Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

Spell Tolerance: 0/2
    Active Spells: 0/5
    None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy nodded gravely as Zero echoed his sentiment."As Corn noted last time we were here. There are definitely some anomalies within the graveyard. Some of the dates on the grave markers are older then the city itself. I have done a little preliminary research but everything seems so mundane. Nothing to explain the discrepancies in the stone."

He quickly adopted a smile to Corn and replied "That is a fair, question. I have no wards up to protect us from eves droppers. The time and location gives us a little protection from the sleeping world but I would not go so far as to call it safe. I imagine the old tongue would be fine in small doses." He accepted Corn's self deprecation with a small frown. "We are all skilled in our own way, Your mastery of Matter surpasses my own. I am truly grateful that you came."

He turned his attention to Zero. "Now let's have a look see at what you have brought. I am only passingly familiar with a Kirlian Camera have you used it to actually find a ghost before?" Spending years studying academically left Eulogy little time to explore the occult so his knowledge on the subject was low.
    Last edited by Eulogy; Jan 22nd, 2022 at 02:06 AM.  Reason for Edit: don't know why colour not working
    • Member of the Caretakers.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:
    The sound of chattering teeth accompanies a scent of chemical sanitizer and fresh earth when Eulogy makes his will manifest.

During Vulgar will working the sound of teeth becomes a overpowering rattle of bone on bone. The scent turns putrid as that of decaying flesh, The clean scent of sanitizer becomes a fetid miasma of gaseous stench.
    Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool
    A Bone Wand that measures thirteen inches in length from tip to tip. The bone is of an unknown origin and is intricately carved with runes and symbols. The wand allows an easier connection when working Death arcana

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

I missed the 5 minute edit window here is my stats. Sorry
    Gnosis:2 Active Spells:None
    EQUIPMENT: Bone Wand (Magical Tool: Death), Cell Phone, Make-Up Kit, First Aid Kit, Flashlight, Pepper Spray

Corn asking for permission to cast spells was polite, but if it was secrecy he was worried about he missed the mark by dropping just about every Awakened-related lingo imaginable. But Eulogy was right: they benefited from the time and there was no soul around to hear them discuss everything Supernal.

The Moros Councilor provided the Mystagogues with some more background information as skills were assessed and equipment was shown. Proficient in Death or no - they knew that once the investigation was about to start for real, peering into Twilight was among the first sensible leads to follow.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Talking in a whisper, Corn said
    "I second the councilor 's question, Zero . Does a Kirilian camera really... works? I cannot see mental auras or supernatural auras without someone casting the right spell on me. Could I do it with a camera? I can't say I am very fond of mortal technology being able to expose the supernatural... on the other hand just 100 years ago, sending messages to someone's shiny glass-and-metal tablet across the globe, was supernatural."
    Corn then raised another issue.
    "Also, doesn't it kinda, you know... breach the veil, to expose that ghosts exist? My wife doesn't believe in ghosts and I pretend I don't among sleepers. "

After Zero answered (or not), Corn turned to Mordenchai. "So... with your permission... "
    Corn concentrated on the Imago to become able to see and communicate with ghosts... and failed. Focusing again, he got it right the second time.

failure

[1] See ghosts

Spells active: 1/6
    Spell Tolerance: 1/3
    Vulgar spells: 0

Equipment:
    Small backpack
    Flashlight
    Cellphone
    Lead Medallion (dedicated Tool)
    Wallet without his ID, a credit card and some cash
    His cross and his wedding ring
    A bottle of water and a candy-bar
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

6. Likes , , Aeolus liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zero responded to both Corn and Eulogy question about the camera,"I have had some success in locating supernatural activity, and in fact I contribute it to my awakening as I always had a belief of the supernatural with ghosts being a primary belief. With the science that I studied, ghosts were always a possibility due to physics laws. If you approach the soul or spirit as energy, that energy cannot be created or destroyed. And the camera as I believe is able to detect some of that energy on a spectrum."

Zero was happy with his explanation and thought it would be enough until put to practice. "The same goes with the energy meter, the energy meter is set to detect fluctuations in the energy fields that surround everyone. And has helped in many of ghost hunts. And I am of the belief that it can detect when a wraith is attempting to pierce the veil between the physical and the twilight."

Zeromancer concentrated on the Imago to See and communicate with Ghosts and.... succeeded.
    1 success

[1] Spell: See Ghosts

Active Spells: 1/4
    Spell Tolerance: 1/3
    Vulgar Spells: 0

Equipment:
    Collapsible Quarter Staff
    Energy Meter
    Kirlian Camera
    Digital Camera
    Led Headlamp
    Gloves with Runes Imprinted on them(Dedicated Tool)
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Mordechai listened to Zero's answer with interest. When the other mage was finished with his explanation Eulogy nodded sagely. "I see. I am very interested in seeing it in action." He was very careful to moderate his tone to be friendly. This was not the time or the place to debate his personal pet peeve of "supernatural" as a concept. Sometimes there was just no other way to convey the point one was trying to make and Mordechai understood what Zero meant. "Corn's point is valid. We should treat anything the camera captures as a potential breech in the wrong hands and take care with it."

Eulogy nodded with a smile at Corn. "By all means, you are both free to do as thou wilt." using a more archaic form of permission simply to add some gravitas.

He reached into the hidden pocket of his jacket and pulled forth his intricately caved wand of bone. He too focused his will to forcing the true reality into existing, everyone knew he could see and speak to ghosts. He has been doing it for years. Why would today be any different? It is foolish for the cosmos to push against him. He called upon the rote murdra, a secret specialty of the Silver Ladder, changed and perfected by Eulogy to fit the essence of his being a hum of arcane words of power exited his lips as he added the Atlantean tongue to bolster his working.

2 successes

Equipment
    Stats
    Spells

10. Likes Aeolus, liked this post

Maybe there would be another time for the Moros to discuss their perspective on science, the 'Supernatural' and the Lie's part in all of it. The Councilor's impressive display of dramatic sense rang in the time for action. Reality - or the Fallen World's idea of it - bent to the Awakeneds' will and seconds after each Moros knew that he could see Ghosts residing in Twilight.

At least in theory they knew they could. However their perspective might have changed after casting their Magic, there was hardly any change visible at all around the premises. Although, wait- faintly they maybe could make out something.

Everybody, (Wits + Occult - 1) please.
    Success

But just because there weren't any Ghosts hanging around providing convenient exposition that didn't mean they couldn't poke a bit around, right?

Ready when you are!
    Just tell me where you want to start looking - the graves closest to the chapel, further out, or maybe even the chapel (if that sounds like a suggestive questions, it really isn't - just narrowing down possible points to look into) - and give me a (Int + Investigation) roll. The camera doesn't add any special boni to that (since Magic), but it could be used later on to document findings.

Zeromancer chanting in High Speech adds (+2) to your spellcasting pools - if you want you can just roll the extra dice and adjust your potency if applicable.

12. Likes , liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

(Sybil Sight)Mana 1 Spent
    PRE

2 successes

Desperation, extortion and exploitation resonance and no ghosts which is the opposite of what strong emotions would lead one to believe. Why couldn't it never be something nice?

"There is a sense of desperation in the resonance. Can you guys feel it too? Councilor , I will put on grim and Sybil sight too, before we start. If you could give me just one minute to take a better look..."

Corn didn't think he had to use High Speech for something as basic as sight.
    Corn was wrong.
    failure

After his spell failed to give him any insight, he sighed, spoke in high speech and then reached through to Stygia again.
    3 successes

Next, he spoke in High speech again and boosted his already supernatural senses to adding another one: Fate.
    1 success

"How about we start with the graves around this grandmother that was here before Sacramento? I think that would be a good place to start. If you agree, we could check the death and fate resonance there on top of what mundane senses would show us.
    Love the headlight, Zero .
    " Corn said and pulled his flashlight.

He was ready to investigate some twilight anomalies and he couldn't hide his smile.
    2 successes

The investigation is the one the ST asked for, I don't know if it applies yet.

[1] See ghosts
    [1] Sybil Sight
    [3] Grim Sight

Spells active: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3
    Vulgar spells: 0
    Mana: 8

Equipment:
    Small backpack
    Flashlight
    Cellphone
    Lead Medallion (dedicated Tool)
    Wallet without his ID, a credit card and some cash
    His cross and his wedding ring
    A bottle of water and a candy-bar
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

14. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

4 successes

1 success

Zeromancer looked at Corn , "I have found in my investigations that it helps to keep your hands free. even for something as mundane as clicking a picture or opening doors" Zero liked how up front Corn was about his spells, but had hesitations himself due to him being told to be as silent as possible especially when it came to casting. Zeromancer than asked "Are we ready to begin?"

spells

Equipment

stats

Spell: Speak with the Dead

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    (Gentlemanly)
    Status
    (Academic)
    Contact
    (City Hall)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Eulogy Main

Nimbus:

Active Spells

None
    Inventory

Dedicated Magical Tool

On Eulogy

Cell Phone
    Flashlight
    Pepper Spray

Has access to

Make-Up Kit
    First Aid Kit
    Hidden

PRE

Eulogy looked at Corn with worry. "I don't see anything, where are you looking? " it was strange to the Moros that someone else was able to pick up on a resonance that he could not. Maybe Corn was more skilled than he wanted to admit. They really should sit down and have a conversation one day. Eulogy was sure there was much they could learn from each other. As an after thought he added. "You know I don't stand on ceremony. You don't have to keep calling me Councilor."

Corn's suggestion of starting place was good All three were already familiar with that stone so might as well. At Zeromancer's words he nodded. "Lead the way." He too light his flashlight and followed beside the other two.

failure

I hit the wrong button while I was setting up the die roller. That is a 1 on a chance die.

Equipment
    Stats
    Spells

18. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 2 of 14 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... Last
Closed Thread