(Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am relaxed." At least he was trying to stay that way. He shot Corn a 400 watt smile. "And I promise to find us a nice trivia night to attend to." He drank some more beer and listened to the conversation unfold. Seemed like the Mysterium wasn't so bad of a fit for Guru after all. Fuck, Corn was even very accommodating in how the Shaman could contribute.
    And when Guru suggested adding him as a study-budy in the field, Crystal raised his glass with an enthusiastic "Whoo! I mean, it would be downright negligent for me to leave our newest Member alone with such a work-intensive study. I could add my knowledge of Prime and Mind." Was this the first time he talked about his Magic without stressing out or closing up? Huh, maybe his Mentor was onto something after all.

Was Guru already feeling it? Crystal checked himself - nothing. Damn his metabolism! Or damn his tolerance built up by liberal consumption. Then again, a watched pot never boils or something like that. He was fine right now, if things were to happen they would happen on their own.
    Same thing apparently went for the Moros. When he took his aside Crystal gave the others a crooked look. Something between 'typical Corn' and 'isn't it sweet', in a way he and Belle reacted quite similarly. He was relieved though that Maria checked in now rather than later, when they could be somewhere else mentally.
    Plus, he got a compliment out of it. He chuckled and raised his empty cup towards Corn as he got up. "Why, thank you. You know even though I'm pretty sure that my taste is impeccable it doesn't hurt to hear it every now and then."

On the way to his refill he dropped the smile for a second. He was reverting to his party-boy facade. Why was he putting up walls again? With his back to the others, the Warlock took a moment to pout and have another thoughtful sip of alcohol before turning back to the others. "And yeah, if we move the table to the side we should have enough space to fit us on the dancefloor. Could be a tight fit but," nodding at Guru "us two danced together and lived to tell the tale." There was a bit less bravado in his voice. It sounded a bit realer. Barely noticeable - Kaze probably would have noticed it. "Furthermore: I hereby decree that there won't be any mean laughter. This is a safe space and I don't want anybody to hold back because they're afraid of how they come across."
    With that much official business done he dropped himself onto the couch again. Yeah, maybe there was a slight tingle in his arms, his cheeks. He smiled again and it felt nice. Nice.

He pointed at Aurora. "You know I've already told you to just go for it. Fuck, if it fails you can always sell it again. And I see us as absolute winners if you really were to open a brewery." Maybe she knew about his tendency to pack honest advice into a sweet layer of bullshit. Maybe not. "And bass won't be a problem - I'm totally fine with passing on my DJ duty to you, if the rest of the group agrees."

He was almost about to start one of the proposed games, but held back some more. They were talking about each other naturally, and experience showed that forcing it sometimes did more harm than good in those situations. Besides, if anyone felt the need to start they were all grown-ass adults. Yeah, that felt good.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

2. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Nimbus: Light purple aura and a scent of freshly dug earth after a rain.
    Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

Guru had some interesting ideas, high or not. And adding Crystal and a control-factor could improve the situation. "We should continue this interesting discussion about possibilities of study at another time. Crystal, "

"OK folks, Sober people help me move the table to the side. I apologize for the toes I will step on." Corn said as he got to clearing a space for whomever wanted to dance. Guru and Crystal were on their way out it seemed.
    " @Aurora on DJ duty? Well, she's a dadouchos! Someone needs to lead and teach. "
    When the right song was up Corn unashamedly put down his now empty beer and moved to the now-cleared dancefloor, doing his leading-and-teaching daduchos duty. His dancemoves were nothing to brag about, as he has warned everyone.

failure
    For scene effects, see Minisheet. No monthly rituals at this time.
    Occult 4 because Mysterium is about the knowledge!

4. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Journey of self discovery? ​Those words of Guru's struck a chord with Belle. Or maybe it was the beer starting to work something in her. Either way, her smile softens a bit. "Hey, we're all about discovery here in the Mysterium. That's what makes it fun: the fact that we still have so much to learn." She feels a bit guilty for thinking the worst of Guru's background, but maybe there was more to it that the Shaman just didn't need to share yet.

The mention of Crystal and Guru as dance partners prompts an amused expression from Belle. "I feel like there's a story behind that. Any photo evidence?" She looks between Crystal and Guru. "Or are you threatening me to use my imagination?" For some reason all she could think of was the two of them dancing to 'Pink Elephants' from Dumbo.

Corn gets up to move the table like the macho man he is...and then Belle has to exert all of her impressive will just to keep from belly laughing at his showing on the dance floor. "Ah...wow...that's, um..." Finally, valour makes the better of her discretion and she hands her beer to Crystal. "Okay, hold this Crystal. Mama's gotta stretch some muscles."

3 successes

She does prep with some quick limb stretches before not so much pushing Corn off the floor as dancing around him. For those with the eye for it, there's some definite influences of some past training in the movements of her feet. A little bit of tap, a little bit of ballet, and maybe just a bit of silly club dancing. At any rate, Belle was smiling just as much as Guru. She's found her drug for the night...

6. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

While she was still curious about what that journey had been, she kept quiet. This was certainly not the place, and if he ever wanted to open up, he had her number. Wait…he had her number right? Fuck, what if he didn’t and that’s why she hadn’t heard from him?! Taking a deep breath, she focuses her mind on the here and now.

“I’d be down to observe.” She offers, “Plus, probably good to have a Master of Life on stand by.” a playful wink added.

Yup. This was a topic he was passionate about, an amused look on her face as she sipped her beer and watched.

But his offer shocked her, and she was sure she didn’t control her face on that one. “Oh, uh, well, thanks, that’s, uh, really generous.” Absently looking at her beer for a moment.

Then an eyebrow arched at Crystal, “And how come no one else was called to observe this?” she demanded playfully.

Shrugging, “Oh, I personally wasn’t worried, I’m one of the least to get embarrassed by something.” Growing up on a stage, you learned to roll with the failures. Laughing them off and move on.

“Wait a second here,” she begins, “I never agreed to be a dj! Lets just find a good playlist and throw it on random.” But she was smirking.

Laughing and looking to Belle, “I always heard, pictures or it didn’t happen. So they could be bullshitting.” A sage nod added.

Then there was a cheer from her as she watched Corn and Belle dance it up!

8. Likes , Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"This is definitely something you're not going to have to talk me into. And thanks Belle, that means a lot." A wry grin shared with Crystal turning into a smile as Aurora offered to be observer and medic just in case. If anything was a sign he was going down the right path this was it. Trying to think of the best walk to tackle it and get the most information out of it. A small smile playing on his lips as we then thought about how he could stretch it out too.

Then the last time Crystal and he did drugs together came up as the dance floor was being assembled, Guru taking a seat back in the couch and taking a deep breath waving off the dancing for now as he worked through his come up. "Definitely no mean laughter from me, think I accidentally elbowed Kaze when we went dancing. Pictures? Shit. I don't think so. I'm not much of a selfie guy, I try and stay in the moment. You can believe it or not."

It seemed there was no objections but a moment of confusion. "Think he meant me Aurora with my request for heavy bass. I don't mind, I won't be dancing for a hot second here until I know what kinda journey I'm in for. I might get weird with it. I just want that deep, heavy bass." He whistled to himself as it didn't take him long to find one, it wasn't too fast but it had the bass he was looking for while being danceable.

Smiling with that over he turned to Aurora, "You been ok? I've been kind of hard at work with my study of Matter but I hit kind of a brick wall." He snapped his fingers as a thought shot through his brain, "Corn, I think I need your understanding to put the principals together. It's part of your calling, yea? Not so much mine. Always swimming up stream."

A shake of his head that stopped in shock as he saw Belle cutting up the dance floor and while Corn paled in comparison he did have to say he was still better than Guru was when he was sober. He turned back to Aurora, "Sorry." The words said sorry and he was for the interruption but he really couldn't help the wide smile on his face while talking to her. "Bonfire soon?"

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Manipulation
    (Disarming)
    Resources
    Barfly
    Eidetic Memory
    Crystal

Nimbus

Walls and the Floor become slightly tilted, there's a sickly sweet and sharp smell in the air. Faintly, the sound chains (and even fainter: the sound of leather) can be heard. More powerful spells make the sounds more pronounced and colors seem to pulsate.
    Active Stats

Astral Dive II
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +/-0
    Active Spells: 1/4
    Personal Spells: 1

[2] Third Eye
    [4R] Misperception

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Weeell, there were other people to witness it." Skye and Kaze - both gone now. Fuck, was he cursed or something? Because that meant that he just put a mark on all the Awakened that were gathered here. Or not - he wasn't proficient in Time or Fate and really didn't feel like overthinking this right now. Instead, he playfully waggled his eyebrows at Belle. "As with every once-in-a-lifetime miracles, there is no evidence of the event. But you just made me consider opening an onlyfans account." He considered the implications for a moment and smiled. Yeah, he was feeling Guru's gift now too. "Or hell, if you're all that thirsty we could get together all the Awakened hunks of Sacramento and shoot some pictures for a calendar." The image of a confused Corn in a police-uniform posing for the camera got a chuckle out of the Warlock.

Corn and Belle put a plan into motion to dance - it certainly beat playing science trivia. Guru put on some good shit and Crystal was bobbing and weaving to the beat. But wait a second - 'Sober people'?! Oh no, Corn was one of those people that thought taking drugs would turn you into a mindless monster, a slave to your urges, a bumbling idiot. Crystal considered turning the tables and giving Corn a lecture on the topic but decided against it. He was entering the good-vibes-only zone and didn't want to tarnish that.

He accepted Belle's drink and watched the two dancing Mages. Corn really wasn't good at all, but he had to give props for trying. Especially since he was in a position of authority in the Order - but letting his hair down like that kinda impressed the Mastigos.
    Speaking of: Belle was ripping this dancefloor a new one. It was pretty enchanting, that mix of styles and her general limberness and enthusiasm. Okay, the vague after-traces they left behind while they were moving also added to the sense of wonder Crystal felt, but he suddenly got a strong, good feeling about the new Warlock. Belle was good people. Corn too.
    Yeah, he liked those people. "Whoo!" He yelled out partly to cheer on the dancers and partly to give his epiphany a voice. He didn't get up from the couch but he moved to the music's rhythm just the same, sipping on his beer every now and then. He was in the good-vibes-only zone, all right and while he heard Guru and Aurora talk he didn't see the need to barge into that conversation right now.
    Health: Willpower: Mana:

12. Likes BoxingUnicorn, liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost
      Analyze life, WP to boost a roll, Paradox mitigation, Non-path magic, Getting out of Grapple

PRE

As Corn was taking a break from embarrassing himself on the dancefloor, he heard Guru requesting his aide.
    "That's what the order is for, Guru. I am willing and able to help. " a bag of gold buys you a lot of goodwill, after all. Corn thought to himself.

14. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Rose Among Thorns
    Matriarch
    Presence
    (Friendly)
    Direction Sense
    (I Know The Way)
    Danger Sense
    (Spidey Adjacent)
    Occultation
    (Blinded by Thorns)
    Belle

Nimbus: Cracks in space appear just over her skin, shaped like toothy, hellish maws. If she's extra and especially angry, those maws will speak.
    PRP Stats

2/5 Personal Spells
    *Incognito Presence (1 suxx)
    1/3 Vulgar Spells
    Health
    Mana: 9/9
    WP: 2/3

Equipment: Knife, Minivan, Shoulder Bag (magnifying glass, flashlight, plastic gloves), Smartphone, Wallet ($50), Artifact (see minisheet)
    Combat Stats

Defense: 2 (Wits/Dex)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

OCC
    PRE

Belle gives her best Maleficent impression as Corn exits the dance floor, spreading her arms up as if carrying a cape and cackling. "HA! From now on I shall be Belle: Lady of the Dance! Not dark, but dreadful and beautiful as the bass! I shall take on all comers!"

1 success

The Warlock slows down just a tad, taking breaks between forms to just sway with the music as she awaits new challengers. She had to admit, this was definitely more fun than trivia or dare. At least for tonight.

16. Likes Aeolus liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Was she embarrassed that she assumed he had been talking to her about music? Nope. “You’re a wiser choice for music anyways.” A smirk added.

The direct question took her by surprise, but she still managed to nod with a smile, “Been working a lot myself, holidays are my busy time.” Fire and contortion at holiday parties had been popular. Then a frown, “I hope it’s a brick wall you can scale.” But she got it. There would always come a point where they all faced a wall. “But I think you got it.” She had confidence in him.

A light chuckle as his attention was pulled to Corn. Tucking her legs under herself, shoes taken off first, she watches with amusement.

Shaking her head, “It’s fine.” Drinking her beer. “A bonfire sounds great.” Nodding, “Count me in.” a sly smile offered over her glass.

Nodding to Crystal, “Hey, that’s a sound way to make some extra bank.” Don’t knock it. Laughing, “A calendar now?” a playful thoughtful look, “That might be a good investment.” Joking, of course. Cause there were some mages she didn’t want to see without their shirts.

Another cheer for Belle, “All hail Belle: Lady of the Dance!” giggling, “Might take you up on that after I either get a few shots or more beer into me. Makes me wish I brought my hula hoop, upped the stakes a bit.” She says with a wink to Belle.

18. Likes Aeolus, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Presence
    Status (academic)
    Corn

Status (Academics) 1.
    Corn Scenes

Duplication cost

PRE

Corn shook his head. "I am not posing for a calendar. But I am all for getting a few shots in Aurora so she could challenge the Lady of the Dance." Corn said as he moved non-rythmicaly to the songs. During one of his finger-food breaks, he got another cup of Aurora's beer and turned to their host and the Chemist-of-good-times. "Will the rest of you stay on the couch?" He said towards Guru and Crystal .

20. Likes BoxingUnicorn, Aeolus liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread