Hedge Patrol IV

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Sep 14, 2021 : Hedge Patrol III
HP: Urn-ing a cremation
Jun 10, 2022 - Jun 11, 2022
Rotten Roots
Aug 3, 2022 - Nov 8, 2022
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Damned if I know, I didn't say a thing ta bargain with them. I think they're just hangry. Make a deal or face becomes a wheel shit," the hobs were just wanting their pound of flesh. "I ain't got any bacon on me."

Circe is now keeping the rifle trained upon the hobgoblins. Personally, she couldn't have cared less if a corpse was buried or scavenged. But the others seemed more sensitive than her. Leave the Fairest to be the thickest skinned. Oh wait, "Do they only eat corpses? Might be why they pissed. They should'a just gone in and gotten it themselves then. Whiny!"

She shouts the last part at the hobgoblins. She isn't playing games or barter. They only thing they'll get from the Summer is bullets.

Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

2. Likes , liked this post
    Giant
    (7 feet tall; not fond of low ceilings)
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Def: 2 (Dex/Wits)
    Armor: 0/0
    Initiative: 5
    Speed: 12 (w/ Fleet of Foot)

Ogre Seeming Bonus
    -Add Glam to Str pools (1 per Glam)

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

The whole situation is going south...fast. Liam's prepped to make a break for the Hedge Gate with the fallen Lost. He's not about to let this guy become carrion for these squawking Hedgebirds. But then there's Circe and Sonnie. They're just as fast as him, but would they run the risk of being carried off? Would they become the next bodies found consumed by the Hedge and its horrors? He thinks back to Chef Brambel and his stew; the pile of discarded items from now nameless victims...

An awful idea crawls into his head.
    It worked when Ram did it...I think. Would it be enough? It would hurt. And there was no guarantee it would turn out the way he wanted. But if it stood a chance of appeasing these scavengers. He turns his head over his shoulder so the birds can see his face and hear him. "Youuuu want fleeeeesh? Then taaaake miiiiine. I offer myyyyyyy fleeeesh in exchaaaange fooor the saaaafe passaaaage of myyy friends. You wiiiiiiil not haaaaarm them or stooooop them. And theeeeey will take this ooooooone with theeeem. But youuuuuuu may tear flesh from my liiiiiiiimbs to queeeench yoooooour hungeeeeer." It's desperate gambit, but Liam knows he's tougher than most. And vultures are known to be gluttons...

Pledge Pitch: Pound of Flesh
    Task: Alliance/Lesser (neither party will attack or hinder the other)
    Boon: Favor/Medial (Liam will feed the Blindbirds with his own flesh)
    Curse: Pishogue/Lesser (Liam invokes Eternal Spring 1. Breaking the Pledge will result in a dramatic failure of the Contract inflicted on said oathbreaker)
    Duration: One Day/Lesser

If I'm correct, this should cost Liam 4 Glamour +1 WP

equipment
    Hedge Patrol V: (Fast Reflexes 1 via Pledge)

4. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

It echoes through Circe's mind once again, the strange way the Blindbirds speak everything that should be in the past tense is in the present, anything that should be present tense it in the future tense, and they never discuss the future. Or at least they shouldn't.

When liam proposes his Pledge, the parliament caws out another riotous round of laughter. While one of the secondary birds cries out

"To warm! To warm!"

the math for the Pledge doesn't work and the pishogue doesn't quite make sense here, as you want the Clause to work, which is the opposite of RAW. An argument can be made to have it work like you want, however.

6. Likes liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie watched as the giant tree man tried to form some sort of magic bond with the vultures.

"Too warm?" Sonnie glanced around. "I don't know. Feels okay to me. It's not summer yet, but California springs are on the warm side."

Yeah, she still had no clue how the Blindbirds' speech worked. They laughed, and the Beast looked at Liam. "You may have a future as a stand-up comedian, dude."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

8. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's ears picked it up, though the words that came out of her mouth made her sound far, far too stereotypically blonde. "Ya want us ta go ta warmth?"

Then she blinks and realizes something else. Her Mantle goes full force as she glares at Liam, though eyes keep darting back to the birds. "No Liam. You are NOT doing a noble sacrifice ta a bunch of carrion shitbirds. They don't get our meat without a hot lead appetizer first. Skill and equipment guarantees one of the birds die if they attack."

Which was probably why they weren't eager to attack. "Guess they're all too smart ta be the stupid one that dies first," she gives the hobs an evil smile, "Props ta ya fer not winning Darwin Awards via AK47."

She then darts her eyes to Sonja, "They prefer dead flesh I think. If ya Springs want a peaceful resolution, did any of ya bring cold cuts? I'm pretty sure Grub Hub don't deliver ta the Hedge."

She doubted the birds would wait for one of them to run back, make a call, get a delivery, and return with a couple pounds of salami. Mental note, carry pepperoni sticks into Hedge from now on. "Ya birds do know the pink market has butcher shops, right?"

Equipment
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Mien: Liam's skin is hardened into a bark-like armor with pine cone-like ridges throughout. His hair is made of pine needles that act a bit like a hedgehog's quills; standing up when agitated or smooth when calm. His eyes are a deep amber and his tears appear to have the consistency of sap until they leave his face.

Mantle: The scent of pine sap in a close radius, his needle-like hair ripples occasionally as if tugged by a light breeze.
    Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

Liam doesn't know what he expects to feel, but the nothingness that follows his efforts certainly wasn't it. The Wyrd just denies him in silence, and the bird's cackling makes him realize he'd blindly forgotten that these creatures were scavengers. They wanted dead flesh. Dammit! ​Circe calls him out, rightfully so, and the great treant deflates just a bit. He nods in understanding. As much as he wants to help, Liam needs to understand that he can't do everything.

But there's still the birds. And even in his current state, Liam realizes that Circe has a point: the Blindbirds hadn't attacked. They didn't want to waste effort on a meal that could possibly kill them. "Todaaaaaaaaay we leeeeave. Tomoroooooow we can retuuuuuurn with coooooold meeeeeat. And maaaaany tomorooooows aaaaafter." ​Perhaps hunger would prove a stronger motivator than anger?

equipment

Good to know! Pledge mechanics are something I've been wanting to get more familiar with, so this was a good test.

12. Bump "Bump" this post

0 Scenes

"That will not be! That will not do! "Meralfleah is ours! Ours!

Dead, decayed, delicious!"
    caws one of the other birds, inhumanly still and staring at the Lost with is gaping eye sockets.

The impass still stands, the Lost did not wish to leave their fallen fellow to be devoured, but Carlos the Metalfleah had apparently made a Pledge with the Blindbirds, he would make use of their talents and in return the birds would get to eat is flesh after he died.

Liam had tried and failed to call upon a Pledge to exchanged the body for his living flesh,

They stand on a precipice, they might still success in talking their way around this hobs and returning with the body, or they might fall. The violence threatened and promised unleashed and whomever is left will decide upon the corse of what shall happen to the Lost in the hedge corridor.

14. Likes liked this post
    Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie, still having no idea how these damn birds operated, looked helplessly at Liam and Circe.

"Why are they claiming ownership of him? We're the ones that drug him out of the thorns. They just that hungry, or am I missing something?" She paused a moment in thought before speaking again, "I'm probably missing something." It was just the safe assumption. The Beast often missed stuff.

She kept on guard, in case this turned ugly. Well... uglier, what with the dead guy and all.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

16. Likes liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

(Let us deal)Glamour 1 Willpower Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Yup," she assures Sonja, "I think, I think," Circe scowls, "Carl pledged his corpse ta them fer a feast. Like a donor card deal. Carl probably figured I dead, what do I care. Too bad, others care."

Circe glares at the birds, "Ya stronzo could have said that from the start! Offered a finders fee, but nooooo. Riddles and threats ya morons! Don't assume yer talking ta folks smart enough ta figure shit out! Never under estimate the stupidity of Summers!"

The Summer Queen clicks something on her rifle. It is NOT the safety.

"There's a Pledge involved. Hobs are addicted ta ensuring Pledges are followed by the word that they have made. Carl pledged, they want it fulfilled. Silver meat, they probably wouldn't accept a dozen meatlovers pizza instead, which is stupid." She nods to Sonja, "Ya could take my wallet and order them way tastier meats ta arrive in 30 minutes ta Iron Side, and variety, but they're gonna be stupid and go fer disgusting rust flavor. Not a combo of pig, beef, and bird."

3 successes

"I mean, I'd not like waiting fer it, but Liam on carry, and I'm on dissuade. That leaves you as the gopher, despite being best monkey."

Equipment
    Last edited by Circe; Apr 21st, 2022 at 07:12 AM.  Reason for Edit: Forgot Kit Spoiler

18. Likes liked this post
    Giant
    Strength
    (Lean but well-muscled)
    Spring Mantle
    (+1 to Pres/Day)
    Liam Gelt
    Mien/Mantle

Combat Stats

Ogre Seeming Bonus

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Gargantuan

The whole situation would make Liam sick to his stomach if he wasn't blessed with the singular mind of a great treant: a mind only quick enough for a few ideas at a time. And right now his mind was focused on keeping the Lost safe, including the recently deceased Carlos.

The thought of a lethal Pledge boggles the Giant. Even beyond being attuned to the Spring Court, Liam is a man who loves life and living and can't imagine parting with it for anything. Well...unless it was needed in the service of others. Poor guy must've been desperate. ​Circe's idea catches his interest though, and he nods with simply a low, stretched out "Hmmmmmm" in assent. The Summer Queen's practical mind seemed sound here. And again, perhaps stomach would win out over heart in the end. Either way, he's still towering and ready to lash out if need be.

equipment

Page 7 of 9 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread