't surprise her that the panic, selfishness, and irrational anger composed the palette of Aura-colors. For a short moment she thought she also saw something else disperse in the air around the crashed car - but it was gone too quickly to properly analyze.

The Supernal Vision bonus is only for detecting/scrutinizing Awakened Magic and doesn't apply here. Still, 2 successes were acknowledged.

Winter couldn't make out any Aura screaming "Awakened" in the pandemonium of mottled violets, reds, and - most prominently - oranges.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread