Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nodded. Her friend seemed okay. As long as she knew the Arrow was there, that would have to be enough.

There was a smile. "I am still not sure about shots. Cocktails are easier. But I will try." It was a rare indulgement of her sweet tooth.

She shrugged. "I'm getting better, but it's still hard. Sometimes I'm wrong." She listened, thinking. "Hmm. If it is not a relationship you want, time and distance are best if you can get them. I couldn't get the distance from Kaze. It messed so much up and made moving past the relationship difficult. You could try sleeping with someone else instead. Even if it doesn't work your body is relaxed." She made it sound so practical.

"I do like the idea. I had hoped we would do more when Tyche and Naga were here. Guru and Crystal are nice, but I think I prefer it being just us. Guys make things harder to understand sometimes."
    She smiles. "We should set it up soon."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“We just need to find a shot you enjoy! Though that will lead to learning where your limits are. Some shots can kinda sneak up on you.” Laughing, probably remembering some fun times.

Frowning, “That’s the thing, it was a relationship I wanted.” Taking a long drink of her beer, it sounded difficult for her to admit, “At least, I thought I did.” Looking unsure, “Now? Now I don’t know. It sounded like he was down for a relationship too, then again, I could have misheard that.” Always a possibility. “That’s the thing no one prepares you for, developing feelings, and then not having them returned.” It fucking sucked. A sigh, “I can get just as relaxed having a suspension session.” Less emotions that way.

“Crystal is a blast to hang out with! Very laid back. But I get what you’re saying,” pausing, “I think. How do the guys make it hard to understand? It’s the guys.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow smiled a little. "I am not good at knowing that. But it makes me feel good - for a while," she smiles a little wider, as if sharing some kind of secret o broken rule.

She frowns. "I thought you did not want that kind of relationship. Though, I suppose these things are rarely planned. You told me to talk to Kaze when that happened to me. Maybe you should talk to this guy." She watches thoughtfully. "Do you know that? Or is it an assumption?"

The Arrow looks a little awkward. "I... have found men tend to not take me seriously, being somewhat shorter and a woman. It is part of why I am so determined to be taken seriously. Even though the Order theoretically should not be sexist, people find it difficult to leave ingrained behaviors behind. No-one in the Concillium, but sometimes it makes me angry. Confused."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “That it does.” She agrees with a nod, “We can start out simple, and build from there. Cause we don’t want you getting sick, cause that’s just not fun.” Even though she technically could prevent that, it would take away from the learning experience.

Sighing, “I didn’t think I did either. It was just one of those things that snuck up on me and surprised me.” Finishing off her beer and standing, “Want some more tea? Or something else?” and goes to get herself more beer, and whatever Phoenyx wanted, if anything. Sitting back down, “I kinda did, at least, I think I did.” Looking thoughtful, as if trying to remember, “Yeah, pretty sure I did.” Another drink, “I mean hell, I stuck around to have breakfast.” Shrugging. “It’s kinda whatever right now. I’ll just find a way to get over it and move on, it'll be fine.” She’d done it before; she can do it again.

Then an understanding nod, “Ah, I get what you mean. I’ve run into that with being a performer and being a blonde, not many expect me to actually have some intelligence. But I don’t think the guys see you that way. And if they do, just let me know and I’ll turn them into fish for a few days to think about their decisions.” She says with a wink. It could happen, it was an easy spell to cast. “And looking at from my perspective, the guys might have a hard time removing Phoenyx the fun and hangout to play pool girl and Phoenyx who can kick their asses Arrow. Think everyone is figuring out a happy medium that doesn’t offend everyone. But I know they respect you.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx blushes a little. "That happened last time. It was not fun but I did not sure it."

A smile. "More tea would be nice, thank you." The Arrow thinks for a moment. "You do not sound very sure. I do not think the morning after counts. Feelings tend to happen over time, and maybe you were just hungry."

The joke draws out another smile. "I think that would not be fair. Besides, where would we keep them?" She looks pleased with herself. "Do they think I can kick their asses?" Though she was trying not to she clearly looked proud of that fact.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “It usually isn’t fun and isn’t supposed to be. It’s your body’s way of saying you had too much. Over time, you learn your limits and what you have to be careful with. Like, some people cannot drink tequila, it causes instant problems and they’re horrible to be around.” Sipping her drink. “You just need to learn what you can handle and what your limits are.”

The tea would be carefully handed to her.

“Well, that’s because I’m not sure. Not at all.” Nope. “But I also refuse to dwell on things and chase things that just are not there.” Looking thoughtful, “I believe feelings can develop when you find someone that, well, gets you. And is able to look past the walls and bullshit and just sees you.” Or she hoped. “And of course, I was hungry!” she says with a laugh. “Think I’m just going to let it go, no more wondering, just write it off as his loss.” And it sounded like an ok plan to her.

A hand waves, “Fish bowls are cheap enough, and we can set them up in the Circle. They can be a reminder of sorts. Oh! Even get cute decorations!” Sounded like she had it planned out. Shrugging, “Probably. Though anyone can tell you it takes more than muscle to win a fight. I think they just respect who you and who you are in your Order. In my opinion, you should give them a chance to prove your thoughts are wrong. I’ve had some awesome conversations with Crystal, he’s a good guy.” Least to her he was.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx smiled. "I could have cured it, but it was important to learn the consequences." She takes the tea. "Thank you."

There was a shrug. "If you do not know, you cannot know if there is nothing or anything there. The path is hidden." she sips the tea and watches her friend again. "You are putting aside something you actually want for the sake of simplicity and avoiding a difficult conversation. The emotions make it challenging, and you have always advised me to face those challenges. I think you should do the same. Perhaps you are scared of it." The Arrow was trying to suppress a smirk. she wasn't familiar with teasing, but this felt like a safe time to try.

"Fish can be soothing to watch. My mentor had a koi pond he was very fond of. He likes having animals around. He thought it was a part of his link to the Primal Wilds." She listens, still looking a little proud. "I know that, but I have those skills as well. I still find social situations difficult. I have found things I find funny are not the same as what others seem to enjoy. It makes it difficult to empathise, sometimes." She looked awkward admitting it, even though it was clear to others, as if she had not noticed they knew already.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Sighing, “I put it out there, mentioned I was willing to stick around to test it out. But he hasn’t called, and when he has mentioned hanging out, nothing comes of it.” Sounding a bit defeated about the whole thing. “See, I don’t know if I actually want it or not. I know I felt a connection, but I’m not going out of my way to figure it out.” Then a shake of her head, “I have advised that, I have also advised do as I say and not as I do.” Winking. “You could be right; I could be scared of a difficult conversation. Fact of the matter is I have no real experience with this. And the easiest thing for me to do is forget it and move on.” It was fine.

Grinning, “See! I can even make them koi! No reason they can’t be fish that one enjoys looking at.” Another shrug.

“Social situations can be tough to navigate, but I think you’ve come a long way with it. And maybe being able to empathize will come with time. I don’t think anyone is born knowing how to empathize with others, it’s something we learn. It’s hard to be able to relate to something someone is going through when you have no experience with it. So learning how to come across as empathic and caring comes with time and practice. But trust me, you’re a lot better at it now then you used to be.”

9. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow looks sternly at Aurora. "You cannot keep using that to get out of your inconsistencies. You have helped me. I will help you, even if it kills you." Her eyes are hiding a smirk.

There is a sigh. "I think that is a part of it. I have had an unusul life, even for a member of the Arrows. It has made me very good at my job, but it also has distanced me from 'normal' people. I never quite know what to say unless something is about trainig of magic... neither of which are good topics for going out with. And while I feel safe admitting that to you because I know you woill not tell people, it makes me... uncomfortable not knowing how people will react."

11. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A thoughtful look before, “I think I can. I do what works for me, and just dropping the whole thing and moving forward works.” A sip of beer, “Can you kill a Life Master?” she asks with a smirk, “And if you did, who would you go to for advice and who would understand you?” valid points in her mind. “Though to be fair, it already hurts that he won’t hangout, and that’s about as much pain as I’m willing to take.” Did she want something to be there? Yes. But she also knew better then to push something.

“The thing is, I don’t think anyone knows what ‘normal’ is.” Oh yeah, she did the air quotes. “What is normal for one is chaos for another. You just need confidence. Training isn’t a bad topic, but it’s how it’s addressed and discussed that can throw people off. Some people simply train for fun or for fitness. And that’s ok. And not everything someone says has to be suspicious or taken too seriously. Maybe you need to expand your hobbies outside of the Circle and training. Take a class in something for example. Even if you don’t really get anything from the class, you get to be in a room with new people. New people who might share about themselves. Oh! There are like these, public wine painting classes! You go with friends and they teach you how to paint something while drinking wine. Could be a fun and less pressure way of learning more small talk.” Sounded like a good idea in her head. “Or, put yourself in a totally uncomfortable situation and observe how others talk. I learned at a young age how to read a person and how to be charming. It’s part of the business.”

13. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread