Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Still a good time all told, I think we have a few others who might tag along I could make a new, better batch of MDMA and go rolling for the evening. Feel that bass as it bounces off the walls, the press of people, the exaltation of Life. Always sounds like a good time to me." He said with a laugh, following the sage advice offered earlier he got his heavy bass fix and then found a set to let play so he didn't have to manage him as the wave began to rise.

Giving Belle a small round of applause, "Nah, more like Beauty and the Bass." He made a fist and thrust his elbow back as he savored that drop. He'd saw the pitch and couldn't help but to take a swing at it. The smile still beaming on his face as the other elbow came back at Corn's affirmative response. "Amazing. Oh it feels so close and so far at the same time. I'm gonna chill here for a second, too comfy."

Guru was enjoying the electric feeling that spread throughout his body, he wasn't up and dancing with the rest of them. Not trusting his sea legs quite yet, feeling the breath swell in his lungs before exhaling static. He didn't dance so much as bob along to the music for a short burst and then collapsing backwards feeling the soft embrace of the couch with a chuckle. "You haven't heard any of the weirder stuff yet Aurora " Grin spreading that split into a smile as a knowing look was shared over the talk of fires. He turned to watch the gathered group.

"So what brought you all to join anyway?"

2. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

Crystal gave Belle an enthusiastic round of applause. Clapping felt good and she really did show off some good moves. And he could totally see her as Lady of the Dance. Or the Bass. And oh shit - Guru put on another banger. Crystal stopped clapping and reveled in the tingling sensation it left on his hands. He changed his sitting position to cross his legs and become a more tightly packed bundle of joy and swerved back and forth in the music's rhythm.

"Yeah, because obviously we're all just desperate for some extra money." The Awakened of Sacramento apparently weren't only above-average in the looks department, but also when it came to finances. His tripping mind pondered on that thought for a moment (or four) before he found back to the conversation again. "I mean, I'm sure Guru would agree to stage some situations with me under your direction - not for a calendar but it could jumpstart your imagination on the fun you've missed."

He regarded Corn with a wide smile. "Yeah, I'm good here for the moment. Could you do me a favor? Be a Gem and get some shot glasses and the poison of your choice from the fridge." A bright smile you just couldn't say no to - especially since it was in the Moros' interest to get some shots into everyone. Wait? Hula hoops and even weirder stuff? Damn, what did he miss? "I've got no hoops, but there are some other toys and nifty things I could add to the party. Would definitely change the tone, but.. you know." He would be a bad host if he didn't offer.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

4. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

"Hula hoop? Oh it is ON!!!" Belle was never one to back down from a challenge, even if hula hoops weren't really her area of expertise...yet. "Maybe for New Year's Eve or something."

Guru's nickname strikes Belle's fancy, and she twists into a flamboyant bow in response. "I gladly accept your title, sir." She starts twirling between rhythms, arms wide and flowing through the air at will as she grazes the edges of the dance floor and the various couch potatoes and watchers. She's humming along with the music, swaying and in her own world when Crystal's words drop just before the next beat.

"Wait...what?" The Beauty of the Beat comes to a screeching halt and suddenly gets a bit of a blush. She chuckles nervously. "We're talking about like lightsabers or race cars...right? Those kinds of toys?"

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing as Corn refused the calendar, “We had to try!” might as well have a bit of fun. “Oh, so we really want to see Aurora make a fool out of herself huh?” still laughing, “What do we have to take shots of?” she was game, might as well.

A glance to Guru as she stood, “I haven’t? Well, consider me game for the weirder stuff.” The night was turning out to be pretty fun.

But then Guru seems to take things on a more serious question, and she wasn’t sure how to answer it. Her answer was, well, weird. “I just needed a change.” There, quick, simple, to the point.

An eyebrow raises at Crystal, “See, I don’t consider my hula hoop a toy, it’s a tool of my trade.” She begins, “So when you say toys, my mind goes all kinds of different places.” Only the truth. But she didn’t think it as that type of party. Not that she wanted it to, cause, yah, weird. Weirder than it already was.

A sly smile to Belle, “It’s going to have to be outside, I don’t think anyone wants their place burned down.” Oh yeah, her’s included fire.

Laughing as she moves to the fridge to dig for shots, “Oh, I’m sure there could be lightsabers, if one uses their imagination right.” Turning to add a wink.

Holding a bottle up in triumph, “Ok! Who wants a shot?” besides her.

8. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Corn was on his way to bring the shots when Crystal 's 'offer' stopped him. "Certainly Crystal means cars and lightsabers, Belle . What else could a gentleman host suggest to his bookish friends in a 'welcome to the Mysterium party!' that includes a newlywed man?" he said with an amused expression.
    Aurora got to the fridge in the meantime.
    "I want shots!" he said, then he looked at Guru . "Join what, Guru? The Order? Well, the mage that found me scared and half-mad out of my wits as I had no idea what was happening, was an old lady from the Mysterium in San Fran, "Laveau". Crystal may know her as "Fortuna" since she changed her name in recent years. She was a fascinating woman; she was mixed race but looked closer to the black side of her family which caused her problems in her youth. Imagine awakening as a black mage in the 60s! Anyway, her interesting story aside, she was the one to find me and I joined her order shortly after as it seemed a quite good fit for me although a bit too snobbish and elitist. It's from Laveau that I learned what I know about the Fate Arcanum, including a rote for good luck."
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

10. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

The image of the photoshoot rolled into his mind and he couldn't help but give a long rolling laugh, taking a second to collect himself, hands still clutching his stomach. "Oh wait, we should just go suit shopping." A finger held up and pointed out at Crystal as the idea had struck like lightning. Though he looked at everyone else to make sure they weren't left out.

Then there was a slight bit of awkwardness and Guru couldn't help but smirk, "Well in your hands it transforms from a toy to an instrument. Watching an amateur play and a professional perform are worlds apart." He nodded his agreement looking to Belle, "Like the hoop he's talking about things like a fans, the levi wand, stuff for flow dancing. They also come in LED and Fire varieties. I think the Lightsaber is a cool but impractical weapon. Who brings a knife to a gun fight?"

Passing a glance to Aurora as he smiled, taking her answer to his question and nodding his understanding his face wearing a more somber expression. Sometimes you just had to start all over. "Don't I know it." Voice soft, clearing his throat for a second to break up the silence and smiled and the brightness turned back on as he considered her earlier request. "Think I'll keep this one going for a bit, maybe next time yea?"

"Yea I'll take a shot." He said as Corn came around and he took the glass while he explained. He nodded, listening for a few beats before he tossed the shot back. Still listening even as his face contorted as the fire dropped into his stomach. "Like Marie LaVaeu? Think that explains the name change.." A small chuckle passing his lips that turned into a cough, just covering his mouth as Corn continued. Brows raised, head bobbing as he spoke of his Mentor's history. Trying to imagine what it would have been like. Difficulties compounded. "Seems like a fascinating woman for certain. Seems like you had some luck on your side from the start I'd say." He smiled and then exhaled deeply, more fire coming along with it.

12. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

The conversation washed around Crystal, who was feeling a colorful-cotton-candy feeling by now. Sure, the drugs did their thing but it was nice to surround himself with people that also made him kinda feel that way. "Suit shopping, you're on!" Because Guru had a fucking sweet style. And according to the rare metals he gifted Corn the Thyrsus could afford to better stuff, so that was nice.

"Wodka! There is Wodka, we're doing shots of Wodka!" He yelled over the music to Aurora. But he didn't want her to make a fool out of herself. "But I don't want you to make a fool out of yourself." They were friends, and if even Corn couldn't really embarrass himself with his moves it really was a safe space.

The Warlock was pretty amused by how his guests each took the suggestion of adding toys. "I think we're all better off if we imagine whatever we want in that place and I if I'll just leave them in the other room." He swayed to the music, his mind running circles but all in all he was feeling fine. In other words: just go with the Moros' explanation.

After taking the shots and feeling the familiar burn of alcohol he focused on Corn's story. Fortuna rang a bell, although he really didn't deal with her too much. Half-assing the membership and then getting persecuted for mind-fucking something would do that to someone. "Eh, I might have to ask my old Mentor about it. Enigma, Mysterium Obrimos - ever heard of him?" But San Francisco Mages being snobbish? That was about right.

It was kinda nice that the conversation seemed to flow without the use of games, so Crystal leaned back and relaxed some more.

Time sure flies when you're in a scene with 4 other people having fun. We should be wrapping this up soon. Awesome scene!
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

14. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

With Corn declaring he wanted shots, Aurora cheers, and sets to work pouring shots.

Part of her heard and processed what he was saying about joining the Mysterium, the other part didn’t. It was focused on the here and now, and having fun. And having shots. And forgetting.

Looking up from her activity of pouring shots, “Yes! I agree!” maybe a bit too hastily? “I mean, the clothes do make the man. And I hear girls, and guys, are crazy about a well-dressed man.” Ok, back to the shots.

“I have some fans, but my hoop and fans are not LED. But there’s no reason someone couldn’t use them without lighting them.” Shrugging. She’d totally let Belle give it ago. Then an absent nod to Guru before the smile waivers. But it was quickly back on, a well-trained act, “Shots!” she had poured enough for everyone, maybe an extra for herself.

A shrug to Crystal as she took her two shots, chasing the second with her beer before making her way to the impromptu dance floor and letting the music take her.

4 successes

16. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

The Beauty had her day on the floor, but the Warlock could recognize a master when she saw one...

failure

"WHOOOOOO! Go 'Raura."
    Belle goes from competitor to cheerleader as the beer starts to kick in. ​"Ha! Beast-Beauty of the Beat." She flops down on the couch like a little kid, basking in the night's events. "I'd call this party a success! Kudos MC!" She shoots a thumbs-up to Crystal. She looks over to Corn and gives him a pouting smile. "Hey! Happily Married! Care to help a lady out and grab me some finger snacks? Pretty please?"

2 successes

18. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

"Enigma?" Corn made a kind of face before he quickly recovered. "Well, Fortuna was not very fond of him. I had very few interactions with him before I left San Franscisco." And they weren't the most pleasant. He thought but didn't add it loud.

As Aurora does not embarrass herself but pretty much everyone else, Corn downs his shot and finds himself putting Fingerfood in a tray for Belle like the chivalrous person he is. It was a good night so far.
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

20. Likes Aeolus liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread