Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn smiled slightly watching Mable's delight in the gift. A thought occurred to the Mehket but didn't see fit to share it right now. She took a seat in an armchair where she could comfortably face her host and Bellemy.

She watched Mable as she shared her strategy for not masking her beast. It wasn't a bad tactic. She'd heard worse reasoning from Kindred. "Kindred are savvy Mable. We are all predators deep down. Eventually, everyone will discover the weaknesses they watch for, and that's never what really concerns me. What concerns me is who I allow around me when those weaknesses and circumstances allow for movement against me. Who will defend you, and who will let you fall, and who will reach out when you are down and offer council and guidance, if one were open to such things." Quinn made the offer, should Mable wish to take it. Perhaps Mable wasn't a politico, but Quinn sure was. She never allowed an opportunity to pass without taking a swing at the ball first.

She smiled then and chuckled. "I wanted to see this Farm, but I also wanted to get to know you better Mable. I will be making decisions soon that will effect the domain, and I'm trying to decide who I can trust to follow me into dangerous situations and handle themselves accordingly."

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a warm smile to Bellemy and then to Quinn. "I really look forward to getting to know you both better also."

She thought about Quinn's words. "I believe you know me fairly well." She says to Quinn, "Not much escapes your notice. You know I am a straight shooter. You know I am honest and loyal to those deserving my loyalty."

Mable tilted her head slightly as she thought. Quinn probably knew Mable was smarter than she appeared most of the time. But she also had seen mistakes Mable made when distracted. "You also know I accept punishment for whatever slights others perceive with my head held high. I know you have witnessed all of this."

A pause, "You also know that I count you among those I can trust. And even though I don't know Bellemy as of yet, I also count you among my friends." She looked from Quinn to Bellemy. All Mable had was her word and her honesty that has always been a factor for good or bad.

3. Likes pisces liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy listened to Quinn gently remind Mable of the reality of being Kindred. The haunt sat still not interjecting. This sounded to the haunt as if it were an old conversation. Maybe not these particular words but the nuance of it all seemed practiced. The haunt knew this was not the place for Bellemy to speak.

The haunt listened to Mable announce her virtue. They were hallmarks of a good person. Someone that Bellemy would appreciate having as a friend. But the haunt was quick to remember that for all Mable's appearance as the wholesome girl next door, The Hierophant could not have attained that rank without the ability to cause devastating injury to any who opposed her. In response the haunt replied politely "That is most kind. I too would like to count you among my friends." Not sure if the Hierophant was just being polite or really meant it, Bellemy found it best to assume it was a genuine comment.

Curse: See Minisheet

5. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn's smile widened momentarily on the comment about not much escaped Quinn's notice. That was true. Nosey came with her blood. If you weren't a nosey Mehket, were you even a Mehket? Not a chance.

"I am a testament to my family. I am as nosey as a trash panda (racoon) and twice as stealthy." She joked but it was true. She mulled over a bit more of those sentences before deciding on what she wanted to ask Mable.

"I know Mable, but these faux pas in court particularly will harm you the most I think. Most Kindred consider how one acts in court says everything about said Kindred. If you cannot trust them to show proper respect for court titles and decorum how can you trust them with Domain business? " She paused a moment, the question was rhetorical.

"I've noticed that most of your faux pas that I have personally witnessed have all centered around the now Seneschal Jack in court. He wasn't always the Seneschal though was he? You have been in the domain before him if I am not mistaken? Is there something in the past that has you struggling with his position and titles now?" Quinn asked the hard question. If she wasn't willing to ask the hard questions though, did she really deserve the title of Reeve? Not in the slightest.

"I will do everything in my power to help you weather through this storm, but I'm asking you if there is any bad blood between you and Jack. I can help you politically as we are friends, but I cannot undo something that you hold in your heart against another."

Quinn's gaze traveled to Bellemy, and she wondered what the quiet Nosferatu thought of all of this. It wasn't how Quinn had imagined the night going, but its not like recent history could be ignored. Not if you were truly someone's friend.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable offered Bellemy a bright smile. "Bellemy, you are so kind. Thank you. I hope you get to know me better so you can better understand who I am."

Turning to Quinn, "You are correct, and I am working on the issue. I struggle to remember titles for some reason. It isn't that I don't respect the position or the person. I just forget. It's so embarrassing. I try, I really do. I have reached out to Priscus Twist who had agreed to mentor me on titles etc. I obviously need practice."

She pauses, "I appreciate your offer of standing by me and assisting me. I will try not to let you down. I believe most do know that I don't mean ill will, so at least there is that. As far as Jack goes. I have no issue with him. He is who he is and I accept him that way. He and I have worked together in the past on several projects back when I was keeper. And I do think I forget sometimes he has moved to the seneschal position. And I believe he is good at his job. So, no I don't have an issue with him, but I think I do see him sometimes as he was when he arrived here." Mable smiled at some of the encounters they have had in the past. Some were quite fun.

8. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn nodded, listening intently to Mable, like her body language was very zeroed in. She didn't say anything until she was done. Letting her say her whole piece.

"The reason I asked about the Seneschal is mostly due to the fact that serious grievances left to fester between Kindred is dangerous to the strength and resilience of a Court of Kindred. We are monsters. Our very instincts tell us to fight each other, but we also need our community. We are held together in solidarity by the chains of our Elders. For better or worse." She paused a moment. "I take a personal interest in the Kindred of this domain not just because they are a part of the court, but also to keep tabs on them. Should someone decide to break the law, it is a hell of a lot easier to bring someone to justice when you understand Kindred. Who is beholden to whom. Who talks to whom. Who likes whom. Who are rivals. You get what I'm putting down." She nodded. Mable wasn't slow on this. She understood it. After all she is with a regulatory body of Kine. Quinn was trying to illustrate how she viewed the position, and why she was being so damn nosey about this particular subject.

"You do a lot of patrols Mable. Is there anything you think we need to do to tighten security?" She looked to Bellemy as well. "What is your opinion on this? Any thoughts to the security of the Domain?"

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy sat quietly as the two women spoke. The topic of their conversation seemed to border on the personal. The haunt felt that to speak may seem like an intrusion. What Quinn said of courtly manners seemed quiet correct and to hear Mable admit to a personal faults seemed like eavesdropping. The haunt only hoped they didn't say anything that would require them to silence Bellemy. While the haunt was not a shadow the ability to sit and listen, blending into the background often times lead people to forget the creature was even there and divulge too much of themselves. Several times had Bellemy been confronted with 'you know too much' it was all quite embarrassing.

As Mable mentioned "Jack" Bellemy smiled and said a single word, interrupting Mable. "Seneschal." It was a risk to offer a correction to Mable. It was of course not Bellemy's responsibility nor even appropriate really but Mable had been nice to the haunt and so the creature could offer some small advice that may help with her situation.

Bellemy waited as Quinn continued. Finally as the conversation found a natural pause the Haunt filled the silence. The creature's tone was soft and polite, white eyes cast down at Mable's feet. Head bowed in her direction. A posture of subservience. "If I may Hieorphant? The Seneschal is no longer Jack. You must remove Jack from your mind. If you view it as though the man you have known is no longer there and who remains is the Seneschal of the domain of Sacramento, Pricsus of the Venture, at all times. You may find it easier to navigate the court. " And now comes the hard part, the waiting to see Mable's response or Quinn's for that matter. If either of them was displeased with the upstart plebian, well many accident's could happen in a place like the farm.

On Quinn's topic of safety Bellemy's brow furrowed. 'I have not noticed any deficiencies. In the city. Although I will add I haven't been looking. I have moved about freely without care of being accosted. My haven is secure. I have seen no breeches of the law."

11. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

To Quinn, "You are very kind to take such an interest. I appreciate it."

To Bellemy, the correction was appreciated and she gave a warm smile "Thank you. And that is a great idea. If I think of him as his title that should help."

"I need to in court only think about the highest titles each kindred holds also. Like I need to address you as Reeve Durant, not Priscus Durant, correct?"

"Okay if we move beyond my pitiful political displays?" She gives a little giggle.

"So Patrols. While I am working on different areas of town on tree, I keep my eye out for any trouble. I mean, I am frequently not in areas many other kindred hang out so I can watch a lot of the borders. The I also keep an eye out on citrus heights. The former Hierophant had the regency and never patrolled it. I have always watched the area, so I just have continued to do so. There have been some minor breaches in the past and the Prince has been able to create an agreement with another Prince just over the border."

Mable shakes her head, "Every so often someone or something invade the domain. mmmm, There were the hunters. I don't think you were here yet. They were pretty invasive. We had to fight them on so many different levels and places. They had underground tunnels between houses and met in some of the tunnels I knew about under ground. There was the brood. They had brought hell hounds with them." Mable got a little grin, "Those are now nothing but red mist."

"I'm trying to remember if there were any other issues of note. hmmm, nothing that should ever come up again." Mable wanted to make sure to give as much history of the battles she could. She should tell them.

"There was a weird thing. We had an alien artifact. The aliens came back for it. The two kindred, who are no longer here, abandoned me and left me to die my final death with the aliens. I managed to survive. I don't think the aliens will ever be back. But there are strange things that happen here. you can't make this shit up. Okay, I know I just threw out a lot of information. Any questions?"

13. Likes pisces liked this post

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn grinned at Bellemy. "I love the Jeddi Mindset there! That's a good one!" She said with a nod of her head. Humor and warmth emanating from her eyes. "Or if you want to get into more recent cinema, The Matrix. 'There is no spoon!'" She chuckled a little enjoying that train of thought quite a bit. She clearly liked the way Bellemy thought.

"Correct! It would be Reeve Durant."
    She said with a positive nod of her head.

Quinn listened to the update about patrols and there having been issues in the past with a neighbor. Isn't there always? Fucking poacher scum!

"I was wondering where Prince Antinori acquired Caine..." That explained so much right there.

"And....aliens. I guess truth really is stranger than fiction!?" And she laughed nodding her head.

I am good to close after everyone has had a chance to react to the cool info Mable dropped! Heheheheh

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Aliens? Bellemy thought and couldn't help blurting out "Aliens? Like off the planet aliens?" all sense of decorum seemed to have left the haunt with this revelation. The haunt waved a hand "No, No That is for another time. I don't think I could handle that right now." Aliens! Between that and Conner's magical powers I sure am learning a lot about the universe.

Thank you both for the scene.

16. Likes pisces liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread