THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Puck's pad was a brightly lit and open space. The tv was turned onto the local news and the resonance from the hallow (however subtle it maybe) inspired a curiosity that would lend itself well to today's pursuits. The smell of citrus filled the space.

Today plastic totes of various sizes were pulled from storage and under the furniture. Half opened and half still sealed, books on the spirits laid stacked and strewn about the tables, desk, and counter. The totes themselves had been around just long enough to gather their own layer of dust someone didn't seem to think or care to clear off. Speaking of someone? Puck is standing behind the counter. Blue jeans, black t shirt, socks, and hoodie completed his home look. And if anyone else stepped behind the counter? He was suspiciously citrus scented as he washed his hands.

Time's up. People are coming. There was no more desire time to clean. Yeah, definitely time.

2. Likes Aeolus liked this post

Since Shane has announced some absence in posting interruptions it's safe to say that for know you and Phoenyx Xadun don't have to wait for them.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

For someone usually so keep on his own ways, it was surprising that Puck invited Phoenyx to his apartment to discuss the theatre. She had expected the Circle. Still, she made an effort to be adaptable.

In her usual leather coat, red tank-top, loose pants and sneakers she knocked on the door. She had even cut back on her weapons - this was Puck's home after all - to the knife that served as her magical tool.

She found Puck difficult to deal with from time to time - She was sure he meant to do what was best and was honest, but his moods seemed to always change drastically save for an almost natural antagonism. What would he be like today?
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Winds blow around the mage, varying in intensity depending on the spell and parting abruptly after.
    Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

What was Puck like today? Citrusy. Would the similarities extend beyond the odor? That remained to be seen.

"Sup." He smiles and gives the First Talon a chin up as he opens the door for her. "I got bottled water and a variety of sodas and beer in the fridge if you like. Help yourself."

My house is your house. Make yourself comfortable in the mass of plastic and musty books.

"So you remember those Libertines we helped? I didn't get a long look at the hard drive, but it used references from other mages and lore houses in the notes. I made some calls and did some digging and I found these!"

His hands extend out towards the books as a wide smile spread across his face.

​"It's my new spirit library. All things spirit here at my finger tips! I'm hoping you two can help me sift through it all and maybe find out some information about what that thing was and how to stop it. I got nothing on spiritual possession, but this might help find other means of dealing with it. I skimmed through a few books but I'm by no means an expert yet."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Hi," she returns his greeting simply. "Thank you." She moves to the fridge and takes a bottled water before heading to the sofa and perching on the edge, back straight, looking over the books.

There was a nod - it was hard to forget. You didn't see fire spirits every day, or experience how her host would do the exact opposite of everything he was told seemingly on reflex.

"It sounds very impressive. Spirits are something I have little experience with, but I know how to reference. Do you have something specific I should be looking for, or should we try to find anything similar to what we saw as to the mental and emotional influences?" She took a drink from the bottle, setting it down next to her.

7. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Cool."

Books are good. You don't have to argue over what's in a book. Unless the book is written to be argued about? Maybe you argue over books.

"I was thinking about looking for it's ban. It'll be the most obvious thing we can use to manipulate it. Maybe look for what kind of powers similar spirits have? I found out some stuff that should help us narrow down the search in my interview with Malcolm, but I want to wait for Guru before giving the full informational exchange."

He grabs himself a bottle of water and settles into a chair by the counter.

"So, uh, what's up?"

Guess who sucks at small talk, this guy!

9. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wasn't long after that before there was a knock on the door. Physically he seemed fine, skin was healthy, no bags under his eyes and there was a smile at the edge of his lips. He was dressed simply for the moment, a pair of jeans a white tee shirt. Messenger bag slung around one shoulder and a disposable tray in his hands. Today it was banana bread it seemed. His body entirely still, one hand resting on the bags strap as he waited to see if he'd been too late or not.

Sorry for the delay, know it's not the best but didn't want to forget about y'all!

11. Likes Aeolus, liked this post
    Bump Aeolus "Bump" this post

Okay, just dropping in now to give you the the compiled rules for this research:

Capping skill: Investigation (so research is done with (Int + Academics or Investigation), whatever is less. Characters with no dots in Investigation suffer penalties for untrained skill use.
    Time per roll: 30 minutes.
    Each character can only attempt 2 rolls with Puck's library (if he lets them use it).
    Modifiers: Character has failed a (Comp + Gnosis) roll (+1), character has Status or Contacts (Culture) (+1).

Characters who want to use the Internet to dig around can do so with one additional roll, but do so with a further penalty of (-1) and the time per roll goes up to 1 hour.

I'll be counting successes as a group, not individually if everyone is okay with that.

Removing my marble for now so you can exchange information without me; will keep tabs on this anyway.

13. Likes liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx didn't try to hide her confusion. "A ban? What is that?"

There was a small nod - it made sense to wait until they were all together. She shifted a little, trying not to look as awkward as she felt. "Nothing. Um.How are you?"

Amazingly, the Arrow was also not good at small talk. The knock a tthe door came as something of a relief from the awkwardness.

Just going to wait for Xander to confirm what ewe're using before I make the rolls

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Snarky)
    Puck

Nimbus

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sup." Puck says as he lets Guru into the condo. "Drinks are in the fridge. Help yourself."

"A ban is a quirk spirits have. Either a thing they do compulsively or a thing they can't do at all. Apparently spirits are really weird and have strict rules on how to behave?"

This is as new to Puck as it is to Phoenix. Well, almost. He had the Arcanum to talk to the creatures but that was where his expertise ended. He mostly used it to round out his socials skills at work. The whole spirit liaison thing? Phoenyx knew everything Puck knew except what was actually said.

"So we can dive into reading but I wanted to touch base on what we all found so we have a better idea what we're looking for. I spent most of the performance going over the actors and crowd with Fate. I saw what almost looked like a leash around Malcolm's neck originating from the tree, and collars around the other actors originating from him. At first it seemed a form of abusive authority and I had assumed it was the doing of the seers, but in hindsight the gross, inky black quality of the collars and chains seems obviously abyssal."

He lets out a sigh. He had gotten ahead of himself, and he wasn't as prepared for the reality as he would have liked to be as a result.

"During my interview with Malcolm he revealed that he had rewritten the play recently to reflect an encounter he had with another individual. The bench under the tree was meant to emulate his encounter, and he said that it was after this exchange he rewrote the play and people started coming out to see it. I think he might be a sleeper that unwittingly made a deal with something, but after my mistake judging this as a seer problem I was hesitant to say anything until I got more information. That's when we went up to see the tech and the altercation started."

He didn't need to continue because the others were there. Actually...

"Were you able to see the thing?" He's looking at Phoenyx. "I have access to the spirit arcanum and Guru's path made it a no brainer as to whether he could. I didn't really think to ask if you could until now."

16. Likes , Aeolus liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread