Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Jewel of the Necropolis hosts a meeting

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Bellamy's guess hits surprisingly close to home, and Conner feels an honest kinship with the keen-minded Haunt. "In essence, yes. It's a focus of supernatural sight that makes magical influences visible. It's main purpose among Kindred-kind is to identify Lancea or Crone influences." A useful skill to have for a former cultist hunter.

The mention of 'fire and brimstone' prompts a raised eyebrow and a rueful grin from Conner to Helen.
    "Faith isn't just about routine or grace, though it is a great part. Fear is a part of what keeps men and monsters accountable." The words sound a bit heavier coming from Conner, as if they were part of some deeply-ingrained rote. As they were; from the lips of his Sire.

Priscus Hazelton's defense of Quinn sounds startlingly like a rebuke to Conner, not that it alarmed him. It was just clearly a passionate topic for the two Priscii. As it was for him. "Any one Kindred's alignment to a Covenant should be because they believe it to be the right choice for them, not because of pressure from others or from want of gain." He does his best to match Priscus Hazelton's impassioned, yet respectful tone while speaking to the room.

While we're on the subject of Covenant ideologies.
    "My experience with the Carthians was fairly scarce, but it was respectful from what I remember."
    Which was Conner's modest way of saying there were no incidents to be recalled of disrespectful Carthians. "If anything, I can recall a few Carthians where I 'grew up' who converted to the Sanctum." Because few things pissed off the Invictus more than anarchists who joined the church.

Quinn's offer of support draws a nod from Conner, though there is brief look of unease. Like a child finding out the neighborhood bully was invited for a sleepover. "I intend to send invites to all the Priscii and their Clanmates, so having at least one expecting it will be helpful."

So far this alliance was looking promising. The Haunts were certainly a fine fit for the Shadows: each preferring to skirt the edges of society and let the prouder, louder Clans do their work for them. I could get used to that. Although he hoped that with the Mekhet unaligned majority there would be fewer Covenant squabbles.

2. Likes , pisces liked this post

Bellemy Salem
    Presence
    (Dreadful)
    Fame
    (Author (Pen Name))
    Contact
    (Street)
    Contact
    (News Media)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Bellemy

Nosferatu Curse:

Phisically deformed head and mouth with shark-like teeth and a grotesquly emaciated body, too long nails and a palpable aura of inappropriateness.

FAME
    NOS
    PRE

Bellemy's eyes glanced over Connor and Quinn without remark as the haunt turned attention to Helen. The other Nosferatu was her usual blunt self and Bellemy smiled.

Moving to engage Jennifer, Bellemy listened to the priscus speak with a pang of regret that more time was not spent with Mr. Moore. The friendly giant seemed kind and although there meetings were brief Bellemy found his absence saddening. The conversation regarding Heinrich reached a terminus and Bellemy shared no more insight in that regard.

The haunt bowed toward Jennifer at the compliment. "Thank you, I sincerely wish for that as well. Strange that the one thing we immortals never seem to have in abundance is time." Bellemy said with a tinge of saddness.

Jennifer's question about covenants steered the conversation along a new path. This was an interesting avenue for Bellemy who greatly wanted to hear the other's answer concerning the Carthians. When Conner indicated that his interactions were mostly "respectful" Bellemy could not suppress a joyful laugh. "In my experience we are a curmudgeonly bunch of ne'er do wells but I suppose milage may vary."

Bellemy nodded to Jennifer at the revelation that she had changed Lance's mindset. "That actually makes a lot of sense. At it's very core the Carthian movement is fluidity of thought.

The haunt nodded in recognition of Quinn's devotion to neutrality.

Bellemy avoided the question regarding mass simply by not commenting. It would be the height of rudeness towards their guests if Bellemy overshared about the topic. The old adage "opinions are like assholes, everyone has one but no one wants to hear it." applies.

During the conversation about Magic Bellemy smiled at having guessed correctly. "That is fascinating. I am truly awed when I hear of the marvelous feats we can achieve when properly motivated."

Curse: See Minisheet

4. Likes , pisces liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Boxer's Build)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Connor OBrien

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Connor listens to the chatter around the Caldarium, all while firmly affixed to Quinn. The way Helen speaks about Quinn's decision to go unaligned can be taken many ways, so Connor keeps quiet. His eyes dart to Jennifer, however, when she makes the assumption that Helen asked because of her views on the Invictus. Knowing Helen's temperament when such assumptions are thrown her way, he'll have to keep a close eye on the situation. Speak on the matter only when necessary.

Jennifer's question to him, however, brings him out of his cautious daze... at least a little. "Relations were... shaky, to say the least. The Carthians of New York are clever. They've worked out how to gain small victories through the First Estate's own manners and traditions. It was quite a thing to watch, honestly."
    Nosferatu Curse: An Aura of Danger, like the feeling that causes the hair to stand up on the back of your neck.
    The Vanishing:

6. Likes liked this post
    Helen Kingsley
    Helen Kingsley Scenes

NOS
    PRE

What ? One of the reasons to keep friends (or in this case: family) and money weeeell separated.

"I don't know..." she offers. "I was curious about it myself as she brought it up, so I thought I'd ask."

She could offer a few thoughts of her own on the hows and whys, but apparently, Jennifer is not really interested in that sort of conversation. Feels a little more like some sort of call out, perhaps some in-joke or some public shaming approach... Either way, strike one, because in Helen's book ? Seriously, that's not cool. At all. She's considering to have a little speech about how Invictus and the Lances fucked up the last domain for reasons little else than the usual political bullshit. It's always fun at parties ! Nah, not with people around.

"In most domains I've been in, the Lancea was happy enough if enough people are interested in their teachings, even if they didn't formally join the covenant. Mostly covers Invictus and Carthians, for pretty obvious reasons. As long as they didn't demand people to join the covenant exclusively and kept their loud recruiting drives to the Unaligned and at the fringes, there were few problems."

Not that Quinns words give her any reassurance. Her money's patient and comfortable where it is right now, and so is Helen. Let push come to shove, they'll see what those words are worth.

"A part of several, Mr Wells. Some people like to focus on it a lot, because it fits the mood, and forget the rest."

Clever Carthians who emulate the ways of the Invictus, eh ? Now there's a riddle whether this is supposed to be a cautionary tale, a hidden piece of advice or a mixture with some sprinkles of other on top.

Nosferatu Curse: The vibe that that shadow is not doing as a shadow does as soon as you're not looking directly at it.

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 
     Blush, Imbibe, 

ExitScene

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer gave Quinn a friendly smile. "Well said, Priscus Durant."
    She could have chosen a different avenue, and Jennifer was pleased that she had taken the gracious one.

Jennifer nodded slightly as Conner Wells states his opinion on Covenants.
    QuoteQuote:
    Fear is a part of what keeps men and monsters accountable."
    "Very interesting belief. I do have to agree with that, Mr. Wells."

"I agree, we always seem to have so many presses on our time." She replied to Bellemy pleasantly.

Jennifer glanced to Connor. Curious, she had never seen Carthians emulate the way of the Invictus.
    "Very curious. Something to talk about later, perhaps." A discrete glance to Bellemy.
    Perhaps she would know that Jennifer had asked to give knowledge from other Domains.
    Liam made a brief appearance by the doorway of the Caldarium. Then the ghoul moved back to wait by the seating area.
    "It seems that its that time." She states to the room. "I am glad that we had this opportunity to get to know each other. I am open if you would like to get together another time."

Jennifer says with a pleasant smile.
    The Kindred who were guests in the Necropolis made preparations and departed, two hours until dawn. The Nosferatu had a moment to themselves before dawn.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

9. Likes pisces, BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread