Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy strode in with the others. His face held a look of concentration as he was adrift in his thoughts. When Corn's words penetrated his brain he smiled. "Oh, It was hard to dig up but I did find quite the interesting story of the original premises. You see originally it was used as burial land. By protestants I believe. Before one Leo McNally took possession. In 1852 no wait 3 yes 1853 I believe..." He continued to tell the story as he recollected it. When he was finished he thought for a moment before asking. "Do you think the Catholics might have done something? No that can't be right. Can it?"

Zero made a statment that caught Eulogy's attention. The academic looked at the investigator, eyebrows raised. "I haven't ever felt out of sorts in here. I agree with Corn's assessment. A feeling of peace. But to be fair. I did put a lot of effort into creating that effect. It helps with funerals. That said all of my techniques are mundane. I haven't done any work in here." He said emphasizing the word. "If you two are experiencing some kind of emotion manipulation, even a peaceful one, well that probably isn't great."

Stats
    Spells
    • Member of the Caretakers.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post

The Moros Councilor was right - he did put a lot of effort in cultivating a certain Resonance around the Green. And neither Awakened could say that the peacefulness felt 'manipulated' or 'forced'. It simply was, and therefore it contrasted to the outside this harshly.

Corn a (Wits + Investigation) roll please (Sight).
    Success

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

3 successes

"I guess it would be obvious but McNally's name is tied with the fate of this place. He was an important person for this place. To be clear, Mordechai , I didn't mean that you manipulated the resonance around here using magic. Although, honestly, if you could induce some peace and serenity with magic in a place like this I wouldn't see it as malpractice. There are mourners here. I had the misfortune to be in the funeral of a kid, 6-7 years ago and I can tell you, we could all have used some serenity and feeling of calmness.
    I believe your efforts to create a respectful, peaceful, death-positive place for last farewells resonate. It could be McNally's efforts too or it could be both of you. Contrary to Zero 's assessment, and not meaning any disrespect Zero, I am not suspicious of the calmness and serenity resonating here, nor by the absence of twilight-struggle. I find troubling the difference outside, both in resonance and in twilight activity.

Mordenchai, do you think you could reach out and call the ghost of McNally? Or even sense if there is a ghost hiding somewhere using supernatural or mundane means? My powers simply allow me to see and speak to ghosts, but if a ghost uses a numina to hide or simply hides from me, I couldn't see it.
    "

[1] See ghosts
    [1] Sybil Sight
    [3] Grim Sight

Spells active: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3
    Vulgar spells: 0
    Mana: 8

Equipment:
    Small backpack
    Flashlight
    Cellphone
    Lead Medallion (dedicated Tool)
    Wallet without his ID, a credit card and some cash
    His cross and his wedding ring
    A bottle of water and a candy-bar
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer contemplated Eulogy words and responded "I meant no disrespect Mordechai, I was just surprised at the peaceful and solemn feeling of this place." He paused "It is actual quite nice to know that someone with such respect for death was able to create such a calming atmosphere in the midst of the chaos of death."

Zeromancer paused to hear the others out, he was interested in this place and though the feeling unnerved him, he took deep breath and attempted to enjoy the chapel and its calm mood.

Spells
    Equipment
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

8. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai nodded to Corn in understanding. "Thank you for the compliment and you make a fair point. I will put consideration into maybe setting something like that up in the future." He paused to consider Corn's question for a long moment before slowly replying "Regarding a summons. I may be able to call the ghost of McNally. I possess the skills. I am hesitant though as a lot can go wrong. I think it a good Idea under the circumstances but I want to confirm consent from both of you before I try, Just in case."

He waved off the apologies of Zero. "No disrespect my friend. We are all the wise and you may speak freely without fear of causing offence."

Stats
    Spells

10. Likes Aeolus liked this post

The Moros discussed matters in the apparent safety of the chapel. Would the ghost of McNally even enter such solemn grounds? Would it escalate things given the oppressive atmosphere outside?

Maybe there was only one way to find out.

Alternatively they could look for more pieces of the puzzle farther away from the chapel. All they had for now were gut feelings, after all.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.

PRE

"Emm... perhaps then give us some protection from that ghost?" Corn suggested to Mordechai .

"Do we have other places to look at first, perhaps?" he asked both the Moros. "We checked the chapel, the new graves - no twilight carvings, the old graves - twilight carvings, the church with its serene resonance. I don't think the councilor's office would have any ghosts or twilight inscribers.
    Oh, perhaps check the crematoriums?
    " Corn offered.

[1] See ghosts
    [1] Sybil Sight
    [3] Grim Sight

Spells active: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3
    Vulgar spells: 0
    Mana: 8

In case we investigate the crematorium:
    1 success

Corn also looks at the resonance of the Crematorium, with his grim Sight.

1 success

9 successes in 3 turns of Scrunity. Corn looks how "dense" the death resonance is in the crematorium and if it has been "messed with" (duration).
    Perhaps Grim Sight can "catch" the resonance from the powers of twilight entities. If not, so be it.

For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

13. Likes liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer shook himself out of his thoughts when Corn spoke. Zeromancer then said "Maybe we should explore the grounds some more as well. Hey Mordechai, is the crematorium close to here? Additionally other than where we started are there any other places that are as old or older than those gravesites?"

Zeromancer still thought it would be a good idea to explore the Twilight, but he understood why his friends would be hesitant to do so. He was also hesitant to summon the original owner of the cemetery because who knows if he would be happy or pissed at the changes made to the grounds.

Spells
    Equipment
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

15. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

He answered Corn first. "I have some protection available to us if it came to it. But you are right. Maybe we are getting ahead of ourselves." He waited a minute and was about to continue when Zero spoke so he politely listened to the other mage before answering.

His demeanor changed to evoke a look of annoyance. "Well actually." he began, his tone cracked with embarrassment. "So it turns out, the city council, in all of their infinite wisdom have decided to revoke my application to host a crematorium. So I don't actually have one. It was that or my Natural burial and I am NOT letting that go." he stopped to clear his throat and regain composure. "Now I have to complete all cremations off site."

"There is one thing we haven't tried yet. It isn't without it's danger." He let his words hang in the air to punctuate the ominous feeling behind them. "We could all enter the Twilight state and see what we find there." he looked around the chapel. "If I lock the door no one should be able to see the ghost gate we use. Just an idea."

Stats
    Spells

17. Likes liked this post

Feel free to skip me until you're taking actions that would require more narration.

Be aware that Ghost Gate is cast as an extended action - which means as a 3 hour-per-roll ritual at Gnosis 1-2. There's is no time pressure (yet?), just be aware of that.

Page 5 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... Last
Closed Thread