Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well there is a saying," she smirks as she slurps the soup. The elfin Fairest then imitates a cockney accent, "If the dakka don't stick, use more 'til it dozz."

Circe wasn't entirely sure how security in the Hedge works. Traps can be moved aside with mere presence or not and trigger. The Wyrd was fickle like that. "Could work fer defenses, the Wyrd is its name. Sometimes," she might as well explain it, "Ya can make the Hedge change ta yer benefit. Sometimes traps poof. Other times, it don't and ya get an arrow in yer butt." She slurps more soup as she shrugs, unsure on how to explain it to Colonel Worm.

"I have no idea what ta put there. Most shit we can store there is gonna be basic shit, weapons or armor that ain't guns," was her current thoughts, "Food is safer in a Iron Side cabinet or meat locker." Though for making it defensible, "One idea way back when we had numbas," she slurps down her soup, "Ah! Was ta make the Summer Hollow reflect the maze of High Striker. Summers get Wyrd guidance on the maze, nobody else does. I ain't much of an expert on Wyrd constructs. Mundy defensive buildings? Well," Circe giggles as she looks at Colonel Worm, "Murder holes was a term I recall having looked up. We could go medieval on any invaders' ass. Boiling oil, very medieval and multi-use if it is cooking oil!"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm nods sagely, smoking away. "Yeah. Fucked up place. I figure, though, if we keep to earthworks, maybe we got a better chance of things sticking?"

He thinks in silence for a moment, "Seems like we need a consultant on Hedge-shit. Know anybody that fits the bill? Rhodes?" It's a fair assumption. The Dread Lord knows a lot of shit about a lot of shit.

"Ohhhhhh hell yeah. I like the maze idea. Leave some open spaces for training. Smaller spaces for storage and emergency bunks." The gears are turning in Worm's head. You can almost hear them. "I'll think on it," he assures her.

"In the meantime, I've been trying to train up some of the folks in the Freehold. Figure that, since there's only two of us, the more folks in the other courts that have a bit of combat practice, the better. I've had a good session with Sera. And I'm planning on working with Gerrit and Liam. Just thought I should let you know, you know. In case you ever want to get in on the program. As an instructor, of course." He grins around his cigarette. "Been using the Hollow to meet. Hope that's OK?" Better to ask forgiveness than permission. That's the way the Goblin sees it.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Cire shrugs at the earthworks idea, "Eh, probably? Falling inta a hole is funny, so maybe the Wyrd will like ta leave it." As for the Hedge consult, Circe thinks over Worm's question for a minute. After a moment she nods, "Rhodes. Possibly, Sonja. She patrols a lot. Probably learned some stuff by experience. That's how I found out about giant enemy crabs, oh ho ho ho!"

Circe finishes her soup and gives Colonel Worm a smirk, "Worm, I'm sure yer plans will be ah mazing."

She refills as Worm explains his training work with the others. "Of course it is okay," she assures the Goblin, "And I wouldn't mind that. Did it before and got my asked knocked out, oh ho ho ho!" The elfin Fairest pauses, "Well, I'm sure it was funny. I don't quite remember it, oh ho ho ho!" She knows not how skilled most of them are, "I try ta promote modern options personally. I think I've a old plan fer Summer's Coronation," blue lips smile as she leans in towards the red goblin. She raises her hand in a stage whisper, "I've done the learn ta fight gig fer events before. Foam weapons. Lazer, nerf, or BB guns," then faux pouts as she straightens up, "Stopped the lazers in High Striker though. Nobody wanted ta lose after I won against everybody a few times."

If you aren't cheating in battle, you aren't winning.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask
    Worm is tall, whip thin, and corded with muscle. He's got more than a few scars. His eyes are blue and wild. His dirty blond hair is often greasy and worn short in the front, longer in the back—what some may call a mullet. There's always a mischievous smile on his lips. His wardrobe is extensive and totally crazy, filled with second-hand costumery and bizarre outfits scavenged from thrift-bins. The clothes reflect his attitude: Colonel Worm loves to make a scene and leave a lasting impression, for better or worse.

Mien
    Worm's mien is quintessential Goblin: he is taller, thinner, and more scarred. His skin is a bright red and his eyes a glaucous white (with no discernible pupils). What little hair he has is also white. His ears and nose are pointed and his hands and feet are approximately doubled in size. His muscles stand out like lengths of rope beneath his skin.
    Colonel Worm

Mantle
    The air around Worm shimmers and bends with heat mirage, something you might see coming off of blacktop on a 100 degree day.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm quicks a brow? Sonja? Oh yeah, Sonnie. Worm's never one to turn down an opportunity to talk to that babe. He nods happily at the information, filing it away for later use.

"Giant enemy crabs?" Worm echoes, looking confused and intrigued. It sounds ridiculous but, then again, Worm's whole fucking life is ridiculous. Why not throw in some over-sized crustaceans?

The Goblin gives her two thumbs up: one for her approval of his plans, the other for her approval of his use of the Summer hollow. He also notes Circe's possible concussion. Well, who hasn't been concussed a few times?

The talk turns to Summer coronation plans and the Colonel leans forward a little interested. He nods along as she recounts the old events. "Ok, so... What's the idea??" Assuming her conspiratorial attitude.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

With a smirk, Circe points her now empty bowl to the top of the shack. A crab claw the length of a human forearm is mounted up there. "Yup. I hit its weak point for massive damage!"

The assault rifle probably helped a lot.

As for her idea, Circe smiles at Colonel Worm as she puts down her bowl and stretches. "Well, it'll take some work. Not much, a lot of the stuff already exists. Kinda easy ta make the rest. Free for alls with all weapon types mostly run on the honor system," she blows a raspberry at that. Some people spoil the fun or don't see because of concussions. "And the cupcake war was a hit last time. So," Circe gives Worm a wide smile, "Ya ever heard of a videogame called Splatoon?"

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Worm leans back in his chair, cigarette sticking directly up, out from his lips. He removes the butt, blows some smoke, and whistles his approval.

"Ho-ly shit... Now that's some all-you-can-eat crab right there. Does it have any friends I should look out for when strolling through the garden?" Worm finds that he is somewhere between terrified and hungry. Not altogether foreign territory for the Goblin.

He straightens in his seat. "Splatoon???" Worm says, looking confused. "Can't say I know what the hell that is." The Colonel has many bad habits. Tons. Boatloads. But video games have yet to catch his fancy. Never say never, though.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well," Circe nods, "I saw a few crabs Hedge side of the Sacramento River Banks," she laughs darkly, "Rotten dock almost took my leg. Makes ya wonder what's in the water huh?" Then sighs sadly, "I looked up how long crabmeat lasts. We'd need ta bring the tub and butter with ta cook 'em."

The concept of smoking, drying, or freezing it for transport didn't occur to Circe. Dry ice is a thing after all.

"A Nintendo game," leans against the smithy as she explains. Her hands moving for emphasis regularly, "Set in a post-apocalyptic war after humanity is wiped out. Endless conflict and constant battle over everything. From territory, to fashion, to laws, everything is fought over," she is playing the drama for Colonel Worm. Her tone was quite serious. Until, "And manipulated by a literal fat cat. Oh ho ho ho! With paint! Giant rollers, super soakers, umbrellas, all wielded by cute little squid kids made from paint."

"That is my idea! Paint weapons. Melee that have reservoir ta disepnse on ink-pact. Squirt guns. Hell! Throw in glitter bomb balloons ta dazzle them more too, oh ho ho!" She is sounding quite pumped. "Say Worm? Should we try ta find the dorkiest safety goggles ta go with it?"

8. Likes Endymion liked this post
    The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

"Sounds like you and I may have a crab-hunt in our future. Call it a picnic. We can hook and cook right there," he grins. Only half joking.

A game? No wonder Worm hadn't caught the reference. He's only really interested in love games.

The description sounds...eerily familiar. Except for the Fat Cat part. And the paint. Otherwise, it's the Red Realms all over again. Not something Worm really wants to think about. He lights another cigarette instead.

Blows a cloud of smoke. "I like it... I like it. And goggles are always a look. I've got a pair myself. They go great with my waders." No shirt of course.

"I was thinking about that, though: Should we do something a little more high stakes this time around? The events were fun last time, but there was no skin in the game, you know? Like, maybe some...actual boxing? Nothing where anybody's going to get killed. But maybe we can see a little blood?" Because blood matters. Blood makes things real. And Summer is the season of real consequences.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, I think we could do better then that Colonel," Circe smiles at another idea, "We could make it a jamboree. I got some sticks that'd make hunting crab a total blast."

"Exactly! Part of the fun will be having everyone be dorky!" Then she smirks at Colonel Worm, "That and wet, clingy, clothes with the excuse of free tie dye," Colonel Worm will notice that her ears bounce whence she waggles her white eyebrows.

Skin? Did he want to do it as body paint, oh, violence. Nice. That was a Summer option for sure. "True bro, very true. Summer is all about sweat, blood, and tears shedding. Wrestling, boxing, yeah duels are tradition. And bare knuckle boxing is an American tradition. First impressions are vital with that kind of contest," she nods then frowns with a sigh. She knew her friends in the other courts and their followers. "I could make a better boxing joke, but I'm struggling fer a punchline." Circe gave a dry laugh, "We can see if folks take ta go a round, but it might be just us going at it in front of everyone." After a brief pause she rambled on with her thoughts, "Some Springs could be inta pro-wrestling. I've Cena Liam wrestle a Gila Monster," she nods in recollection. And if she offered to Hedgespin costumes for the participants before hand? That could work. "Maybe Seraphina would agree ta Greco wrestle Rhodes, but THAT would become strenous cuddling or something."

After a moment, "Some kind of prize ta the champion? Bribe 'em with a thingie?" She rubs her chin in thought, leaning back against the furnace. The puns are not acknowledged.

The Damn Colonel
    Presence
    (Rakish)
    Summer Mantle
    (Heat Shimmer)
    Strength
    (Surprisingly Strong)
    Status, Contacts
    (Criminals)
    Languages
    (Spanish)
    Colonel Worm

Mask

Mien
    Colonel Worm

Mantle

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Soldier

Dynamite crab soufflé? Sounds delicious. "High impact meal prep. I love it. Who needs to catch then cook when you can do both at once?"

She's right, of course. The other courts may be wary of participating in something so...real. But what's the use if it isn't just that? God damn it, we're Summer. And our coronation should fucking have teeth. Or end up with someone losing teeth. Same difference.

"OK, so maybe not boxing. I like the pro-wrestling angle, though? Maybe we encourage everyone to invent their own persona, throw together their own costume? That should appeal to a wider audience, right?" Worm likes the idea of throwing together a flashy Ric Flair style get-up.

"Would you be into the idea of hedge crafting some kind of championship belt?? Maybe something that adds a little extra gusto in a fight when you're wearing it? Is that possible?" Worm would really be into that.

12. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread