Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Dark Alliance: Issue 0

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Again, there's that nagging voice in his head to shut Mable up, to punish her for daring to suggest that the Lancea and Crone were compatible in any way. But Conner shunts it down yet again...

"Some similarities, yes. Pain should be purposeful, not random. There should be an order to it. And Creation does separate us from simple beasts, beyond speech and reason of course."

failure

Conner fails to notice Mable's attempts to avoid getting drawn in. Perhaps it's because he can't help but notice her own tantalizing innocent looks coiled up in a monster's frame. Normally he'd mentally pull up some Scripture or obscure literary reference to distract himself, but now he found himself pulling up a mental image of Maeve. Her bright, audacious smile. Her blue locks that you could get lost in...

Focus!

"Of course, we each have our own disciplines and studies that should be kept within our own Covenants. Which I think would be another point of our alliance; to ensure that Crone and Lancea secrets aren't taken outside of our own groups and abused." And she was educating people on being environmentally conscious? The lack of overt 'occultishness' was grating his desire to see bad in Mable. Good. She wants to hold on to what makes her human. What makes us capable of good.

On the point of the Carthians, Conner raises an eyebrow.
    "I suppose you would have an inside track to that, given the Prince is also your Priscus." He says matter-of-factly, without any bitterness or malice. Just a fact. "Although, to that note, it's possible that the other Covenants might be unnerved by us working together. The Ordo might not, and I would like to possibly have them involved in the future, but we should be careful of the Invictus. Their loyalties could lead them to try and pressure our occult knowledge for their own personal gain." The First Estate left a bitter taste in his mouth from both his own experience and what he knew of Quinn's. Perhaps it was the nature of Shadows to despise the overarching influence of the Invictus? Perhaps the Savage would agree?

Conner takes a pen and one of the sheets of paper.
    "So, for this manifesto we'll be laying out a standard of ethics to be expected of the Domain as a whole, as well as additional terms to exist between the Crone and the Lancea to prevent potential conflicts." An idea suddenly comes to him. "Should this go through, it could coincide with the Prince electing her Reeve. Could the Prince interpret this as a run for deputy?" Part of him wishes it would and part of him wishes it wouldn't.

Would you like to iron out the documentation via PM? That way we can reveal the final product whenever we see the Prince.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened carefully before speaking, "I think we do the manifesto of general behavior as a separate document. And then we can do our agreement. In the future we can add other groups into our agreement and perhaps have a meeting of the leaders involved."

"As for the manifesto, we could present it as additional guidelines for the domain rules."

Did he want to be reeve? "I don't know about the Reeve stuff? I have been just hoping that the Prince will accept this for what it is. And by passing this by the Prince I am hoping to keep the Invictus from getting upset."

3. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

The mention of the Invictus brings a brief note of concern to Conner's expression. "Understandable. Like you said, I was thinking of appearances. I'm not aiming for Reeve anytime soon. All things considered, I intend to run the Lancea as independent of the Invictus as I can." The First Estate had earned him little trust throughout his Kindred lifetime. He didn't see that changing anytime soon outside of select individuals.

"I like the idea of progressing in stages. That way we can figure out any additional kinks that might appear between our own interrelations and the standards we put forward." ​No need to rush things. He wasn't going anywhere; doubters be damned.

He taps the paper in front of him with his pen. So far the praise for Mable had been justified: she had a strong moral core and didn't fall for the glamorous facade of Kindred intrigues. While he couldn't say he would be friends for a while, at least now he had a professional understanding and appreciation of the Hierophant in Sacramento. And that will be sufficient to start. "Sounds like we have a plan of action." Conner nods. "I'm sure it will take a few drafts before we're both satisfied, but once we're ironed out our manifesto then the next step will be to meet with the Prince." The Shadow extends a hand towards Mable for a handshake. "I thank you again for being willing to meet in this way Mable, and for your suggestions. I'll certainly be praying for success in our joint venture to make Sacramento a better place."

I think I'm ready to wrap up if you are. Thanks for the fun Scene!

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, going slow and in stages usually works best. I have seen far too many push their agendas too fast. They may have a brief meteoric rise in the domain but they also fall just as quickly. I plan for the long game. After all, we are all around for a long time."

Mable shook his hand, such nice hands she thought briefly, "It has been a pleasure working with you so far. And thank you for doing the wording part of this manifesto. I too will be praying for a positive out come." Between his god and her goddess, what could go wrong. She gave him a warm genuine smile.

Good to close. Thank you for a great scene.

6. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

A dark sense of satisfaction courses through Conner's veins like ambition made physical. This alliance teetered on the precipice of heresy for both of their factions, and would certainly draw suspicion and fear from the other Covenants. Good. Let them wonder. Let them fear. We will, in time, bring this Domain's sins to light.
    "I'll be sure to keep in touch, Hierophant Mable." Two steps forward, and so far no steps back. Time to see how far this path leads.

Thanks again!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread