Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Wood, the Wells, and the Words

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Oct 1, 2021 : (2110) Eternal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Night life hmmm. "I know a few fun bars if you are interested."

"Yes, I work with the Urban Forestry Project. I do have some contact with Kine. Mostly I work nights, obviously, but I do have meetings and dealing with them. Also, my farm is mostly run by students from a local agricultural college." She reached into her bra and pulled out a card. "These are my contact numbers." She handed him the card.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap suddenly looks startled. He takes out a small silver object, a cheap 'flip phone' and looks at a text he has apparently received.

"Tarnation." He mutters.

Then he looks at the other two. "I apologize. I have to answer this call. No choice in the matter." Dirt Nap says, shaking his head.

He makes a respectful exit from the Eternal Court.

4. Likes , BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

HP: 0/7 [7 Bash]
    WP: 0/2
    Vitae: 2/6

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

Def: 3 (Dex; Tonfa +1)
    Armor: 1/0 (Reinforced Clothing)
    Initiative: 4
    Speed: 9

PRE

Conner takes Mable's business card and tries not to think too hard about where she got it from. "I'm always open to suggestions. I understand you and Maeve know each other, perhaps sometime we can find some time to explore." A bit of a liberal olive branch, but he would need to know more about this city and its people beyond the walls of the Nox. And he'd prefer to have someone else with him around Mable so that he could keep some of his nastier impulses in check around the Witch, at least until he'd had a moment to work through some things. "So you're an outdoorswoman?" Makes sense, given her Clan. "Do you handle just general groundskeeping or disaster recovery?" He'd heard of California wildfires and the peril they presented to all forms of life, Kindred or no.

Conner notes Dirt Nap's reaction to the phone call. There's a brief flicker of concern on the Shadow's face. It's not like Dirt Nap to be this animated. He recovers with a quick nod. "Of course. Godspeed, Mr. Carter." Must be Covenant business? Or maybe something more personal.

As one Savage makes his exit, Conner looks to the one left with him. Dammit! Just when this was going so well.His smile seems perhaps a little apologetic. "Just let me know what time would work for you and I'll set up a meeting space for us." He does give a quick glance in the direction Dirt Nap left. The idea of including the Ordo Dracul in their little arrangement was still an attractive idea to the Shadow Pastor, but if Dirt Nap wasn't interested...

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave Dirt Nap a worried look. Was he going to have to leave town again? She always wondered when and if she would ever see him again.

Turning back to Connor, was he dating Maeve? "Yes, I enjoy her company. That would be great."

"Yes, I have always enjoyed the outdoors. I do both. I keep the cemeteries trees trimmed and healthy. And I do clean up after the fires. Primarily I go through and test the surviving trees to see if they are able to stay or need to be pulled. Then I plant shrubs and trees to reseed the land. The biggest issue is to make sure there are enough trees to keep runoff from happening. I also have an air quality questionnaire I use to make sure areas are safe to live in etc."

"Historical fiction? Like documentaries? Oh no. that would be non-fiction. More like the Imitation Game? Do you have a preference? like do you prefer war movies, president/leader movies? or something else? Mable allowed her train of thought to be verbalized as she tried to figure out what he meant by historical fiction.

7. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Equipment: Reinforced Jacket, Broadsword, Messenger Bag (flashlight, pen, notepad, binoculars, duct tape), Phone, Wallet ($50 cash)
    Combat Stats

PRE

Mable seems to know her job really well. Perhaps she'd been a ranger before her Embrace? ​And what of all this talk about pruning the land? She's got a whole forest to hide cursed ritual sites. Still, now he knew a sliver of a side of Mable that wasn't her involvement with the Circle. At least, as far as he knew.

The interest in his preferred films catches Conner's attention, and he considers for a brief moment. "Yes, very much like 'The Imitation Game'. Another favorite of mine is 'Woman in Gold'." He could empathize in many ways with Ryan Reynold's character from that film. ​"I suppose you could say 'leader' films, though I suppose not all of my favorite films have protagonists who ascend to power. Some are just strong-willed people who look for a desired end and fight for it against all odds." ​Another quality he tried to aspire to. "I do enjoy documentaries too, provided the subject isn't too obtuse. Even with immortality in mind, it's never too early to start learning." There's a bit of a somber smile.

So Mable worked as a park ranger, had consistent contact with humans, and wasn't afraid to explore mundane interests outside of Court. Conner had to admit, he could see why Maeve might find some kinship with her.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I've never seen Woman in Gold. And it sounds like you like historical based films where the underdog fights their way to success. But then a film about someone who comes from success and has nothing but success would e a bit boring, no one to root for." She grinned.

"So tell me, what does Woman in Gold have to recommend it? I mean I loved Imitation Game, it had an intellectual side to it and was weirdly exciting and sad all at one time. It was an interesting view into the time period."

"Learning should be a forever endeavor." She nodded.

"As far as meeting, I can make my schedule fit what you want. I just need an hour's notice. By the way, I heard you were coming after me because of my being part of the Circle. I hope not. Because I am enjoying your company."

10. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

"You're right, it's more cathartic to see success as a result of effort and trial than just something inherited." Conner permits a return smile. It helped he was basically living an underdog story himself.

"Woman in Gold is about a woman who survived the Holocaust, but lost a family heirloom during the German occupation. She teams up with a lawyer to regain the painting, which sits in a German museum. It's got some surprising performances in it, but what I appreciate the most is the persistent struggle against adversity even from such a seemingly mundane front. A desire to redeem and reclaim the past." That struck an especially strong chord with Conner. The desire to reclaim what was lost.

And now Mable's frankness went from endearing to clawed annoyance.
    What!? Why would she think I was targeting her?
    ...JC
    Conner thinks back to his conversation with JC several months ago, about who he'd disparaged the Circle in particular. Perhaps he thinks I had it out for Mable because she lead the Circle. And was he wrong? Conner's smile slims down and a firmness comes into his voice, quiet but persistent. "I am not coming after you, Mable. I have heard nothing but praise for you from others in the Domain, and I can see why even from what little interaction we've had. Part of the reason I want to meet with you is because I want to avoid the conflicts our Covenants find themselves embroiled in." He's tempted to step in a bit closer, get in her face. But that only worked Debatable with Maeve. Here he would have to use caution; show respect. "I'm glad you enjoy my company, quite frankly I'm enjoying yours." ​The unblushed warmth returns to his expression; a genuine reaching out through just his facial features. "I want this to be a fresh start for both our groups. If you'll let me try." He leaves the ball in her court; if Mable would let fear get the best of her, than this alliance wouldn't be worth it. But if she was willing to trust him...

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Woman in Gold sounds very sad." Reminds her of how many kindred act trying to repress each other instead of working together.

"I'm glad your not coming after me. I felt I needed to clear the air so to speak." She really couldn't help her out bursts of honesty, it's like something broke when she was turned.

"I don't see any reason our covenants need to be in conflict. Of course I'll let you try and work on your negative feelings about the Circle." Trust could be earned.

13. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
    Blood & Faith
    Presence
    (Earnest)
    Allies
    (Academia)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Eidectic Memory
    Conner Wells
    PRP Stats

Combat Stats

PRE

The Beast desperately tries to cling to paranoia, desperate to find some excuse to attack; to find some flaw in Mable's words or expression or demeanor that would warrant throwing her to the Prince's strange dog-thing. But Conner accepts Mable's relief as his own, and he adjusts his body language accordingly; his shoulders lower and he nods. "Of course. I can't promise this will be something that happens overnight, but I want to make sure the first steps are taken." For what is else is Courage but facing the painful reality that you cannot solve every problem yourself?

It looks as if other conversations are either peaking or reaching their close. Quinn appears to be conversing with Jacque and Vincenzo, and right now he'd rather leave that alone. He'd prefer to handle the fallout of the Arkwright investigation on his own terms. Maeve is absent, and O'Brien and Jennifer seemed to be deeply entrenched in their own Nosferatu business. So Conner gives another acknowledging nod to Hierophant Mable. "I think I'll be spending some time upstairs before I return home." With all that had happened over the past few weeks, not to mention tonight, a drink would certainly help even as a placebo. "If you'd like to join me, we can discuss some more mundane matters. Or if you have other business tonight, I'd understand."

Thanks for the interaction! I can get started with the official meeting Scene pretty soon, just want to leave a final end card for Mable before closing the side-thread

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable noticed the change in his body language. She really needed to read more about that...But it made her feel more relaxed. "Thank you for a surprisingly wonderful conversation. I believe we can make good progress towards a more understanding connection between our covenants. I appreciate you reaching out."

She thought a moment, "I better not join you tonight. I should try and get a little work in before bedtime."

She looked around the room. Noting people were starting to get ready to leave. She had put all her focus into Connor this evening and hadn't done her usual of listening to everyone else. Oh well.

Thank you!! This was great!

16. Likes BoxingUnicorn liked this post
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread