Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Those Cast Aside) Electric Boogaloo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
(Those Cast Aside) Getting Air
Apr 7, 2022 - Jun 18, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Buttercup was going up in Circe's estimations. At least she was better about this than Oliver was. It wasn't hard to figure out Anne had been evil with capitals. Her words for Buttercup are actually supportive not only in content but tone. Surprising: "I'll be happy to help ya fuck those that are responsible Buttercup, just saying."

Giving them an opportunity to speak with Buttercup without the excitable fool around? That would work, though Circe would prefer not to be with Oliver too much. She'd not hold back against Anne, regardless of how it upset Oliver. She could see it causing problems, but spur plans always did. "I'm prepared to be the peak of poise and propriety. Sure, we can make snacks with Oliver, maids do it fer guys all the time, but we don't have the little outfits. Not apologizing fer that Oliver, it takes a while ta get those dresses on right."

"If yer looking fer a smoke break ta go with the fresh air," she quips to Oliver, "That I ain't got. I spend my coin on other stuff," then to Buttercup with a kinder smile, "Like our esteemed gentleman said. If ya want something, let us know. We'll see what we can scrounge."

My apologies for the lateness. I forgot I hadn't posted.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

0 Scenes

There is a moment of stillness before Oliver takes the opportunity to leave. Loudly, even as he stumbles over the words, that "Yes, y-yes pl-please air."

Watching as the lost shuffle about, Buttercup smiles. Its not a good smile, but its not actively malicious. She's just someone who's very out of practice.

"Now. Where. Were. we?

splitting the scene! Those that want to have a frank discussion with Buttercup can stay here and those that wanted to talk to Oliver alone can head over to the other Scene.
    http://nwod.org/forum/showpost.php?p=14490294

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

And with that, she follows the overly excitable fool outside.

New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nods to the others and leaves the room. She is only gone for a few minutes before returning with a small office mail crate of various Tastykake brand snacks and several exotic meat sticks. Leaving one, Circe salutes before grabbing her coffee and jogging off to ensure Titania doesn't talk and get punched out without Circe present.

Probably to stop it from happening. Probably.

Circe jogs to catch up to Titania and Oliver outside.
    Last edited by Saber Sloth; Apr 12th, 2022 at 02:18 PM.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

Gerrit watched Oliver and the two Fairests leave and took a deep breath. He had already thought about how he was going to approach Oliver and now Titania had swooped in and did whatever. Maybe he was being too unflexible, but at least his lack of spontaneity didn't spoil anything here!

Another deep breath, just to get those thoughts out of his head, then he regarded Buttercup again. "I'm sorry. She can be a lot." Well, maybe he should have taken one more. Gerrit slightly shook his head once. "I would like to know how we can help you. What do you want?" Chances were, their goals matched up and with the Spring gone he could sell Buttercup on the idea that this wasn't just for the Freehold's sake.

6. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra is quiet at the moment as Gerrit has asked exactly what she would have asked. It is nice, this quiet, the lack of overpowering presences in the room. Perhaps they can actually get something done now. And hopefully Oliver isn't eaten alive by the other two, but that's an entirely different story.

8. Likes , liked this post

0 Scenes

There is a long moment between Buttercup's look of no shit and when the Wizened shifts in her seat, plastic coated hands coming to rest on the table.

"I want to. Be free. Like you. are free. I want. My. sisiters." voice distorted, echoing strangely, eyes staring into the middle distance.

Gerrit can roll to remember something here!

New Identity
    (Gerrit Jameson)
    Gerrit

Mien:
    Leathery scars, bruises and scaly scabs cover the whole hairless body. There is a certain symmetry to the disfigurements, the color of the visible skin ranging from pale pink to purple and dark red. Lately patches of dark blue and black - frostbite - have appeared on his skin and some of the scabs have frozen over and crystalized.
    His right hand shows a copper-coloured, wilted and flaky scar, engulfing most of his palm and the inside of his wrist. Next to frostbite and bruised scars it adds a third layer of wounds bore by the Ogre.

Mantle:
    Contrast seem to grow slightly more stark around Gerrit, the crisp clearness of a winter morning. Sometimes the sound of ice forming or breaking can be heard in a short, brisk snap. When using Contracts a subtle, biting cold can be felt around Gerrit - pins and needles prick both the Onyx and those close to him.

Crown:
    Solid, thick panes of clear ice symmetrically arranged around his head with fern frost at the base.
    Active Pledges

Motley Pledge

Only a result of 10 on a die is considered a success. Should a given die result in no successes, the failure is considered to be a dramatic failure, though the oathbreaker may spend a point of willpower to negate this, making it a regular failure.
    -Until Oct 5th.

PRE

Stonebones Snowskin

5 successes

Realization hit Gerrit and he resisted the impulse to look away. Instead, he exhaled slowly and looked at the Wizened steadily, his features as soft as they could be nowadays. "Buttercup.. We were trying to find a way to hinder Anne and learn more about her whereabouts. We came across a barn near one of her locations in the Hedge." The stopped for a second. This was one of the worst parts of his old life, one he didn't miss in the slightest. Still, he didn't want to burden Cassandra with this - and Buttercup deserved to know what they had found.

"The barn was subject to an explosion or a fire. Inside we found," he swallowed, then continued with a soft voice, "the remains of a Lost similar to you. Now, there is no way to be sure but I wanted to let you know about this anyway." And then, despite knowing how useless it sounded: "I'm sorry." There was so much more to say here, but experience told him that everyone reacted to news like that differently. He didn't want to overwhelm the Wizened right now.

So Gerrit waited for Buttercups reaction, hands balled into fists and bloodshot eyes patiently directed at her.

If I misjudged what you had in store for Gerrit to remember I'm sorry.

11. Likes liked this post

Cassandra Moore
    Presence
    (Charismatic)
    Striking Looks
    (Radiant)
    Intelligence
    (Keen)
    Kith Blessing
    (Prismatic Heart)
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Cassandra Reeding

Eyes like cut, polished emeralds, waist-length scarlet hair, and glowing prismatic skin that seems to react to her emotional state, however what they mean is anyone's guess.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Polychromatic Artist

Cassandra purses her lips, understanding in a way of what Buttercup means. Until Anne is gone, is she ever really going to be free? That's the real question. She is about to mention something when Gerrit speaks again and she is taken aback by the information. It's possible Buttercup has lost a sister. That is a pain she knows all too well. It's like losing a limb, a piece of you that you'll never get back.

"It's just an idea, but... maybe you could swear to our Freehold, swear against Anne and be under our protection. The Monarchs, like Circe here would know better to help with that." She feels weird interjecting this, but she wonders if providing Buttercup with that option might help in the midst of this potential loss. But maybe she's wrong. Maybe she's about to make it worse. That anxiety creeps up on her.

She considers whether the monarchs would even let them swear... but then again, Seraphina would never allow people like Buttercup and Oliver to continue being in danger and trapped like this. They do deserve a freedom and dreams to chase, especially after everything they've already gone through.

13. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

There is a moment where the Wizened stalls, disbelief keeping her eyes dry, before a stuttering click as her body shudders, plastic rubbing against plastic as tears gather and her teeth are bared in a snarl-grimace-sob. "Of fuck. Ing course. a wordless snarl as she smabs her hand on the table. "Fuck!" hands reach for her face and as she covers her eyes, "Fuck,"

A moments, knuckles rubbing her eyes, breathing deeply, "I will. Not. Swear loyal. ty. Shackeling. My. Self. To a palce and. Peo-ple. Not of. My choosing. But I will. Swear to oppose. Anne."

15. Likes liked this post
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread