Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dropping Bodies: The Wrangler

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

"Oh, you hadn't heard?" The man looks Milton over closely as he replies. "Someone died here.

It so happened I was meeting someone here that night. I am not sure if I missed them during giving a statement to the police... I believe this will be my last evening here.
    You are here for some reason, no?"

2 successes

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Look Surprised, 2 successes

"No...no I hadn't," Milton replies, looking suitably taken aback."What...what exactly happened?"

He studies the magician with a look. "So that's why you've been here all week? You're waiting on the friend you were supposed to meet that night?" It's not hard to act confused. The man's words were, in fact, confusing. "Has everything settled down since the...incident?"

A sip of the Scotch, a pause as if it burns going down. He holds up the glass, "You're looking at the reason. It was a long day. I needed a drink in a place where I wouldn't see any familiar faces. I'm sure you know what I mean..."
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Jennifer Hazelton

The man glances towards the waitress as she passed by, delivering a drink to the couple.
    "I think its unsolved as of now. A man was found dead in the restroom. No great deal of blood on sight.

If you happen to be in the area and see her, do let me know. She has a strong build. Dark hair. Bewitching grey eyes."

Milton will be aware this describes Angela, the poacher that the Kindred had confronted and turned over custody to the Domain officials.
    The man pulls out a business card and places it in nuetral territory on the table. The card has a phone number and an address in the business district.
    Roderick Singer

"I haven't been keeping tabs on the situation. I am curious, do you frequent this area?
    I have been told that a young man with dark brown hair and a beard could know something. He was around the area after the body was recovered, I was told."

Time is Money
    Presence
    (Bland)
    Intelligence
    (Analytical)
    Status, Allies
    (City Hall)
    Status, Allies
    (Finance)
    Bureaucratic Navigator
    Milton

PRE

Angela...

The grey-eyed poacher. He'd never had the pleasure, but he's read enough of the notes taken by the others to feel confident in the ID.

He reaches out and retrieves the card. Looks at it briefly before pocketing it. "Very good, Mr. Singer. I'll be sure to keep an eye out. I quite like the place, despite its...recent history. It's a welcome departure from my usual haunts. I'm sure I'll stop in again." Lies. But what does it matter?

And now JC. Milton's sure of it. Roderick is playing the hits.

"Unfortunately, the description doesn't ring a bell. I'm not acquainted with many bearded fellows. We tend not to travel in the same circles." Obviously.

Milton drains his glass, sits back, fixes Roderick with his gaze. "Not keeping tabs? Don't sell yourself short," Milton sayis, looking a touch incredulous in a bland sort of way. "You seem very well-informed to me." A friendly smile.

"I seem to have finished my drink. I'm happy to stand another round if you feel like joining...?"

I know you've stated this is the final post, so feel free to have Singer turn Milton down. =)
    Health: Vitae: WP: BP: 1

Jennifer Hazelton

Ah, unfortunate that you have not seen her. If you do see Angela, I hope you will give me a call.
    Ah, you are too kind. I feel out of the loop on the recent developments, to be honest."
    A smile that is smooth. Too smooth. Perhaps selling lies. Yet Milton is used to socializing with Kindred, where lies and misdirection are commonplace.

"I would like to, yet unfortunately I do have to be going.
    I'm going to be meeting some friends this upcoming Friday at the club Rapture.

If you care to join me and my friends, we can have more time to get to know one another. You can bring a friend or two with you. I'll be meeting with a gentleman and two ladies.
    "He helpfully informed.
    He rose, patting his pocket to assure his coin is present. He straightened his outfit fastidiously.
    He bid goodbye and waited appropriately for Milton to make his goodbyes.
    The man departed.

Now Milton could rendezvous with the others.

6. Likes Endymion liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread