Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

PrP - BaF - Babylon

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

As the plot thickens, Conner's expression turns solemn. The contents of that graffiti couldn't have come from Jacobs himself. Someone must've taught him. "So we're looking at a Sire who possibly had access to Jacobs either from his personal life or in the hospital." The former was simply tragic, the latter was downright sinister. He'd be the first to admit that fear of death could weigh heavily on someone given the choice of the Embrace. "Did he mention any other quotes like the one he left on the wall? Or any hints at grand goals beyond just surviving?" Cultists tended to be either just subtle enough or all to eager to share.

Conner doesn't blame Max for that drink of tequila; he could only imagine the exasperation or guilt the Kindred must feel.
    "We appreciate your help. And thanks for offering that cellar; that may actually be useful if it comes to containing Mr. Jacobs while we try and talk some sense into him." Which, given they had a Ventrue and a Daeva in the back pocket, could be very easy or very hard. "We'll make sure to communicate your assistance in this matter. We could use ears to the ground around this district." Especially if others like Jacobs are out and about.

Conner looks to Helen. "Were you able to make sense of that graffiti? It seemed vaguely familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it."
    failure

Looking back to Max. "I'll gladly take that key if you have it available. We have associates who are helping us with this case who we'll be meeting up with soon."

PRP Stats: In Minisheet

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes
     Blush / Food consumption, 

NOS
    PRE

1 success

"Fair enough."

Helen frowns as Max lays down his side of the introduction of the whole story. She's not too sure whether she should trust the guy, but then, he did make some concessions... She digs out her notepad and thre pencil and starts noting things down as Max starts to give them the bits about Mark. She doesn't know what Jacobs has had there, stage 4 though ? That is bad, with a capital B, even without the whole 'being cured' bullshit.

"You know what sort of cancer he has ?" she chimes in as Max is on the topic. "Where did he work until he got sick, do you know if he had any friends or relatives in town ? Perhaps he talked about that."

Might as well see if Jacobs still tries to keep tabs on friends or family. She doesn't like the thought of some self proclaimed Angel of Mercy floating through some hospitals and embracing terminals... She notes down a telephone number on the lower half of the page she's writing on, tears it off and puts it in front of Max.

"As Conner said, if you'd like to help, keep us informed if theres more like that happening or he turns back up."

Helen looks shortly betwen Conner and Max as Conner asks about the graffiti.

"Longinus' Testament. I think it's from the Malediction, at least that's what I think it sounds like."

Which leaves several options, each as problematic as the last.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

"No, he didn't say anything else, he was mumbling when I chased him off but I couldn't make out what he was saying." Max says, answering Conner's question. "You don't have to communicate anything. I've done a lot of bad shit in my life time. This bar is just one way I see to make up for it. Giving the down and out Kine a place to stay somewhat safe occasionally. Now that it's not safe anymore, I have to do what I can to fix that." He fishes out the key as he speaks and sets it on the bar in front of Conner. "Just make sure I get that back when you're done with it."

He turns to Helen as she begins her questions. "It was lung cancer. Mark was a 20 year smoker, mixed with the shit they breath in in these factories, that makes for a bad combination. He worked at the same factory as the other victims, my guess is he's picking off people he had a problem with now that he thinks he's invincible. He never talked about any family, but he never really talked much anyway. He was a miserable bastard before the cancer." The Kindred runs his fingers through his hair again. "His address is (Address). I had to check on him a couple of times, just to make sure he was alive. You might want to start there."

He takes the paper and stick it in his blue jeans pocket, then looks between the two of them. "Anything else I can help you with?"

5. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Helen's connection to the Testament chills Conner's stolen blood, and a cold anger creeps into his expression. His Sire was Lancea? This is the height of arrogance! He could be an apostate, or worse...Conner still held little respect for Jacobs, but the thought that his Sire, the one responsible for teaching him of Kindred purpose abandoning a vulnerable and unstable monster in the world sit poorly with him.

Conner nods in understanding to Max's guilt and out of sympathy for his unique stance. It wasn't easy to be Kindred and show sympathy for Humankind. ​"All the same, we do greatly appreciate your help. And yes, you'll have the key back the moment we're finished with the cellar. We may get some good use out of it tonight, in fact." If they were fairly close to Jacob's address, then the party could use the cellar as a staging ground for their sortie and possibly as a means of safely interrogating the rogue Kindred. "I assume the cellar is secure against sunlight?"

He makes a brief note on his cellphone of the address, as well as securing it in his steel trap of a mind.
    "We should probably contact our fellow investigators." Could they be called friends? "This address gives us a good option for a united front." Turning back to Max. "You said you'd checked on Mr. Jacobs a few times. Did any Kindred notice you showing him sympathy? Maybe target you for it?" If a third party was eager to silence Mr. Jacobs, it would help to know what they were up against. "Or were there any signs his apartment was being watched or guarded?"

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

((consume food))Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

"Lungs, hm ? That's something." For their purposes at least. A guy with a severe brain tumor could go all the bad sorts of batshit, but lungs means he should be mostly clear upstairs. Biologically, that is. For the afflicted, lungs suck about as bad as most other sorts, though.

"Contacting the others might be a good idea." she agrees, failing to think of any more things to bring up at the moment while she makes a few more notes on the pad. "Can't think of anything else right now, we'll let you know if that changes."

She closes the pad and changes the pen to the left, and picks up the shot glass. "To the hunt, I guess." And downs the content.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

8. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

"It is safe against sunlight." Max responds with a nod. "I don't think I was tailed or noticed while I was there. It was honestly just a matter of knocking on his door to see if he was dead or not."

He looks between the pair and give a nod. "Well, I'll be here the rest of the night if y'all need anything." He says, then goes to cleaning up the bar.

I'm good to close this thread if the both of you are. There will be a wait while I get Milton caught up, then we can move on to other things.

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

(Consume Food/Drink)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Conner takes in all the information, then downs his drink. "I'll contact our friends so we can rendezvous and compare notes. He feels the stolen buzz of the alcohol as it goes down perhaps a little too quickly. A little 'liquid courage' for the night's events? ​"Thanks again Max. We'll make sure to keep you in touch" He gets the sense that, at the very least, Max doesn't want Mr. Jacob's actions on his conscience. A little closure can go a long way. And Conner had the sense that Max and the Babylon may prove to be useful connections.

[vtr] Sounds like a plan! I'm good to close. [vtr]

Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

Not too much to add there, really. Enough stuff to be done already, even before they'll get to the comparing notes bit... She makes another note on her notepad, almost as an afterthought, and slioghtly angles it so that Conner can read what she's written there in big, boxy letters so it can be more easily read from a distance:

'Might want to look into Max and the place as well later while we're at it. Just to be sure.'

If need be, she kicks him, not too hard, just enough to get his attention. She takes a sip of beer and stows the pad away again.

"Yeap, thanks so far, we'll be in touch."

Fully up for closing. Nice scene, everyone !

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post

Max bids the two of you farewell and closes and locks the doors behind you. Closing the night on your investigation for the time being.

So sorry for the long delay, it's been a busy month. For right now I'm going to hold off on opening any more threads until I can get Milton caught up and get you all together. If you would like to do a research glimpse for a little extra information going into the next scene, you may.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread