Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow nods in agreement. "It is reasonably quiet in the city. If things ever pick up again I will be sure to let you know." She smiles and gives Aurora a cnspiratorial look. "I... have done that. It is nicer to talk to you."

She begins thinking again, and stays quiet for several moments. "I think it did make it harder, but I did not intentionally learn. People talked, I listened." Then, she listens to the Idea, and nods. "I am not one for religious practices, but something to their memory sounds appropriate. I will investigate this. Have you ever lost someone close?"

Phoenyx nods slowly and drinks more of her tea. "Perhaps. I shall give it some consideration. Woiuld I be able to talk with you about such things afterward?" It was nice to check.

"That was the main thing I wanted to talk about. Have you been okay while I was away?" She asks. Not that Aurora couldn't take care of herself of course, but the Arrow always was bluntly direct.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a skeptical look offered to the Arrow, “You have?” her tone was one that didn’t believe it. Nope.

A small nod, “And once you listen, it can be hard to forget the knowledge shared with you.” Creating a bond of sorts. “Going forward, what do you think will help with that?” wondering what she planned on doing. The question shouldn’t have surprised her, but it did. “Oh, um, yeah, once, a long time ago.” Though it still felt like yesterday in her mind. “And my dad passed about four years ago.” But they were not that close.

“Yeah, sure. I’m always here if you need.” She would never turn her friend away.

The Shaman blinks a few times, thinking of what to say. It was true, Phoenyx was the closest she’d had to a best friend in years. And yet, there were some things she didn’t think she wanted to share. Things were still an unknown, and she wanted to hold on to the night in her mind and not share it.

“Of course!” a shrug, “You know me, not very exciting, usually here working on something or training.” Then thinks a moment, who does Phoenyx hangout with? “Why, you hear something different?”

4. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx looked a little hurt. "Have I ever lied to you? It was one of the pleaseures readily available to me during my training."

She looked back down into her cup. "I am not sure yet. I think avoiding it is worse - it is important for people to trust their leaders and for leaders to be worthy od that trust. Separating oneself from the people they lead is not beneficial." Logical to the last. "I believe I need to be more careful in those ties forming. Learn that because the deaths were not my fault this... greif, I suppose, should pass. It is such a strange feeling, I hoped you could help me with it. They were good people. But they knew what the risks were." Dark eyes look back to Aurora as she confesses the loss of a parent. "Did it hurt, when yhou found out?" It looked like it did, but it was hard for her to be sure.

The Arrow looks confused for a moment. "No. But in my experiences being emotional with my colleagues passing I remebered you had difficulty with death, though not quite the same. You had difficulty accepting killing the Seers and I had not checked on that in some time. I wanted to make sure you were not, um, 'holding your emotions inside' as well?" She offered an unsure smile, hoping she had gotten the context right.

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She couldn’t help but laugh, “Easy there, I was only joking with you.” A smirk on her lips, “And for the record, you have not lied to me that I know of. You’re one of the few I trust.” But the Arrow should already know that.

“Huh, well, there isn’t really a good and easy answer to that.” The ties were needed, yet weren’t. “I’m trying. But I’ve never been really good with grief and dealing with it.” Which shouldn’t come as a shock. Then a pause, “Not to sound callous, but no. My parents had pretty much disowned me for wanting to go off on my own. And it was surprise to get the call that he was dying and I was his medical power of attorney. But I had already grieved for the father I lost years ago.” They hadn’t been close.

A deep breath, “I had an issue with taking a life. I had never been in that situation before and wasn’t prepared for how I would feel, wasn’t prepared for the piece of me I would lose.” You don’t throw vulgar magic like that around and not lose some part of yourself. A small smile offered back, “I probably still am. So I’ve taken to throwing myself into learning different languages and work on my position as Acquisitor for the Mysterium.”

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx relaxes and blushes a little. She didn't care what most people thought, but Aurora wasn't most people.

"No," she agreed, "I am learning that it isn't easy. But I have you to help." A shrug. "You always seemed good at it to me." Or maybe that was relative, given how bad the Arrow was. She frowned a little as Aurora described her father's passing. There wasn't anything she could dd, so she didn't.

Another nod. "That is only natural. To kill in the heart of the moment is touches our souls. It makes us realise we are capable of great evil in extiguishing lives. It is difficulty to accept, but like myself you know you would not make a different choice. " There was another frown and a reproachful look. "You told me not to throw myself into work. Perhaps you should take your own advce." She brightened. "Maybe I should take you out and stop you working!"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “Then we can learn and navigate it together.” Seemed like a fair thing. Then a raised eyebrow, “Good at it?” laughing, “Afraid that’s all a show Phoenyx. I tend to ignore grief and not dwell on it. And it’s probably not healthy, but it works for me.” Run from it.

She thinks a bit on what was said, “You’re right, I wouldn’t change what I did. There is no telling if we would have all walked away alive, or how hurt we could have been. And I refuse to take those chances.” Not with her friends. “But yes, it does touch our souls, and takes some of it.” She did what she had to do.

Laughing again, “Now you’re telling me I’m working too hard?” smirking, “How the tables have turned.” Amused by the whole thing. “I think I need a night out, get my mind off things and just have fun. Maybe find myself a date for the night or something, a distraction.” It could help, focus her mind elsewhere. “Any place standing out?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx finished her tea and nodded. "Well... good at emotions and things. You always explained them to me and made them seem... not so bad." The last part sounds a little uncertain - the Arrow still wasn't a fan, but with Aurora to help her through them they were less confusing. "You told me not to do that. Does that mean you shouldn't do that either?" she asks, completely innocently.

There is a small smile and nod. "Then you did what you believe was right and acted in line with your true self, just as I did. See, if emotions acted in this way they would make much more sense." She places her cup down on the table.

The Arrow represses a laugh and looks down, blushing a little. "I did offer Belle a night out after our first training session. I still need to do that. Oh! I find sex is helpful for distracting the mind, and good exercise. You should have some sex." She shrugs. "I do not know many places. I liked the cocktail place we went to. Are there more places like that?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An understanding nod, “Ah. Well, I always just try and tell you like it is. You’re one of the few people I don’t have to sugar coat things with.” Then a shrug, “I suppose they’re not all bad.” Maybe. Laughing, “Yes, I told you not to do that. One of those do as I say and not as I do type things. I know it’s not healthy, and that there’s still a chance for you.” She was too far gone that road.

After a moment, “Then so did you.” She didn’t forget why Phoenyx came to see her. “And emotions will never act that way, they’re unpredictable and there are too many outside factors to figure in.” looking at her beer for a moment, lost in a thought. How much did she want to open up to the Arrow? How much could she?

“Then lets do it! Sounds like we could all use a night out.” Lord knows she did. A chuckle, “Usually I would agree, except when it takes a turn and you develop feelings. Then it just messes everything up.” A hint of anger in her voice. She was pissed at herself for catching feelings. It was one rule she had, and she broke it.

“Uhh,” thinking, “I’m sure there are. It’s been a little while since I’ve gone out, but I think we could find a fun place. Did we want dancing too? Or just a place to get drinks? Maybe a mix of both?”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

A shrug. "I just find the truth easier to accept." The Arrow frowned. "That is not a thing. People lead by example. Do you mean you think there is no chance for you? You could still change. I do not want you to have problems."

The Arrow exhales in something resembling a sigh, and seems to relax slightly. "Yes. I am glad I can talk to you about them." She seems similarly deep in thought.

"I am not sure about dancing. I haven't danced in front of people I know before." She nods. "Feelings do mess things up. But they help be close. Unless the person has been lying about things." Dark eyes look to Aurora, a curious look on her face. "Are you okay? You sound angry about something. I have been trying to look at how people are reacting by going to plays. Did I get it right?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “Some lead by example, some simply know what to say. But don’t worry about me,” a shake of her head, “I don’t have problems. I’ve made it this far, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about.” Some people were just to set in their ways.

There was a warm smile, “And I’m glad I can talk to you as well. Having someone to be able to confide in is important.” The world they lived in was not a safe one. Having someone to talk to was necessary.

Laughing, “You’ll be fine! We’ll do a couple shots, then just let the music take us!” speaking from experience, the shots helped.

She nodded absently, “You did get it right. Glad you’ve found a way to read how people react.” Was a big step for the Arrow. “While you were gone, I thought I had found myself a one-night stand and, well,” a sigh, “I somehow developed feelings and it’s pissing me off.” There, she had the easy version. “Haven’t really been sure what do about it, so I’ve been trying to ignore it and move on.” That was that. “So a girls night out sounds perfect to me right now!”

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread