Zero
    Hector Zeroni
    High Speech
    Striking Looks
    (Intimidating)
    Fighting Style
    (Staff Fighting)
    Zeromancer

Shadows grow deeper or seem to reach out, and objects look decayed or rotted. With powerful magic might result in ghostly faces appearing in reflective surfaces, watching those around the mage with stern or angry expressions, the mage might even hear whispers.
    Zeromancer Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Zeromancer knew the significance of the secret handshake Corn offered him. His mentor who was a ranking member of his former Mysterium group hand taught him the importance of such pomp and stance. But like his mentor, Zeromancer also knew that the best way to move forward in the group was to keep up with any rituals, and traditions the group used. He also knew that not every group was the same.

When Corn paused after mentioning Zeromancers role as Censor, Zeromancer decided to say something. "As a Censor I do believe we need to keep safe those objects that are considered dangerous. But I also believe that we need to make sure that everyone is on board. Additionally I believe that such objects and artifacts need to be studied so we know what not to do in the future but use the older magic to create newer magic that is safer for us and Sleepers."

After letting Corn resume Zeromancer decided he would take a seat and listen to the rest of the speech and to any ceremony that followed. Hearing Corn talk about Guanxi and collaboration between groups, he saw that the leader of this group believed that there could be at least a measure of trust and collaboration with other groups. But he was well aware that when the groups guard was down is when those interested in harming the group would most likely strike. He wanted to trust Corn but knew all too well that there were very little that one could trust.

Zeromancer impression of his new fellows was that he found a group that he could get along with, and hopefully make a new family with. For the first time in a while the Moros had hope.
    Spell: Speak with the Dead

2. Likes liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Zeromancer? Well, damn! Somebody's got aspirations. Belle was impressed, in her own nerdy way. She liked showing a bit of flair. And a name like Zero's spoke volumes of flair. "Podcast? Sounds fun! You may have found yourself a new subscriber. I've been using audiobooks to make my library a bit lighter." She was liking the new guy more already.

The time for banter had ended, and Corn laid out the intricacies of their order. But Belle wasn't the least bit bored; if anything the Mysteriums traditions intrigued her, especially when you had someone like Corn who was so gung-ho about them. "As long as we aren't jerks about it. The other Orders are still a part of our community, and we should've use Guanxi as an excuse to sideline them when teamwork is needed." She clarifies more for herself than the rest of the Mystagogues. Belle wasn't the kind to shove people out unless she had to.

The 'Master of Ceremonies' bit did inspire a bit of a mischievous look from Belle to her Counsilor. It was a wonderful highlight of the differences between the Warlock and the Necromancer: one fluid and snarky, the other straight-laced and passionate.

The mention of a competition perks Belle up considerably. Now THIS is interesting! A nice excuse to put some skills to work. "I second Neokoros Crystal's question..." The use of title felt good to Belle; felt like she was at home. "...if only because the scope is pretty wide here. Or is that the point?" Knowledge in the Mysterium could cover a vast variety of subjects and rarities. Though Belle was more of the treasure-seeking kind.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Aw, where’s your sense of adventure?” teases the Shaman.

Then came the business talk.

A smile to Zero, “Just watch this one,” a nod to Guru, “he’s a bit of a pool shark. But it’s always a fun time.” And that was all that mattered.

“That sounds interesting, I’ll have to check it out sometime.”
    She was a Shaman, and had been dabbling in Death, so who knows, maybe she could pick up something useful.

And then Corn got to business. There was nods here and there. Nothing she had a problem with.
    But him achieving Master? Now that was something worth talking about.

“Congratulations, that is quite the achievement.” But the offer of working against the others to gather the most? That wasn’t really her thing. So she knows this will be something she watches.

Others offer their thoughts and opinions, the Shaman content to sip her coffee and listen.

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru couldn't help but have a guilty smirk on his face, when the man was right he was right. "Beating you once is a fluke, my odds still aren't great. At least the drinks are." He couldn't help but erupt into a soft, warm laugh half smile left on his face. "Perfect, first rounds on me as a way of welcome then."

Definitely taken back by the revaluation of a podcast and a nod of understanding connecting the dots to the cold cases. "That is definitely a first for me, I'll have to give one a listen some time." Agreeing with Aurora before Corn began the official proceedings more in earnest, happy to hear that safety was at least on his mind though he wore his reservations about the appointment in his posture which shattered as soon as his own name was dropped.

"Yea, found it on someone. Seemed to have unwillingly transformed them into something more beastial in form and mentality. Couldn't get it off by conventional means, don't suggest wearing it. It's in lockdown here at the moment. Further study is necessary still. Perhaps someone more studied in Prime among us could assist?" Open ended and rhetorical though he knew he couldn't control that part.

The shift into eastern philosophy was definitely welcome though after each second he could feel the weight of his robes more pronouncedly. Councilor. Fuuuuck. Taking a second to straighten his posture for the minute it might last. "So build goodwill. I'm all about goodwill, well shit, I think so at least." He was a bit familiar with guanxi. and Guru couldn't help but be thrilled for Corn, applauding his announcement of his Mastery of Matter. It's exactly what Campy had said, many minds working together. A smile on his face as he felt that happiness spread through him.

"Not yet, not yet." He couldn't help but interject excitedly as Corn mentioned their inability to create Thaumium. "Oh man, if we work together just think how much we could make." His pupils dilated at the thrill of the boundless possibilities that would extend from that moment. If he could manage it...the buzz of excitement still filled his body as he shifted in place. Excitement buzzed as the thought of a competition, an excuse to begin a multitude of experiments he'd kept in reserve that he'd been cautiously sitting on.

IT almost spilled out of him but Crystal and Belle had good questions which sparked one of his own, "Oh does your mentorship in Matter count now?" He couldn't help but smile widely as he couldn't help but hold onto that wonder of possibility that he felt.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"I have put a thought about the rules of the competition. We will do it a bit academically. In short, we will vote who should win. You cannot vote for yourself or for me. Votes of Daduchi - my vote and Aurora 's but that may have changed by that time - count as two votes. Neokori and Neokores - the female plural form of Neokoros - votes count as one vote.

To help each and everyone one make an informed vote, there will be an evaluation of contributions from people with knowledge on the matter. This means that some of your work may have to be sent to Mysterium caucuses outside of Sacramento, obviously with your permission. I reiterate that I use "knowledge" liberally here. You don't have to put in an academic study. Service would suffice too, if it benefits the order's pursuit of knowledge.
    You can vote as you like, but I implore you to factor in effort, not just results. And to factor in results, not just effort. What I mean is that if I win the lottery - which is not that hard for some mages that can see forward in time - and I order from Amazon every book with an "occult" tag on it, that is no effort. Now, if I spent days and hours combing the books for the morsels of actual wisdom and cross-referenced and evaluated sources and marked the parts that are good to have and brought a synopsis, that's effort. If I went to all antique stores - including Campanella 's - and checked things for occult significance and perhaps occult ties - spirit fetishes, ghost anchors, touched by supernal or fallen world magic etc etc - that's effort too and not too academic.

Now, I don't mind if people work on teams. But it would be unfair, in my opinion, to have three people unable to vote for their team. It would also be unfair to let them all vote for their team. So... I think a reasonable compromise, and of course I am open to suggestions, would be to give the team as a whole a number of votes equal to members minus one. I.e. a team of three members has 2 votes. A team of 2 members has 1 vote etc.
    Remember that the team gets one gift.

On the help of outsiders, I don't mind as long as no insider information is shared. If Crystal and Guru want something nice for their cabal and grab Mordenchai to help them, so be it. But in that example, Eulogy will not have a vote nor be present for the vote.
    If Aurora and Belle want to make a girl-power team and ask Phoenyx - or Mobius , the same applies but Mobius has a vote.

What do you all think?
    "

To Guru, he answered "What do you mean? I will help you because you are a friend and a member of the Order. You will get my help to progress your own powers whether you want part of this competition or not. This has nothing to do with the competition. We are still the Mysterium order. Apprentiship is our thing."

I don't know whether Corn giving you the item requires XP expenditure from your characters and how that would be divided if the gift goes to more than one person. All those will be dealt by the Storyteller.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

8. Likes , Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

There were some more clarifications going around for several topics but Crystal kept it this time like the other times: since he didn't have anything important to add, he satisfied himself with listening. Corn clearly had put a lot of thought into that one - the thought of teaming up, much less with people outside the order hadn't crossed his mind - so the Warlock at least memorized all the rules and corner cases.
    Shit, what did he have to offer in the end? One thing was made abundantly clear: the leader of the Mysterium expected them to at least try.

He leaned back a bit and kept listening.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Any other questions or announcements, fellow Mystagogues? Does anyone have anything to say? If not, we could conclude our meeting with a heartfelt welcome to Zeromancer and a hope for a fruitful 2022."

Corn said looking around.

Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

With no other issues being raised, Corn ended the meeting.
    "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. If anyone sees @Mobious , give her the news. See you soon. "

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread