Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

About Town: The Antique Shop

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Jennifer Hazelton

JC makes an excuse and quickly departs the store.

" A friend? Did they not give you the special code?"
    The man appears surprised. "I have two lovely pieces in the display, if you would follow me. There's a broach from a promising source being authenticated at the moment.
    If you like, I could call you when it becomes available.'

The man leads the way to an display case. The large man from the club notices and walks over, standing on the opposite side of the case.
    "Good evening." He greets, professional.
    On the walk over, Quinn noted a brunette man in an expensive suit slipping into a nearly concealed door, carrying a tray with a small grey velvet bag upon it.

A young woman stylishly dressed approached Mable. "Good evening. Welcome. We have some fine pieces that were put on display only this week.
    Can I help you find something?"

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn moved quickly and immediately tried for the clerks mind. The iron was hot for it after all, they had brought it up and had it in the forefront of their mind. Quinn went for it like a starving wolf to bare ankles a beautiful smile forming on her face. Focusing on the clerk intently, though the bodyguard gorilla from the club she kept in her peripheral. She saw them all. But for this moment she needed her mind intent on getting that information. Stat.

Telepathy Roll

Quinn heard Mable, but didn't turn. Trying hard to get the information they would need.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable watched the big guy who was near Quinn. She saw someone pass through what she assumed was a door to a back room or vault. Mable would have to decide if she should use her senses and on whom. Meanwhile, she would be prepared for a fight if needed. She made sure to keep herself facing Quinn's direction.

A sales person distracted her. "Yes, I am looking for several things. The first is I need a good solid desk, my house is full of interesting and odd furniture. So I want something interesting and old. I also would like a pocket watch."

She tilted her head, her interest evident. "Things only on display this week? That sounds interesting. What kinds of things?"

What was Quinn doing? Something that took focus? Mable would stay out of the way but near by.

Jennifer Hazelton

Quinn skims the surface thoughts of the clerk. The man was thinking on two lines of thought: why that other guy had left so quickly. Was this potential buyer one of the special people Forten had mentioned? Jim had a conviction that he wasn't to mention anything about the special items unless they followed the script.

He had some anxiety about Forten, as the boss had told him to let the new worker use the back room. There were expensive pieces back there, and was Forten going to be mad at him when something went missing?

The woman considered Mabel for a moment. "Interesting and old?" She repeated. We have the new Wizard of Oz display. Those hold their value quite well. We also have two new couture dresses which I believe could be your size. They were lovingly cared for. We have a few more items, if you could let me know your interests.
    "Regarding the desk: do you have a specfic era or something with character?
    We have one Queen Anne style writing table. A true rare find, we have an Victorian Mahogany And Marquetry Inlaid Writing Desk. It is from 1880." The sales woman made her suggestions.

"I don't recall a pocket watch off the top of my head. I would be glad to walk you over to my associate who knows about jewelry, if you wish. I can show you the desks if you would like to follow me."

Quinn and Mable, give me a Wits + Composure, -1 mod please

5. Likes pisces liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Requested Roll
    3 successes

Quinn Durant
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Striking Looks
    (Enticing)
    Barfly
    (Velvet Rope Jockey)
    Good Breeding
    City Status
    Quinn Durant

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quinn chuckled a little. "Yeah, she was supposed to meet me last night at Rapture, but she just never showed." She said softly. "I better track her down and talk to her. She seemed so certain that this what I needed, now I think I need the clarity that can only come from her." Quinn said with a little laugh. "Thank you though. I don't want to waste anymore of your time."

So special items and the real shit was only for special passcode people. Which means it wasn't for regular lookey loo's. Does that mean, non human people? Could this cat be being used like some kind of vessel to transport life force to imbue items with power? I mean....damn. That sounded so far fetched and crazy, yet...here she was.

Quinn backed away from the counter, and took out her cell phone, and texted Mable before exiting the shop. They would have to come back here anyway, but it was time to interrogate the prisoner, they wouldn't get much further, and if they raised to much suspicion they would fail entirely.

Jennifer Hazelton

Mable Wood can you make your post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looked around, "Queen Anne sounds great."

Then her phone buzzed. "Oh crap, work." She looked up."I 'll be back. Please keep the desk in mind for me. I got called into work for an emergency." She gave a look of regret.

Then she left the building.

Jennifer Hazelton

The two Kindred make reasonable reasons to leave. A backwards glance or any observation on the salespeople reveal that they continue to go about their business. Straightening displays, the man speaking with Quinn moves to the back and says something short to the large man. The large man shrugs, apparently unconcerned. He goes back to watching the two women being helped at the jewelry counter.
    Before long, the last customers depart. The store is locked up and the young women and the one young man depart. By the Kindred count, if they observe, leaves two men remaining in the building as the store front lights are shut off.

What do Mable and Quinn do next?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread